Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puerto Rico's emergency services director fired after warehouse discovered with supplies from Maria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rico's emergency services director fired after warehouse discovered with supplies from Maria

Puerto Rico Gov. Wanda Vazquez dismissed the island's director of emergency management after a warehouse was discovered with supplies dating back to Hurricane Maria.

Video published Saturday showed a warehouse in the southwestern city of Ponce filled with supplies, including thousands of cases of water, believed to have been from when the hurricane struck the island in 2017.

Hurricane Maria left 2,975 people dead and caused major problems in Puerto Rico for months, including power outages and shortages of food, water and medicine.

"There are thousands of people who have made sacrifices to bring help to the south, and it is unforgivable that resources have been kept in a warehouse," Vazquez said in a statement.

The governor gave officials 48 hours to investigate why the supplies never were delivered to those who needed them.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/puerto-ric...ry?id=68374426

They'll probably blame any deaths today on the hurricane like the have the last few years.

Comment

Comment

I wonder how many people died because the left needed to prove a point about what a bad guy Trump is.

Comment

Poor trump. Thank goodness he has TJ covering for him.

But we'll just agree to disagree, since TJ isn't here to convince anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            I wonder how many people died because the left needed to prove a point about what a bad guy Trump is.
            no kidding.

Comment

I imagine what they will discover is that it had nothing to do with this boogey man "left" you keep pissing down your leg about. I'll bet it was, once again (and the theme of our times) simple greed. This ahole was selling the stuff. Happens all the time. We send shiploads of aid to Africa (and other countries) all the time. What happens? You can watch the ships come in and get unloaded on the dock. Then some warlord sends his crew out and they load the supplies onto new ships headed for India where they sell the stuff. Warlord pockets the money. That's why Bob Geldorf, when he was running Aid to Africa, ended up driving the trucks inland himself. He saw all the aid being ripped off by local politicians and warlords. The world is full of corruption, greed and selfishness. Man is a sick creature. Just look at Trump. He embodies it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

I imagine what they will discover is that it had nothing to do with this boogey man "left" you keep pissing down your leg about. I'll bet it was, once again (and the theme of our times) simple greed. This ahole was selling the stuff. Happens all the time. We send shiploads of aid to Africa (and other countries) all the time. What happens? You can watch the ships come in and get unloaded on the dock. Then some warlord sends his crew out and they load the supplies onto new ships headed for India where they sell the stuff. Warlord pockets the money. That's why Bob Geldorf, when he was running Aid to Africa, ended up driving the trucks inland himself. He saw all the aid being ripped off by local politicians and warlords. The world is full of corruption, greed and selfishness. Man is a sick creature. Just look at Trump. He embodies it.
                https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ssello-1421367

Trump slams 'corrupt' Puerto Rican officials as protesters call for governor's resignation

What a shame she was such a good resister for the left.

Comment

The trump cultists can only see this in the light of how it relates to trump.

Just like he does.

Pretty soon they'll be arguing that trump has always been wronged, that America isn't good enough for him, and that it needs to be burned down to purify it and make America worthy of him.

Comment

I don't see this story in how it relates to Trump. I see it in how it relates to the Democrats.

Why did you make this about Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

You're saying it wasn't Democrats trying to make Trump look bad. It was Democrats simply being greedy?

Comment

You're saying it wasn't Democrats trying to make Trump look bad. It was Democrats simply being greedy?
                        Believe it or not (and I know you won't) there are things that happen in this world that have nothing to do with politics, or the deep state, or any other kind of bull**** you can come up with. It's just people acting badly.

Comment

...when Democrats get caught.

Comment

I understand why you don't like Republicans. I don't understand why you defend Democrat corruption like it was your favorite brother doing it.

Comment

I don't see this story in how it relates to Trump. I see it in how it relates to the Democrats.

Why did you make this about Trump?
                              Ummmm, you mentioned trump first.

Comment

Working...
                              X