X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Obama didn't take him out because he had at least a limited modicum of respect for the Constitution

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Las-Vegas.html

Col Gaddafi killed: convoy bombed by drone flown by pilot in Las Vegas

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied

No. The liars on the right who have been ripping apart this country for thirty years are at fault. Fox News, for spreading lies and doubt is at fault. The liars that lied us into Iraq are at fault. The pathological liar in the WH now is at fault. You can't find reality until you stop telling lies.
    Clearly you’ve bought into the leftist propaganda just as they buy into Trump being a hero. I see you each as being no different...

Leave a comment:

• ShaneFalco
    replied
    Obama didn't take him out because he had at least a limited modicum of respect for the Constitution
    Was this before or after he unleashed the NSA? droned an american citizen with no trial? gave weapons to a cartel that were used to kill a border agent?

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Taco John View Post

I personally believe they served him up through a backchannel.
    I think U.S. intelligence has had tabs on this guy's movements every day for years. Obama didn't take him out because he had at least a limited modicum of respect for the Constitution and considered an deliberate attack on an Iranian general an act of war (of course, this sets a precedent and now leaves open the possibility that somebody could whack one of our generals). Nobody could have expected Iran's tepid, confused response (or the tragedy of the downed jet). Trump doesn't worry about that ****. Shoot a missile, tweet a bit, have a cheeseburger, go golfing... who cares? I'm worried what he will do when Pelosi drops off the articles of impeachment with Mitch. Bomb California?

If it was me and intelligence informed me that Suliemani was going to land at an airport and drive down a particular road, I would have had our forces plant a massive IED on that road and when he drove over it, kablooie. Then, I blame him for planting it. Of course, Trump doesn't waste time thinking. He has an impulse, he reacts. Like a toddler.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Paladin View Post
    Rationale for killing Saleimani has shifted again. I am not at all sad he was taken out. But our murders should be less obvious than those of Putin's. For 7 months he was targeted. Why lie about it?

WH has no credibility. 15,000+ lies in three years.
    Pompeo still hanging onto the "imminent threat" narrative. Defense Secretary saying he had no knowledge of that. State Dept. people in charge of embassy security hadn't heard anything about it. I'm going to go with warmongering GOP Senators tell Trump, "Ice the Iranian for us and we've got your back on impeachment." That's the kind of dealing that Trump is comfortable with.

Leave a comment:

• Taco John
    replied
    Originally posted by ghwk View Post

It would make sense that you believe that.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• ghwk
    replied
    Originally posted by Taco John View Post

It would make sense that you believe that.

Leave a comment:

• Taco John
    replied
    Originally posted by Paladin View Post
    Really? Personally? You got insider info? Wow! Why after 7 months? Why now?
    My thoughts: because now is when it's politically tenable. If the Democrats decide they want to fight Trump on this, I think he's more than happy to have that battle play out over 2020.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Look. Most of us KNOW the facts. It's just that some need to pretend those facts are different in order to fit their views. Trump straight up took out Suleimani to earn some points amidst being impeached. There has been no documents showing an imminent threat. Heck, Trump says one thing, then Pompeo says something totally different, as in "we didn't know when an attack would come, or what location, we just new an attack was coming". LMAO, how in the hell is that imminent then? When you have no facts showing when and where an attack will happen. So, we know for a fact that the strike on Suleimani was nothing more than Trump attempting to earn points. He's not allowed to take out that kind of target (an act of war) without congress. Once again, Trump circumventing congress and making a mockery of the constitution and Republicans don't give a damn. Moving forward, Republicans won't ever have a leg to stand on when it comes to the constitution. They are showing they truly don't really care about it at all. The other facts are that the Iranian people did not like that we took Suleimani out with a drone. Nor did they like their own side taking down that plane full of innocent people.

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    replied
    Really? Personally? You got insider info? Wow! Why after 7 months? Why now?

Leave a comment:

• Taco John
    replied
    For all we know, behind the scenes, the Mullahs might be secretly happy that Suleimani bought the farm. Ever think of that?

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    replied
    Rationale for killing Saleimani has shifted again. I am not at all sad he was taken out. But our murders should be less obvious than those of Putin's. For 7 months he was targeted. Why lie about it?

WH has no credibility. 15,000+ lies in three years.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
    There is the reality of all that is going down here and then there is the spin zone happening on each side. It’s so disappointing to see the disparity of reality in both sides. Our media and the politicization on each side is killing this country.
    No. The liars on the right who have been ripping apart this country for thirty years are at fault. Fox News, for spreading lies and doubt is at fault. The liars that lied us into Iraq are at fault. The pathological liar in the WH now is at fault. You can't find reality until you stop telling lies.

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied
    There is the reality of all that is going down here and then there is the spin zone happening on each side. It’s so disappointing to see the disparity of reality in both sides. Our media and the politicization on each side is killing this country.

Leave a comment:

• Rohirrim
    replied
    For all we know, behind the scenes, the Mullahs might be secretly happy that Suleimani bought the farm. Ever think of that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X