Lockdown coming Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown coming Tuesday

Heard from some friends who are friends with some very 'high ups' that Trump is going full lock down and will announce on Tuesday. I don't know how much I believe this friend of mine, I know they do have friends in high places, and honestly half the crap is already closed anyway so it doesn't seem all that far fetched to me. I think they said it would be for 2 weeks, but who really knows. Believe it or not, just wanted to mention. Not sure I fully believe it, but as I said, it doesn't seem all that far fetched either.

Depends on what is "locked down.". Here comes the recession .

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
      Heard from some friends who are friends with some very 'high ups' that Trump is going full lock down and will announce on Tuesday. I don't know how much I believe this friend of mine, I know they do have friends in high places, and honestly half the crap is already closed anyway so it doesn't seem all that far fetched to me. I think they said it would be for 2 weeks, but who really knows. Believe it or not, just wanted to mention. Not sure I fully believe it, but as I said, it doesn't seem all that far fetched either.
      My brother in law is pretty high up the chain at Fed Ex and they had a private board meeting in Memphis Sunday afternoon.They got word earlier in the day to start prep for a government mandatory shutdown from March 23-Apr 11 and looks like they came out of the meeting with the idea to start preparing for a company shutdown and to ground all flights by the weekend or first of next week.Fauci and a few of his colleagues are fearing that we could become Italy x10 by the end of April if this isn't done so the government is going to take the advice.

**** about to get real....

Comment

Hard to know what to believe honestly. I've seen things on the web saying the lockdown is fake news. That might be true, it might be that the response to the lockdown saying it was fake news, is the fake news. There are so many F'n trolls out there these days trying to spin things so you believe one thing or another and some doing it just for fun because they have no life.

Honestly, my approach is to be a bit on the cautious side, but it always is anyway. I typically have about a month supply of stuff because you never know, but I'm not building any secret under ground bunker off in the hills with rations for 2 years or anything crazy. If it came to that, F it, there's no telling what the hell would happen anyway. Nomads I guess, hahaha.

Comment

Guys, If what I have seen happen in Italy is of any value, the cat is already out of the bag in the US. It's past containment. In part, the quarantine is to try and give the medical side a chance to deal with their localities. They are completely overwhelmed here, and we are still growing by 20% each day.

This thing is sneaky, too many people that had it had no clue, which allows the transmission to get out of hand.

I really, really, really, wish I was not trapped here. I don't see any scenario in which I can get home at any point for several months. I remain concerned for my family, and frankly, never want to find myself in this sort of predicament again.

We were briefed it will take 90 days to run it's course. We are about halfway through that here. The assumption also being that it goes away. I don't think there are any guarantees of that.

Just have to hope for the best. Stay safe, minimize contact, hug you loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
            Hard to know what to believe honestly. I've seen things on the web saying the lockdown is fake news. That might be true, it might be that the response to the lockdown saying it was fake news, is the fake news. There are so many F'n trolls out there these days trying to spin things so you believe one thing or another and some doing it just for fun because they have no life.

Honestly, my approach is to be a bit on the cautious side, but it always is anyway. I typically have about a month supply of stuff because you never know, but I'm not building any secret under ground bunker off in the hills with rations for 2 years or anything crazy. If it came to that, F it, there's no telling what the hell would happen anyway. Nomads I guess, hahaha.
            Fed Ex would not have had an unplanned board meeting yesterday about a lockdown if it were just "fake news".

Comment

Worked in South Korea. Need to quarantine for at least 14 days....at least. The new cases in South Korea are virtually zero. Probably need to quarantine for more. I would say at least 30 days. However, many do not have enough provisions for 30 days.

That is probably what needs to be done and I say the sooner the better.

There is no magical answer for this. This is how things are done and I am hoping some people actually wake up to the IMPORTANCE of health SCREENING people before we allow entry to refugees from ANYWHERE including the Scandinavian countries . We figured this out with Ellis Island and Angel Island on the West Coast. Because of efforts similar to that and quarantining etc we eradicated diseases like malaria, yellow fever, small pox among others. Many in the medical field actually to this day consider that a miracle that we were able to accomplish that.

Cannot just ALLOW EVERYONE in here Italian style. Do people get that or not? I sure hope so.

For comic relief, here is Norm Mcdonald....on the coronavirus.

"Funny how big Pharma is so evil.....till now....."

"Oh ****....cannot touch my ****in face."

"I'll be talking about all kinds of horse **** up here tonight, but every moment I will be thinking.......this disease"

Comment

Would love the rest and time off even though I’m self employed.

Comment

I’m hearing this too. Who know people were such pussies. I lament the human race and it’s love of mass hysteria. If only corona virus was as deadly as the flu.... might cull this dumb ass herd

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                    I’m hearing this too. Who know people were such pussies. I lament the human race and it’s love of mass hysteria. If only corona virus was as deadly as the flu.... might cull this dumb ass herd
                    Dude come on. It’s ten times as deadly as the flu at a minimum, and it spreads easier.

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                      yea It’s scary stuff, there are 10 people who are in serious or critical condition from it right now in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Dude come on. It’s ten times as deadly as the flu at a minimum, and it spreads easier.
                        Dude, you can reason with ignorance. The more facts you pick up the more the tend to ignore it. They don’t acknowledge it until someone they love is effected by it.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

yea It’s scary stuff, there are 10 people who are in serious or critical condition from it right now in the USA.
                          Right. Italy on Sunday announced 3,590 new cases and 368 deaths in just 24 hours which brings their cases 24727 and to death total to 1809 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post

Right. Italy on Sunday announced 3,590 new cases and 368 deaths in just 24 hours which brings their cases 24727 and to death total to 1809 right now.
                            Out of 60 million people? Do you know the statistics for other risks we take, like driving?

Comment

These are the current numbers and it’s increasing. Also, actually it’s not technically out of 60 million because the population is still at risk of infections. So it could potentially double at the end of the week. This is some pretty serious stuff to be taken lightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X