Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hey txtebow, do you know where St. Nicholas was born?

    Demre, Turkey. Here is a man in Demre (jolly ole St. Nick's stomping grounds) selling St. Nick memorabilia:

    Sure looks like a white guy to me!

    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by houghtam View Post
      Complain all you want. Won't do you any good, and reeks of hypocrisy.

      Personally, I grew up believing in the traditional image of Santa, but like I said, it doesn't bother me one iota what other people believe. I thought you righties were all about personal freedom.

      Besides, isn't Christmas supposed to be about, you know, Christ? I'm sure Jee-zuss would be thrilled with your narrow views.
      Imagine the hilarity of having the historical figures of St. Nick and Jesus time warped to the present? The winguts would blow a gasket on the first look.

      "You mean, they're brown? LIES!"

      Comment


      • #18
        Mustafa Guzel, owner of a shop near the cathedral, probably looks a lot more similar to St. Nicholas (b. Nikolaos...that sure is an Anglo name! ) than Santa Claus does.

        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
          Imagine the hilarity of having the historical figures of St. Nick and Jesus time warped to the present? The winguts would blow a gasket on the first look.

          "You mean, they're brown? LIES!"
          Yeppers.

          txtebow: "You can't steal the icon for Christmas that we stole in the first place! Next you're going to tell me that we didn't invent the Christmas tree or that gift-giving near the winter solstice happened for hundreds of years before Christmas was ever celebrated!"

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by houghtam View Post
            Hey txtebow, do you know where St. Nicholas was born?

            Demre, Turkey. Here is a man in Demre (jolly ole St. Nick's stomping grounds) selling St. Nick memorabilia:

            Sure looks like a white guy to me!

            I'm olive skinned and Italian; I recognize Santa Claus as white and the guy pictured above looks a lot more like me and Santa than the author of the original article noted in post #1

            Further, post a picture of a guy from Brooklyn, New York, in 1920 and he looks just like me; post a picture of a guy from Brooklyn New York tiday and he's likely to look Puerto Rican or Black.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              Yeppers.

              txtebow: "You can't steal the icon for Christmas that we stole in the first place! Next you're going to tell me that we didn't invent the Christmas tree or that gift-giving near the winter solstice happened for hundreds of years before Christmas was ever celebrated!"
              You stand for nothing. I stand proud. That's what makes me successful and what makes you an unemployed ex concession stand manager. If we ever met in person I'd bet I would feel ashamed for even conversing with you.

              LONG LIVE THE FAT, WHITE & BEARDED JOLLY OLD SAINT NICK!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Anyone else find it ironic that someone fighting so hard for the image of Santa Claus, a symbol of peace and goodness, has to resort to personal attacks to try and get whatever point he is trying to make across?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                  Anyone else find it ironic that someone fighting so hard for the image of Santa Claus, a symbol of peace and goodness, has to resort to personal attacks to try and get whatever point he is trying to make across?

                  I made my point LONG before resorting to defining your existence in a FACTUAL context..... And I have it on good authority that you're on track for another lump of coal in your stocking. Merry Christmas!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                    I made my point LONG before resorting to defining your existence in a FACTUAL context..... And I have it on good authority that you're on track for another lump of coal in your stocking. Merry Christmas!
                    And your point was invalidated. Your Santa is a bastard.

                    Happy Holidays!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                      And your point was invalidated. Your Santa is a bastard.

                      Happy Holidays!

                      I think the proper term is "mongrel"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                        I think the proper term is "mongrel"
                        Six of one, half dozen of another...although I suppose since we're talking to someone claiming to be Italian, "mongrel" would be rather appropriate, wouldn't it?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Christmas, children, is not a white man. It is a state of mind.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                            Anyone else find it ironic that someone fighting so hard for the image of Santa Claus, a symbol of peace and goodness, has to resort to personal attacks to try and get whatever point he is trying to make across?

                            Too bad you didn't get a visit from the Krampus.

                            Comment


                            • #29

                              Comment


                              • #30

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X