Ricky Gervais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Gervais

BTW, anybody catch Ricky's opening monologue at the Golden Globes? Now THAT is ****ing genius comedy! I was astonished. That "In memorium" joke? Sheer brilliance. This is what comedy is supposed to be about. The majority of comics now are like middle schoolers. They think it's cutting edge to talk about their genitals and bodily functions. Juvenile. Ricky shows us what humor is supposed to do - Blast your own smug biases with light through laughter.

I don't know how many of you saw Ricky on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld... but Ricky told this joke:

A comedian dies and goes to heaven and there's God waiting for him. The comedian is nervous so he tells God a Holocaust joke. God says, "That's really not appropriate." The comedian says, "Well. I guess you would have had to been there." H A H A H A

Like he told the puffed up movie stars: "Remember, they're just jokes, we're all gonna die soon, and there's no sequel."

(The Judi Dench joke was unnecessary. He should have cut that one. He almost did...)

He had some great bits... I personally loved the dig at apple as tim cook looks on and he drops the sweatshop line after praising their entrance in apple tv programming. He then used that joke to finger wag at hollywood for any of them lecturing us on politics after you consider who their employers are. The sheer look from tim cook and the director he torched on pedo movies was priceless. The epstein bits were epic as well... Well done RG!

Also the interesting thing is people are trying to make his humor into a polical football when clearly the man was just telling jokes. He's not a right winger by any means he just found some great material to stick to the people in that room.

Comment

Loved it. Tom Hanks facial expressions were priceless. Also loved that he was drinking a beer.

Comment

I miss the days when comedians could make fun of just about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post

Loved it. Tom Hanks facial expressions were priceless. Also loved that he was drinking a beer.
          Tom hanks had sex with Sarah Ruth Ashcroft when she was 13 and he was an adult.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

Someone hangs out at QAnon...

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post

No conspiracy theory is too insane for the Trump cult.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	720
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	2551758

Comment

Originally posted by W*GS View Post

You mean Twitter. To my knowledge Q hasn't mentioned a single word about Sara Ruth Aschraft.

She's on Twitter, which is where she made the accusation:

Comment

Taco the tripe you believe is just frightening. I can go on twitter and say you raped me as a child. You and Gaff must be PM buddies

”The claims about Tom Hanks can be traced back to a single Twitter user named Sarah Ruth Ashcraft, who has been claiming for months that the actor sexually abused her as a teenager while she was under “mind control.”

A representative for Tom Hanks did not immediately respond to a BuzzFeed News request for comment.

Ashcraft has leveled similar accusations of abuse against Hillary Clinton, her own father, and several other people and organizations. She has not provided any evidence for these claims, and she did not immediately respond to interview requests sent to her social media accounts Monday.”

Ashcraft recently boasted of having increased her Twitter follower count by 20,000 after her claims were picked up by the wider online community of QAnon conspiracy theorists. She has previously said that her accusations against Hanks and others are true because “if the things I’m saying weren’t the truth, twitter would shut down my page.”

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Well, if it’s on the inter webs it must be true right Taco? Just like everything here?

Comment

TJ lives on QAnon.

Comment

I definitely follow Qanon. I have zero doubts that Trump and military is behind it. I think someone would have to be a fool not to at least follow the most influential social media psyops. I also follow Media Matters, Share Blue, et.al. which is the competing psyops, but it's more engaged in traditional media than social media - though they are very active on social media as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                          Taco the tripe you believe is just frightening. I can go on twitter and say you raped me as a child. You and Gaff must be PM buddies

”The claims about Tom Hanks can be traced back to a single Twitter user named Sarah Ruth Ashcraft, who has been claiming for months that the actor sexually abused her as a teenager while she was under “mind control.”

A representative for Tom Hanks did not immediately respond to a BuzzFeed News request for comment.

Ashcraft has leveled similar accusations of abuse against Hillary Clinton, her own father, and several other people and organizations. She has not provided any evidence for these claims, and she did not immediately respond to interview requests sent to her social media accounts Monday.”

Ashcraft recently boasted of having increased her Twitter follower count by 20,000 after her claims were picked up by the wider online community of QAnon conspiracy theorists. She has previously said that her accusations against Hanks and others are true because “if the things I’m saying weren’t the truth, twitter would shut down my page.”

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Well, if it’s on the inter webs it must be true right Taco? Just like everything here?
                          I think her account is more believable than Blasey Ford. Why does the left only believe women who come forward with their abuse when elections are on the line?

As far as I'm concerned, the text you just posed helps to validate the credibility of her claims. Not that I'm happy about it. I'm still very skeptical as I have very close friends who are relatives of Tom Hanks, and I want to believe the best. But I find it concerning that he hasn't sued her and discredited her account. I didn't want to believe the stuff they said about Bill Cosby at first either. Eventually, I had no choice.

Comment

What's happening on the internet is a reflection of the politics to come. If we make it out of this without a second civil war I'll be amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                              What's happening on the internet is a reflection of the politics to come. If we make it out of this without a second civil war I'll be amazed.
                              We won’t.

Comment

Working...
                              X