Press Opting Out of Trump's Live Tirades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Opting Out of Trump's Live Tirades

They don't want to be used by Trump to spread disinformation in a time of crisis.

Update: As I write I see that Jay Rosen, at his Press Think blog, has come to the same conclusion about live event coverage. His item covers many other steps in what he calls “emergency mode” handling of Trump, but on live events he says:
    Switching to emergency mode means our coverage will look different and work in a different way, as we try to prevent the President from misinforming you through us….

We will not cover live any speech, rally, or press conference involving the president. The risk of passing along bad information is too great. Instead, we will attend carefully to what he says. If we can independently verify any important news he announces we will bring that to you— after the verification step.

I agree with that, and with Rosen’s conclusion, addressed to readers:
    We feel we cannot keep telling wild and “newsy” stories about the unreliable narrator who somehow became president. Not with millions of lives at stake. We have to exit from that system to keep faith with you, and with the reason we became journalists in the first place

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/20...erence/608431/

I imagine more press outlets will follow their lead on this after Trump's ludicrous attack on an NBC reporter today.

I am sorry the Atlantic actually feels they are press in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
      They don't want to be used by Trump to spread disinformation in a time of crisis.

We will not cover live any speech, rally, or press conference involving the president. The risk of passing along bad information is too great. Instead, we will attend carefully to what he says. If we can independently verify any important news he announces we will bring that to you— after the verification step.[/I][/INDENT]
      Great time to ignore the daily virus updates with the national health authorities because this guy has an ideological stick so far up his ass he needs emergent surgery.

It's not media's place to censor what the president says, filter it, and then issue what they think is good for us to consume. Idiots like Roh applaud this arrogant behavior, and no wonder - that's how the Comintern always did it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post
        I am sorry the Atlantic actually feels they are press in the first place.
        They're openly admitting they aren't letting the president speak for himself and let the readers decide. They're censoring his words and they're damned proud of it.

Comment

2 hour daily briefings is basically unheard of.

Gotta give the admin credit for it.

Comment

Always love to see a troll tantrum. )

Trump is a liar. It's the duty of the press to verify the facts. Stop whining, little bitches.

Comment

Always love to see a troll tantrum. )

Trump is a liar. It's the duty of the press to verify the facts. Stop whining, little bitches.
              But you can't "see" it because you blocked, me, right? What's with this new childish tactic you refuse to quote my post directly but indirectly respond without naming me?

Man up. How many times have I told you to man up?

You're here supporting media censoring information, filtering it, and then letting you get what they decide. These people are so arrogant and paranoid they don't trust you to make up your own mind with unfiltered information and want to spoon-feed it to you, and you're there like a little baby bird with your mouth open waiting to be fed.

Man up. You are completely unfit for the adult world.

Comment

2 hour daily briefings is basically unheard of.

Gotta give the admin credit for it.
                These ideologues are avoiding giving credit and they're intentionally making excuses as to why they won't cover it. Trump is very calm and reassuring in these briefings and left wing media are pretending he's such an intimidating, ranting and raving maniac that they're too afraid to do their job and report what he's saying. They're trying to justify blocking the flow of information to readers for them to decide on their own which makes it a hell of a lot easier to lie to people about what he and his medical officials have been saying.

This is about the 2020 election and pandemic be damned.

Comment

Update: As I write I see that Jay Rosen, at his Press Think blog, has come to the same conclusion about live event coverage. His item covers many other steps in what he calls “emergency mode” handling of Trump, but on live events he says:
                  Switching to emergency mode means our coverage will look different and work in a different way, as we try to prevent the President from misinforming you through us….

We will not cover live any speech, rally, or press conference involving the president. The risk of passing along bad information is too great. Instead, we will attend carefully to what he says. If we can independently verify any important news he announces we will bring that to you— after the verification step.

We feel we cannot keep telling wild and “newsy” stories about the unreliable narrator who somehow became president. Not with millions of lives at stake. We have to exit from that system to keep faith with you, and with the reason we became journalists in the first place

I imagine more press outlets will follow their lead on this after Trump's ludicrous attack on an NBC reporter today.
                  Who is still watching his briefings? content aside I can’t stand him mangling sentences, and tossing around a bunch of unneeded or bizarrely places adjectives...

Comment

"Trump is undermining the Democrat Media Complex's narrative to a degree that is dangerous to our globalist agenda. We can no longer effectively control the narrative. Thus we are disengaging and hunkering down. Standing by..."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post

"Trump is undermining the Democrat Media Complex's narrative to a degree that is dangerous to our globalist agenda. We can no longer effectively control the narrative. Thus we are disengaging and hunkering down. Standing by..."
                        I think it's more like, "This guy keeps lying and he's using us to spread the lies. Right now it's a critical moment in history. We can't afford to be misleading the American people."

It's obvious that Trump doesn't give a **** what effect he's having on anybody. Even after he was told that his continued labeling of the virus as the "Chinese Virus" was endangering Asian Americans, Trump said, "Bull****" and kept doing it. He's a sociopath. He couldn't give a **** about anybody but himself.
                        Last edited by Rohirrim; 03-20-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

Who is still watching his briefings? content aside I can’t stand him mangling sentences, and tossing around a bunch of unneeded or bizarrely places adjectives...
                          I usually watch them , while simultaneously watching the DOW. It is amazing how much the market tracks his stupidity. Usually he makes some foolish assertion at the start claiming some miracle cure or event is or will happen and the markets rise. Then , the longer or more that HE speaks the markets start losing ground, and if he talks too long they lose anywhere from 300-500 points. When Faucci, or others that are lucid, talks they stabilise for a bit.

I note that the 15 days routine that started last Friday is now 7 days old , and the figure quoted by Faucci today is that it will be more than another 2 weeks at least , before we will be able to see if it is working.

So the Dow tanked today after the "briefing".

Comment

Not this **** again.

Comment

The guy he's videoing is dressed in full PPE and 6 feet away. Is he a doctor or reporter and why would the cameraman need cellophane?

Comment

Working...
                              X