Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey txtebow, do you know where St. Nicholas was born?

Demre, Turkey. Here is a man in Demre (jolly ole St. Nick's stomping grounds) selling St. Nick memorabilia:

Sure looks like a white guy to me!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
      Complain all you want. Won't do you any good, and reeks of hypocrisy.

Personally, I grew up believing in the traditional image of Santa, but like I said, it doesn't bother me one iota what other people believe. I thought you righties were all about personal freedom.

Besides, isn't Christmas supposed to be about, you know, Christ? I'm sure Jee-zuss would be thrilled with your narrow views.
      Imagine the hilarity of having the historical figures of St. Nick and Jesus time warped to the present? The winguts would blow a gasket on the first look.

"You mean, they're brown? LIES!"

Comment

Mustafa Guzel, owner of a shop near the cathedral, probably looks a lot more similar to St. Nicholas (b. Nikolaos...that sure is an Anglo name! ) than Santa Claus does.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
          Imagine the hilarity of having the historical figures of St. Nick and Jesus time warped to the present? The winguts would blow a gasket on the first look.

"You mean, they're brown? LIES!"
          Yeppers.

txtebow: "You can't steal the icon for Christmas that we stole in the first place! Next you're going to tell me that we didn't invent the Christmas tree or that gift-giving near the winter solstice happened for hundreds of years before Christmas was ever celebrated!"

Comment

Hey txtebow, do you know where St. Nicholas was born?

Demre, Turkey. Here is a man in Demre (jolly ole St. Nick's stomping grounds) selling St. Nick memorabilia:

Sure looks like a white guy to me!

I'm olive skinned and Italian; I recognize Santa Claus as white and the guy pictured above looks a lot more like me and Santa than the author of the original article noted in post #1

Further, post a picture of a guy from Brooklyn, New York, in 1920 and he looks just like me; post a picture of a guy from Brooklyn New York tiday and he's likely to look Puerto Rican or Black.

Comment

Yeppers.

txtebow: "You can't steal the icon for Christmas that we stole in the first place! Next you're going to tell me that we didn't invent the Christmas tree or that gift-giving near the winter solstice happened for hundreds of years before Christmas was ever celebrated!"
              You stand for nothing. I stand proud. That's what makes me successful and what makes you an unemployed ex concession stand manager. If we ever met in person I'd bet I would feel ashamed for even conversing with you.

LONG LIVE THE FAT, WHITE & BEARDED JOLLY OLD SAINT NICK!!

Comment

Anyone else find it ironic that someone fighting so hard for the image of Santa Claus, a symbol of peace and goodness, has to resort to personal attacks to try and get whatever point he is trying to make across?

Comment

Anyone else find it ironic that someone fighting so hard for the image of Santa Claus, a symbol of peace and goodness, has to resort to personal attacks to try and get whatever point he is trying to make across?

I made my point LONG before resorting to defining your existence in a FACTUAL context..... And I have it on good authority that you're on track for another lump of coal in your stocking. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by txtebow View Post
                    I made my point LONG before resorting to defining your existence in a FACTUAL context..... And I have it on good authority that you're on track for another lump of coal in your stocking. Merry Christmas!
                    And your point was invalidated. Your Santa is a bastard.

Happy Holidays!

Comment

And your point was invalidated. Your Santa is a bastard.

Happy Holidays!

I think the proper term is "mongrel"

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                        I think the proper term is "mongrel"
                        Six of one, half dozen of another...although I suppose since we're talking to someone claiming to be Italian, "mongrel" would be rather appropriate, wouldn't it?

Comment

Christmas, children, is not a white man. It is a state of mind.

Comment

Too bad you didn't get a visit from the Krampus.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X