Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump tweets that GM and Ford build ventilators NOW, a day after stopping them because of price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump tweets that GM and Ford build ventilators NOW, a day after stopping them because of price!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...s-coronavirus/
    Saw this on several sites. This is what Mr. Incompetent means in a pandemic. Yesterday he balked at spending $1billion ( about .04% of the senate bill cost) to get these started, and claimed that they were not needed by the states, and today he demands they start production immediately. Also says that he will use the Defense Procurement act to do this ( something thatCuomo and others have been begging himto do for over two weeks , while he dragged his feet. My guess is he couldn't figure any way to personally profit from it, until today.

"In a series of four tweets, Mr. Trump moved from claiming on Thursday that states were overstating their need for tens of thousands of ventilators to accusing the nation’s carmakers and others of dragging their feet. The carmakers note that they have not been given any contracts yet by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and that the White House had failed to make a decision about who should be supplying the ventilators, which help critically ill patients breathe.

Mr. Trump said Friday that he would invoke the Defense Production Act, which would enable the federal government to mobilize privately-held companies to produce critically-needed supplies. But it is not clear that will speed the process. Ventilators are complex machines, using upwards of 1,500 unique parts from more than a dozen nations, and the manufacturers say they will be limited in part by the availability of parts."

Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...s-coronavirus/
    Saw this on several sites. This is what Mr. Incompetent means in a pandemic. Yesterday he balked at spending $1billion ( about .04% of the senate bill cost) to get these started, and claimed that they were not needed by the states, and today he demands they start production immediately. Also says that he will use the Defense Procurement act to do this ( something thatCuomo and others have been begging himto do for over two weeks , while he dragged his feet. My guess is he couldn't figure any way to personally profit from it, until today.

"In a series of four tweets, Mr. Trump moved from claiming on Thursday that states were overstating their need for tens of thousands of ventilators to accusing the nation’s carmakers and others of dragging their feet. The carmakers note that they have not been given any contracts yet by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and that the White House had failed to make a decision about who should be supplying the ventilators, which help critically ill patients breathe.

Mr. Trump said Friday that he would invoke the Defense Production Act, which would enable the federal government to mobilize privately-held companies to produce critically-needed supplies. But it is not clear that will speed the process. Ventilators are complex machines, using upwards of 1,500 unique parts from more than a dozen nations, and the manufacturers say they will be limited in part by the availability of parts."
    I think it's more petty than that: Trump doesn't want to do anything for the states with governors who have criticized him.

And I'm not the only one who thinks that:
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...icans-at-risk/

In a 2007 speech, he noted his first rule of business: “It’s called ‘Get Even.’ Get even. This isn’t your typical business speech. Get even. What this is is a real business speech. You know in all fairness to Wharton, I love ’em, but they teach you some stuff that’s a lot of bull****. When you’re in business, you get even with people that screw you. And you screw them 15 times harder.”

Revenge. It’s often on Trump’s mind. He appears to be constantly fixated on smiting his enemies, real or imagined. In an undated video, he once declared, “I really believe in trashing your enemies.” And he has proudly tweeted about his embrace of revenge, quoting Alfred Hitchcock on the subject (“Revenge is sweet and not fattening”) and declaring, “‘Always get even. When you are in business, you need to get even with people who screw you.’ – Think Big.”

Comment

Yeah , it is that...but I notice that when RED or Swing states that he needs to win start showing signs of Trouble ( LA, Michigan) he tends to act more. If he loses FLA and MI he is done, and he knows it. Despite ragging on the MI Governor he must have gotten a briefing last night that the Ventilators ARE going to be needed both there and nationwide. So far Cuomo has tried sweet talking him with little effect.( got 4000 ventilators and a bunch of **** for even asking) but I think that Trump got told last night that there are going to be a lot of Deaths , and he will be taking a lot of blame for it. I notice that he still hasn't given ford a GM the green light with official contracts....because he actually will have to sign contracts and put up the funds. His Art of the Deal is to **** over his contractors, and he can't do that .

Comment

Thanks to the defense production act they are going to make ventilators now.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
          Thanks to the defense production act they are going to make ventilators now.
          Finally!!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post

Finally!!
            Didn't Cuomo suggest that on day one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

Didn't Cuomo suggest that on day one?
              Yes, a lot of people did.

Invoking the DPA then sitting on it made no sense and the moment of life saving urgency was lost.

Trump's a slow thinker. I seriously doubt he fully understands what's going on around him, let alone how to respond.

Biden, for all his faults, at least 'gets it.' Trump looks lost if he's not self promoting or arguing with Governors, who urgently need Federal help.

Wartime President, leading from way behind?? What a ****ing joke!

Comment

Yes, a lot of people did.

Invoking the DPA then sitting on it made no sense and the moment of life saving urgency was lost.

Trump's a slow thinker. I seriously doubt he fully understands what's going on around him, let alone how to respond.

Biden, for all his faults, at least 'gets it.' Trump looks lost if he's not self promoting or arguing with Governors, who urgently need Federal help.

Wartime President, leading from way behind?? What a ****ing joke!
                Not to mention that Trump has been trashing the USA's intelligence people since he took office so who knows what kind of info he's getting, or from where. He has a lot of toadies, but not many allies.

Comment

Not to mention that Trump has been trashing the USA's intelligence people since he took office so who knows what kind of info he's getting, or from where. He has a lot of toadies, but not many allies.
                  To be surrounded by sycophants was his business model.

Comment

I think it's more petty than that: Trump doesn't want to do anything for the states with governors who have criticized him.

And I'm not the only one who thinks that:
                    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...icans-at-risk/

In a 2007 speech, he noted his first rule of business: “It’s called ‘Get Even.’ Get even. This isn’t your typical business speech. Get even. What this is is a real business speech. You know in all fairness to Wharton, I love ’em, but they teach you some stuff that’s a lot of bull****. When you’re in business, you get even with people that screw you. And you screw them 15 times harder.”

Revenge. It’s often on Trump’s mind. He appears to be constantly fixated on smiting his enemies, real or imagined. In an undated video, he once declared, “I really believe in trashing your enemies.” And he has proudly tweeted about his embrace of revenge, quoting Alfred Hitchcock on the subject (“Revenge is sweet and not fattening”) and declaring, “‘Always get even. When you are in business, you need to get even with people who screw you.’ – Think Big.”

Comment

To be surrounded by sycophants was his business model.
                      Because he's so thin-skinned and his ego is so fragile that he can't tolerate anyone who's smarter or more knowledgeable than him.

He's an emotionally stunted, narcissistic, petulant child.

Click image for larger version

Name:	91306453_2878919262145751_5829187995621654528_o.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_eui2=AeEyQIqvwnbX22HI_fEa9Xtky0CozJc__fTIUXBiLW94UwzQSqYdvLsN9tm9-ql674Lsi9n_WiTUPexuePQ6OBekVITfvvydWZM4wEPLp6lsTA&_nc_ohc=IvFs0Dsq2AoAX8fKCjv&_nc_ht=scont
Views:	76
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	2595746

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	91080896_10158279731534216_7427717635703308288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_eui2=AeErsYn1hxz9mrCXGG5rXdpVNT2K9WFwDvi5L8XcxAXLGp8mh9_3ry1CyHhEJBFuUSdYVBpC2Jlyay8aadA6gc6uAQcgRigg2F8UvhIz9NDqCw&_nc_ohc=X9anKfnxRBoAX-ESqAe&_nc_ht=scon
Views:	76
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	2595791

Comment

This thread is hysterical.

Comment

Not sure all the fuss about ventilators since Cuomo has 30k or them sitting in storage that he got from the federal government.

Comment

Working...
                            X