Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot Denver mayor puts city on mandatory lockdown

Part of the order:

1. All individuals anywhere in the City and County of Denver ("Denver") are ordered to stay at their place of residence. To the extent individuals are using outdoor spaces, they must at all times as reasonably possible maintain physical distancing of at least six feet from any other person when they are outside their residence. All persons may leave their residences only for Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions, or to operate Essential Businesses, all as defined in Section 6, below. Individuals experiencing homelessness are exempt from this section, but are strongly urged to obtain shelter, and governmental and other entities are strongly urged to make such shelter available as soon as possible and to the maximum extent practicable (and to use COVID-19 risk mitigation practices in their operation).

2. All businesses with a facility in Denver, except Essential Businesses as defined below in Section 6, are required to cease all activities at facilities located within Denver, except Minimum Basic Operations, as defined in Section 6. For clarity, businesses may also continue operations consisting exclusively of employees or contractors perfonning activities [sic] at their own residences (e.g., working from home). All Essential Businesses are asked to remain open. To the greatest extent feasible, Essential Businesses shall comply with Physical Distancing Requirements as defined in Section 6, below, including by maintaining six-foot physical distancing for both employees and members of the public, including, but not limited to, when any customers are standing in line.
    I saw part of the press conference he gave early this evening. He basically decided to do it because large numbers of people were gathering in parks for games and whatnot and he had a fit about it.

All this is going to do is hurt businesses even more thus leaving people in more dire financial straits than otherwise. I suspect a ton of bankruptcies are going to result nationwide and a slew of suicides and divorces.

Somewhere along the line we're going to have to decide if the cure is worse than the illness. If this forced shutdown goes on more often, we're going to have a severe economic catastrophe on our hands because the government is trying to babysit people with poor sanitary habits.

Good and expected news is that prelim data is showing the virus is being affected by warmer weather, like all other coronaviruses are.

Applause. Better to take the pain now, in the right way, rather than drag this on in perpetuity. Wish all of a Colorado would do the same then lockdown all roads in for the being.

I don’t plan to leave my shop for at least a few weeks...

Comment

It doesn't really change anything when you read through all the exceptions. There is nothing wrong with playing along for a several weeks, but about the middle of April it is probably time to lift it early.

Understand...to beat the virus you have to get the virus unless the seasonal changes kills the virus, but we'll be right back in this situation come late fall.

The idea is to not further overwhelm the medical infrastructure.

But this can only go on for so long before the economic pain outweighs the viral loss. That's the next phase.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
        Applause. Better to take the pain now, in the right way, rather than drag this on in perpetuity. Wish all of a Colorado would do the same then lockdown all roads in for the being.

I don’t plan to leave my shop for at least a few weeks...
        Oh **** you. Leave your shop and stay home. Don’t work then. Don’t do anything productive. For the safety of 20% of boomers.

Comment

In his speech the justification was...people were observed over the weekend not following Mao's social distancing in the park. I wonder WHO did the observing... We all got punished like bad children!

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
            In his speech the justification was...people were observed over the weekend not following Mao's social distancing in the park. I wonder WHO did the observing... We all got punished like bad children!
            Because we are nothing but ****ing children that don’t deserve any rights.

Comment

This is good for me. Contractor is all over my ass to get some stuff done in downtown Denver so now I can tell him to go **** himself while working on this house and trying to make a good profit off of this bull**** crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

Yep. that's how they do it in China.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                  Part of the order:

I saw part of the press conference he gave early this evening. He basically decided to do it because large numbers of people were gathering in parks for games and whatnot and he had a fit about it.

All this is going to do is hurt businesses even more thus leaving people in more dire financial straits than otherwise. I suspect a ton of bankruptcies are going to result nationwide and a slew of suicides and divorces.

Somewhere along the line we're going to have to decide if the cure is worse than the illness. If this forced shutdown goes on more often, we're going to have a severe economic catastrophe on our hands because the government is trying to babysit people with poor sanitary habits.

Good and expected news is that prelim data is showing the virus is being affected by warmer weather, like all other coronaviruses are.
                  That's pretty much what happened in Illinois. The governor saw the footage of the kids on spring break in FL and promptly issued the mandatory shelter in place order for the entire state. People here were already following the business closings and reduced sized groups, working from home, etc but he decided IL needed to go that extra step. Basically he sent everyone back out the stores for another round of pointless hoarding.

Comment

Just got this text.

The Happy Camper is now required to move to curbside service only. All customers must place orders online. Effective Tuesday 3.24 we'll have online ordering with curbside service only, see link below. Place order between 8:30am/8:00pm. Select order pick up time. When U arrive check in w/security and go back to car. We'll call U when we're ready to check U out. Please don't stand on patio while U wait. ATM Not Available, Bring cash with U. Full menu available online, and store is open normal hours, Mon-Sun 9-9. Thank U for your cooperation and support during this difficult time. Reply STOP AW05 to cancel https://saf5.co/12nTbwukWjP0

Well thank God the most essential business is still somewhat open.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                      It doesn't really change anything when you read through all the exceptions. There is nothing wrong with playing along for a several weeks, but about the middle of April it is probably time to lift it early.

Understand...to beat the virus you have to get the virus unless the seasonal changes kills the virus, but we'll be right back in this situation come late fall.

The idea is to not further overwhelm the medical infrastructure.

But this can only go on for so long before the economic pain outweighs the viral loss. That's the next phase.
                      Well in looking at the 2017 flu season we had 44 million infections, 61,000 dead, and 808,000 hospitalizations, so I have to wonder just how stressed hospitals are at this point. If nothing else, they may be flooded with hypochondriacs but actual patients with this, especially in light of the cancellation of elective procedures? I'll have to text a friend that works at Denver Health Medical Center and ask him about it.

Trump had said something about waiting a couple more weeks with the status quo and deciding at that time if the cure is worse than the disease. People have children to care for, etc. and cannot do so when the government is demanding most places of business close. Somewhere along the line, personal responsibility in terms of hygiene needs to come into play. The president also has an obligation to protect the national economic infrastructure as much as possible. If Italy is any guide, then if anyone should be on lockdown during this time it's folks over 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_Bronco View Post

That's pretty much what happened in Illinois. The governor saw the footage of the kids on spring break in FL and promptly issued the mandatory shelter in place order for the entire state. People here were already following the business closings and reduced sized groups, working from home, etc but he decided IL needed to go that extra step. Basically he sent everyone back out the stores for another round of pointless hoarding.
                        That's idiotic. With knee-jerk reactions like that, these mayors and governors should be held personally responsible for business failures. I hate to see what the store is going to look like in a couple days since I live in Denver...

I see so few cops on the streets I'm wondering where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

Media and politicians are trying to have an ideological feast here by pinning any spread of this thing on Trump without holding people personally responsible for good hygiene habits.

I realized what slobs most people are when after the initial wave of grocery store hoarding when they stripped out the TP, paper towels, and rice, the SOAP shelves were left untouched.

Comment

This thread is a tribute to how stupid, selfish and greedy this country has really become... it’s very entertaining, carry on....

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large

My shop is in my backyard. I’m working from home, but thank you. And yes, those lives matter even though you seem to have written them off...
                              And I’m socially isolated with literally 1 other person working on a house. But I guess driving to that house is such a threat that according to you the road should be shut down and we shouldn’t be allowed to. So if you want to shut me down, your shop should be torn down and you forced to stay inside.

Use your ****ing brain. To think that shutting down the roads because you’re good in your little shop in your backyard so **** everyone else is not only selfish af, but ****ing stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X