Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - COVID19 What Are You Doing To Prepare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - COVID19 What Are You Doing To Prepare?

We've stocked up about 5 or 6 weeks of non perishable food that we would use anyways, some cold and flu meds, and a few household items.

So far no cases where I live, but the healthcare system could get easily overwhelmed if (when?) it takes hold. And I'd like the option of not having to leave the house if necessary to limit exposure.

Is anyone else making preparations? I don't think I need to go crazy, but at least have a little extra of what we use anyways seems prudent.

Comment

Get some...sour cream and onion chips, with some dip, man. Some beef jerkey, some peanut butter. Get some Hagen-Dagz ice-cream bars. A whole lotta of chocolate. Gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, pink popcorn. GRAHAM CRACKERS!!! Graham crackers with the marshmallows. Little marshmallows with little chocolate bars and we'll make some s'mores man. Celery, grape jelly, Captain Crunch with the little crunch berries, pizzas, we need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, water, a whole lotta water and.......Funyuns.

Comment

Nothing. We have 'hurricane' supplies, so if needed, we'll dip into that, but I don't expect that to be likely.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcReyhbZ2u1gJjgiaNfUfMKmF8vahR31HUgDx383c1baXBs7YAXm.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	2576473

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
            We've stocked up about 5 or 6 weeks of non perishable food that we would use anyways, some cold and flu meds, and a few household items.

So far no cases where I live, but the healthcare system could get easily overwhelmed if (when?) it takes hold. And I'd like the option of not having to leave the house if necessary to limit exposure.

Is anyone else making preparations? I don't think I need to go crazy, but at least have a little extra of what we use anyways seems prudent.
            Hey dumb&$$. Get your clownshow crap off the football forums.
            https://www.orangemane.com/forum/jib...n-and-how-many

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              Nothing. We have 'hurricane' supplies, so if needed, we'll dip into that, but I don't expect that to be likely.
              I usually keep at least a months worth on hand in case of earthquakes, social unrest, or some other disaster. We have a 60 gallon water tank we keep filled as well, but that's pretty common here as the water goes out for half the day often.

I don't think access will be much of an issue, but it could be. All my clients live in China, and most are afraid to leave their homes at the moment. 1 family member might leave every few days to go shopping, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Hey dumb&$$. Get your clownshow crap off the football forums.
                https://www.orangemane.com/forum/jib...n-and-how-many
                Lol, I never visit that forum for a reason.

If this needs to be moved, so be it.
                Edited to add: Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	1148
Size:	682.5 KB
ID:	2576482

Comment

I am organizing a farewell barbecue for this weekend with my friends

Comment

Originally posted by ak1971 View Post
                    Get some...sour cream and onion chips, with some dip, man. Some beef jerkey, some peanut butter. Get some Hagen-Dagz ice-cream bars. A whole lotta of chocolate. Gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, pink popcorn. GRAHAM CRACKERS!!! Graham crackers with the marshmallows. Little marshmallows with little chocolate bars and we'll make some s'mores man. Celery, grape jelly, Captain Crunch with the little crunch berries, pizzas, we need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, water, a whole lotta water and.......Funyuns.

Get the Wesley Pipes!

Comment

I should probably stick to dating one girl to reduce the risk of infection.

Comment

Not eat Chinese food.

Comment

Just ordered 4 large tubs of ascorbic Vitamin C. Don't know any other way to deal with a virus. The best defense according to my nutritionist is vitamin C in the POWDER FORM (or crystal form.)

Sounds like anything is rather futile against this thing. Any time you hear a virus killing the young and healthy, well that is when to be concerned.

Let's face it. We have been really lucky that we have not had to endure an outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
                            Just ordered 4 large tubs of ascorbic Vitamin C. Don't know any other way to deal with a virus. The best defense according to my nutritionist is vitamin C in the POWDER FORM (or crystal form.)

Sounds like anything is rather futile against this thing. Any time you hear a virus killing the young and healthy, well that is when to be concerned.

Let's face it. We have been really lucky that we have not had to endure an outbreak.
                            That's literally the opposite of what this is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                              Not eat Chinese food.
                              guess no more Italian food too.

Comment

Working...
                              X