Clear All

• How to Scare the Bejesus out of a Trump Supporter

Will There Be a Draft? Young People Worry After Military Strike

Click image for larger version

Name:	5b5bdb86813e1b0d9ac479f5693c8a23.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2550594

For decades, American men over the age of 18 have gone through the ritual of registering with the government in case of a military draft. In recent years, this action has felt more like going through the motions, simply checking a box.

But Friday, after a U.S. drone strike in Iraq killed Iran’s top security and intelligence commander, prompting concerns about the possibility of a new war in the Middle East, that oft-forgotten paperwork became a reason for spiking anxiety among many Americans.

“World War III” started trending on social media. Young men suddenly recalled registering after their 18th birthdays, many having done so while applying for college financial aid. One Twitter user posted that he had blocked the account of the U.S. Army, with the (faulty) reasoning that: “They can’t draft you if they can’t see you.”

Interest was so high that it apparently crashed the website for the Selective Service System, the independent government agency that maintains a database of Americans eligible for a potential draft. “Due to the spread of misinformation, our website is experiencing high traffic volumes at this time,” the agency said on Twitter, adding, “We appreciate your patience.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/draft-you...151901397.html

There won't be a draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
      There won't be a draft.
      Not as long as you’ve got bone spurs...

Comment

Wouldn't that be something. A POTUS who dodged the draft, starts a war in which there would be a draft. You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Why are people imagining that we are going to invade Iran? What would be the point of that? Trump has no interest in invading Iran. Do you think congress does or something?

Comment

Trump is desperate to get re-elected. That and a combo of no common sense,narcissism & flat out stupidity.

Comment

Why are people imagining that we are going to invade Iran? What would be the point of that? Trump has no interest in invading Iran. Do you think congress does or something?
              Post like this make me think that some people really do live in some alternate reality.... mental illness, lack of intellect.... or just a deliberate disregard for the last 25 years of American behavior around the globe....

and Congressional approval has a much bearing on a war as taxing the public to pay of them... neither of those two things are an obstacle to the neocons who have been pining for Iran invasion for decades...
              Last edited by B-Large; 01-05-2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Naw, I’m in. **** it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                  Naw, I’m in. **** it.
                  In the Mad Max Canon, those are the evil doers and oppressors. Congrats on the self-own, your republican base.

Comment

Originally posted by El Minion View Post

In the Mad Max Canon, those are the evil doers and oppressors. Congrats on the self-own, your republican base.
                    And in the real world, there is no good and evil. Only winners and losers.

Comment

Will these MAGAts put their money where their collective mouth is?

Or will they just cheer for war - as long as someone else does the fighting - like all conservative chicken hawks?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

Post like this make me think that some people really do live in some alternate reality.... mental illness, lack of intellect.... or just a deliberate disregard for the last 25 years of American behavior around the globe....

and Congressional approval has a much bearing on a war as taxing the public to pay of them... neither of those two things are an obstacle to the neocons who have been pining for Iran invasion for decades...
                        I definitely agree with this. There's mass mental illness going on, lack of intellect - all of that. Trump has created a hysteria among the left as it loses power and influence and the globalist vision goes up in smoke. All that's left to do is for the establishment to lie and hope people buy in. Apparently, people still are. A real number has been done on our population over the last 40 years - and especially the last 25.

Neocons have no power, but here we have people imagining that Trump is doing their bidding and an invasion is imminent. Nothing of the sort is true. There is no danger of a draft. This notion is silly.

Comment

I definitely agree with this. There's mass mental illness going on, lack of intellect - all of that. Trump has created a hysteria among the left as it loses power and influence and the globalist vision goes up in smoke. All that's left to do is for the establishment to lie and hope people buy in. Apparently, people still are. A real number has been done on our population over the last 40 years - and especially the last 25.

Neocons have no power, but here we have people imagining that Trump is doing their bidding and an invasion is imminent. Nothing of the sort is true. There is no danger of a draft. This notion is silly.
                          My point again supported

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

My point again supported
                            You've made no point. You're just engaging in hyperbole. That's fine with me. I understand that people are hysterical right now. It will get worse before it gets better.

Comment

You've made no point. You're just engaging in hyperbole. That's fine with me. I understand that people are hysterical right now. It will get worse before it gets better.
                              Actually he has, your not seeing it is the proof but I learned a year ago you are evangelical in your Bongino thinking so like Gaff there is no open mind with you because any idea other than what you believe cannot possibly exist.

Your response btw is exactly like Gaffos.

Comment

Working...
                              X