Lockdown coming Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    The mask keeps you from spreading it if you have it.
    They do more than that. And certainly people don't need the same medical masks doctors and nurses use. Save those for the medical people who really need them. You're average medical mask on Amazon certainly is good for a few things. If you're some place where nobody is coughing or sneezing and there's nothing in the air, but something could be on that can of pears, you grab the beans and inadvertently touch your face moments later, the mask would keep you from transferring the germs from your fingers to your face. We all know in extreme cases the virus can live in the air for a few hours, but most cases are from people touching something and then touching their face. If a mask keeps you from touching your face on accident, then it did it's job. I suppose a football helmet could do the same thing, hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post

you should watch the presser because he was just asked about states competing with each other.
      I missed the presser. What did he say about this? I can't believe states are having to compete with other states like it's EBAY or something.

Comment

• Buy a couple of Shemaughs for personal use. Maybe buy less disposable ****.

Comment

• Trump spoke frankly on Tuesday about projections that suggest 100,000 to 240,000 Americans could die from the virus even if people follow federal guidelines meant to slow its spread. But he also made a claim that he prevented a much higher death toll, as high as 2.2 million, by taking the virus much more seriously than some other intelligent people."Think of what would have happened if we didn't do anything. I mean, I've had many friends -- businesspeople -- people with great, actually, common sense, they said, 'Why don't we ride it out?' A lot of people have said -- a lot of people have thought about it. 'Ride it out. Don't do anything, just ride it out and think of it as the flu.' But it's not the flu. It's vicious," he said.

Trump himself repeatedly told Americans in January and February to think of the coronavirus as the flu.
          At the coronavirus briefing on February 26, for example, Trump said all of the following: "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
          https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...-31/index.html

It's....amazing how he attempts to rewrite history.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            Your article is FAKE News. China didn't lockdown Wuhan until Jan. 23rd. Prior to that, China had taken ZERO action to contain the spread. A week later, Trump was the first world leader to enact travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines. Every Democrat was wrong.
            Again your stupidly making this a political issue. I don’t see any governor who’s fighting to save the lives of their people saying Democrats vs Republicans. Only Trump is doing it.

​​​​​​But wait first you said the Democrats were overreacting to a cold or exaggerated flu (which you supposedly had at one point) and now it’s serious and it’s the Democrats fault for letting it spread? Also, it’s communist to let draconian measures like shutting down a state or country to prevent the spread (Which worked in South Korea and is pretty successful in California right now) but now we should have? Make up your mind.

Comment

• It's....amazing how he attempts to rewrite history.
              Even more amazing is how his followers buy it. He does exactly what Xi in China did - and even though his base calls out China for needing to pay for their mishandling of this, their hushing and downplaying of the outbreak, they applaud Trump for doing the exact same thing. Downplays for 2 months, says things are rosy and great, and he is a hero to them. Because he enacted a travel ban on China, which was 100% the recommendation from his administration, or people smarter than him.

But because of that one act, he is amazing! Even though he did NOT stop or even check flights from Italy, while it was a hotspot. Flights coming in daily, with people returning from infected parts of the country, and not even a warning to those flights. Not a temperature check, not a briefing, NOTHING was done. And yet.. because they stopped flights from China, that was clearly all they needed to do, what more could they have done?!

It's sad honestly - that they did so little, and so many people are blinded and think he did so much. He did next to nothing - lied, one travel ban, 2 months.. nothing else. What a hero!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post

Even more amazing is how his followers buy it. He does exactly what Xi in China did - and even though his base calls out China for needing to pay for their mishandling of this, their hushing and downplaying of the outbreak, they applaud Trump for doing the exact same thing. Downplays for 2 months, says things are rosy and great, and he is a hero to them. Because he enacted a travel ban on China, which was 100% the recommendation from his administration, or people smarter than him.

But because of that one act, he is amazing! Even though he did NOT stop or even check flights from Italy, while it was a hotspot. Flights coming in daily, with people returning from infected parts of the country, and not even a warning to those flights. Not a temperature check, not a briefing, NOTHING was done. And yet.. because they stopped flights from China, that was clearly all they needed to do, what more could they have done?!

It's sad honestly - that they did so little, and so many people are blinded and think he did so much. He did next to nothing - lied, one travel ban, 2 months.. nothing else. What a hero!
                You nailed it. And this is why people need to pay attention, not just to what is said, but what actions are taking place.

When China locked down their country, it should have been obvious that this was a bigger threat than what was being said or reported. That's when I started stocking up. I tried to start a thread to bring it to the readers of this sites attention, and so we could discuss ways to prepare, but it got snarked and politicized and became useless. We started social distancing weeks before anyone in the area did. Some didn't understand then why we did. They understand now.

When people started crowding supermarkets and shops, we were already stocked up. We avoided the crowds due to some foresight. Some of those crowds spread the disease.

Stop taking what the media and what the "leaders" tell you as truth. Many of these do not have your personal best interests at heart. Start looking at actions. Action speak much louder than words. Maybe then you can protect yourself, and those you love.

Comment

• It’s so weird but people are forgetting that Trump said just last week he was strongly considering relaxing social distancing and we can’t let the cure be worse than the symptoms. Dr Fauci even said he had to strongly recommend and fight to expand social distancing measures. It’s their words not mine.
                  Last edited by Bigdawg26; 04-01-2020, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...-31/index.html

It's....amazing how he attempts to rewrite history.
                    Nobody is rewriting history. They are ALL learning amd adjusting as we go.

Trump, Pelosi, Cuomo, de Blasio, Biden, Inslee, etc....

They have all been quoted in the past few months to keep the continue.

Ride the subway.
                    Visit Chinatown.
                    Hopefully we can get back to work in a few weeks around Easter.
                    Let's keep gatherings under 250, 100, 50, 25, 10....

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post

he accepts "zero responsability" his own words and response on march 16th.
                      " I give myself a grade of A + " trumps own assesment of the job he is doing on march 17th.
                      our POTUS is a worthless POS !

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

he accepts "zero responsability" his own words and response on march 16th.
                        " I give myself a grade of A + " trumps own assesment of the job he is doing on march 17th.
                        our POTUS is a worthless POS !
                        This place is so much nicer when you are gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

well I have the virus so there is hope for your continued enjoyment of a chef free mane !
                          keep track of who is no longer posting they too may have more than a ban to deal with !

Comment

• Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

No matter what divides us, this is a cause where we can all unite.

Comment

well I have the virus so there is hope for your continued enjoyment of a chef free mane !
                              keep track of who is no longer posting they too may have more than a ban to deal with !
                              I hope you get well.

Comment

Aw man get well!

Comment

Working...
                                X