trump is America at its smallest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

It helps that your slate of major candidates largely meet or exceed every negative caricature out there about your party.
    To the extent this is true, I don't think it would matter much regardless. Trump's exploitation of their fears is strong enough to withstand a "good" Dem candidate. That said, I think Biden will do better with the demographic than Hillary did.

Comment

It helps that your slate of major candidates largely meet or exceed every negative caricature out there about your party.
      Whereas your GOPNF revels in trump, who would be caricature but is sadly for real.

How long will it take your GOPNF to recover its identity from trump? Will it?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

To the extent this is true, I don't think it would matter much regardless. Trump's exploitation of their fears is strong enough to withstand a "good" Dem candidate. That said, I think Biden will do better with the demographic than Hillary did.
        Wouldn't matter with the hard core 35-40. But we both have that nutjob demographic.

I see Lizzy came out and said she's canceling all student debt if elected, unilaterally.

So stupid on two levels... one because the moveable middle thinks it's such a terrible idea. Two, because such sweeping authoritarian gestures from the people talking about what a dire threat Trump is is completely self-destroying.

But that's the (less and less) caricaturey caricature of course. As the team that wants ever expanding federal power up until the very day their opponents might wield the same.

Comment

I see Lizzy came out and said she's canceling all student debt if elected, unilaterally.

So stupid on two levels...
          You'll get no arguments from me on this. No idea how such bright people can do such dumb things. The only thing I can figure is that they think the juice it will give them on the far left is greater than any negative fallout from it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

You'll get no arguments from me on this. No idea how such bright people can do such dumb things. The only thing I can figure is that they think the juice it will give them on the far left is greater than any negative fallout from it.
            It's a lie. Which is really its own sort of corruption. As you allude to, she's obviously educated enough to know what an affront to the Constutional order it is. But she doesn't care. Cheap political points. Over time, it plainly degrades the public's resistance to extra-legal political action. Which is half of what has landed us where we are.

Comment

Beav always complaining but never acting.

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                Beav always complaining but never acting.
                At the end of the day, we all really only have our vote.

Trump won't get mine. Neither will Liz or Bernie.

Joe still has an outside shot if he strikes the right (pragmatic, centrist) tone in the general... assuming he survives the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                  Most of that stuff is stuff I don't care about, regardless of president Tax returns - don't care. Charity fraud - subjective, and you don't care when its the Clintons, so why should I care that you brought it up? Never put his business into a trust? I can't roll my eyes far enough into the back of my head to show how much I don't care. Emoluments? ROFL whatevs. Campaign finance fraud? Every campaign has to deal with that stuff (it didn't seem to bother you when Obama did it). On and on and on... Golfing? Why should I care if a president golfs? Especially at his OWN resort. Family working at the White House - who cares?

Your list seems petty and hypocritical. I couldn't be more bored with it.
                  TRANSLATION - I only care about 'R'. I mean, it's not shocking news to any of us really. We pretty much already knew that about you. When you try to join the discussions, when we all try to sort through the political mess and try to find ways to move to a better place, you're only interest is the 'R' nametag. It's no longer about any policies, or the constitution, or right vs wrong, or how do we all try to improve on things, it all boils down to you're nothing but a party man inside and out. You're basically one of those guys that would rather be a Russian than a Democrat. Gotta say, I don't support many Republican policies, a few of them I do, but I would totally rather convert to be a Republican than become one of these phuckin morons below who would sooner move to communist Russia instead of remaining American. Country over party, any day of the week for me. These fools below, they're not Americans. Anybody who would rather be Russian than a Democrat isn't American, it's really that simple. I consider Repubicans Americans, just not the party I think is doing the best things for this country to move forward. But I would never call any Repubican non-American if they would rather be a Dem than a Russian. Vice versa. Any Dem that would rather be a Russian than a Republican, same thing. Not American. Which are you Taco? You American or you one of these clowns below?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg?itok=g_prHXKd.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	2556895

Comment

At the end of the day, we all really only have our vote.
                    Being a citizen is more than just voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                      The people who have been conned by Donald Trump should not feel embarrassed. Trump is a professional conman trained by a professional conman, grandson of a pimp. He is an expert - Spew an ocean of bull****. When that fails, spew some more bull****. Just keep spewing until something works. Wall Street and the banks turned off that spigot a long time ago. They're not suckers. Look who fills his rallies? The same people traveling carnies have been preying on for generations. They love to see the "poorly educated" come through the gates. "Hey, mister! Come over here. Try your luck. This is a sure thing. I see "winner" written all over you!"
                      I see them at the hospital all the time. Generally nice people, but clearly not very bright, and their world is as big as a marble... what most interesting is these people are usually honest, hardworking and try to do the right thing... but they’re also easily taken... they’ve always done what they were supposed to do, and hasn’t worked out... they like to blame someone, which is natural, and Trump is great at exploring that...

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post

Being a citizen is more than just voting.
                        Oh I agree. Get involved in your community. Coach. Community Service. Be socially active. Do everything you can to build America's grassroots social capital up where you live.

Never be conned into believing your civic responsibility rests in writing some DC douchebag a nastygram.

Comment

Ha Ha I bet ****staneshane is zero point zero on that list. Or any other list for that matter. Tough to do much from a basement.

Comment

The hatefulness toward Trump is the smallest of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmind View Post
                              I wouldn't hate him if he was back pretending to fire people on TV, or boinking models or telling dirty jokes on Howard Stern's show. But in the Oval Office? It's not so much I hate him as I loathe such an embarrassment being the leader of a great country.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmind View Post
                                You're not even original.

trump himself is a small American.

Comment

Working...
                                X