CDOT in Total Disarray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDOT in Total Disarray

It's amazing how bad they've gotten. The last CDOT project we did this summer was run, literally, by a 20 year old kid that can't drive. There are no more older competent engineers running these CDOT projects anymore. The incompetence is so bad, that my company has decided to stop bidding anymore CDOT work. The Trump economy has people building so much that we can now thrive on doing stores and subdivisions. Easier, more profitable work for us is finally out there again, after being nearly absent for 12 years. So I'm not losing sleep over the direction my company is going, but I will say that, these kids, that don't know anything, because they have no experience, are opening the door for companies to cheat and cut corners and get away with it. The contractor now runs the jobs. It's pretty amazing, as I'm so use to the CDOT Engineer being the authority on any given project. But now, if you ask a CDOT engineer, even a young one, about the state of CDOT, you'd better pack a lunch. Because you're going to get an earful listening to them talk about how bad this department has gotten.

But this is the government, and the CDOT, that Coloradans voted for and deserve.

http://glendalecherrycreek.com/2019/...GaUHmY43267dpM

It's really amazing. Engineers work for CDOT for 20 years, then leave, take their pensions, then double dip and go work for an engineer firm like RockSol, then if they care, they basically take over the projects, because the CDOT engineers are so young and incompetent. If they don't care, they just sit in their trailer and jack off while the CDOT engineer's head spins.

But I don't know how anyone can even attempt to defend Governor Polis making Shoshana Lew, a history major, with absolutely no engineering or construction management experience, to be the executive director of ****ing CDOT. I mean, a lot of you leftists were outraged by the parent that paid to get her kid into college. Any comment or outrage on this? Or just roll your eyes, say everyone does it (Except Hickenlooper didn't), and hope that a bridge doesn't fall on you?

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
      It's amazing how bad they've gotten. The last CDOT project we did this summer was run, literally, by a 20 year old kid that can't drive. There are no more older competent engineers running these CDOT projects anymore. The incompetence is so bad, that my company has decided to stop bidding anymore CDOT work. The Trump economy has people building so much that we can now thrive on doing stores and subdivisions. Easier, more profitable work for us is finally out there again, after being nearly absent for 12 years. So I'm not losing sleep over the direction my company is going, but I will say that, these kids, that don't know anything, because they have no experience, are opening the door for companies to cheat and cut corners and get away with it. The contractor now runs the jobs. It's pretty amazing, as I'm so use to the CDOT Engineer being the authority on any given project. But now, if you ask a CDOT engineer, even a young one, about the state of CDOT, you'd better pack a lunch. Because you're going to get an earful listening to them talk about how bad this department has gotten.

But this is the government, and the CDOT, that Coloradans voted for and deserve.

http://glendalecherrycreek.com/2019/...GaUHmY43267dpM
      My mechanic was busy so I made the mistake of taking my classic dodge diesel truck to a goodyear for an oil change. I also needed a tire leak repaired. The kid struggled for 20 minutes to even get the tire off. He then suggested I rebuild the entire front end, replace all the shocks. The 50 year old manager at the counter said "Don't listen to him he thinks everything is disposable". lol

Grab the low hanging fruit Spdirty. Sock that cash away fast and furious!!!!!

The last of the greatest generation is fading away. Baby boomers are drinking margaritas now. There aren't very many of us Generation Xers to fill the void. Millenials will be running the show....lol I will be on a boat and an island chilling watching it all unfold.

We shall see how the "give me free **** society does". They may think it's free but the government will have to pay their rent to me. Makes no difference to me if they think it's free or not. Nothing is free. I've done some Sec 8 in the past. You gotta roll with the punches. I'm prepared to convert more to sec 8 as the government takes on more burden of the "free society". It's all good!
      Last edited by Meck77; 10-31-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post

My mechanic was busy so I made the mistake of taking my classic dodge diesel truck to a goodyear for an oil change. I also needed a tire leak repaired. The kid struggled for 20 minutes to even get the tire off. He then suggested I rebuild the entire front end, replace all the shocks. The 50 year old manager at the counter said "Don't listen to him he thinks everything is disposable". lol

The last of the greatest generation is fading away. Baby boomers are drinking margaritas now. There aren't very many of us Generation Xers to fill the void. Millenials will be running the show....lol I will be on a boat and an island chilling watching it all unfold.

We shall see how the "give me free **** society does". They may think it's free but the government will have to pay their rent to me. Makes no difference to me if they think it's free or not. Nothing is free. I've done some Sec 8 in the past. You gotta roll with the punches. I'm prepared to convert more to sec 8 as the government takes on more burden of the "free society". It's all good!
        They can take the rent back out of your property in 'wealth tax'

Don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77 View Post

My mechanic was busy so I mage the mistake of taking my classic dodge diesel truck to a goodyear for an oil change. I also needed a tire leak repaired. The kid struggled for 20 minutes to even get the tire off. He then suggested I rebuild the entire front end, replace all the shocks. The 50 year old manager at the counter said "Don't listen to him he thinks everything is disposable". lol

Well, for my little company, this is kind of a blessing in disguise. Because I've been wanting to get away from CDOT for years. The work is harder, the margins are lower, and the stress is higher. Much higher. I instituted a don't bid any CDOT work policy after that cluster**** we dealt with last summer. And as of now, we've actually surpassed the total bids we've sent out from last year. I'll be investing in lunches and whiskey this winter. If we can totally break away from CDOT, and get back to these little projects with little contractors, where the margins for us are like 400%, and the work is as easy as it gets, I'll get my own boat soon just so I can **** with you on your boat lol.

Here's a cute little story. Remember that 110 million dollar job on 6th avenue and I-25 back in 2015? Where they completely screwed the whole thing up and the design congested the **** out of it? Well, I guess they're going to redesign that whole area again, and the CDOT kid engineer I talked to estimates it's going to be a 200 million dollar job. And I will bet you money that Kraemer, who did the original, and designed that cluster****, is going to get the contract to do it again. I mean, all big projects are between Kraemer and Kiewitt, and Kiewitt has their hands full with the 2 billion dollar I-70 monstrosity, so that kind of narrows it down. You just can't even make this **** up.

Comment

Another little story.

I've known about the privatization of the E-470 deal going on for 6 months. I don't think it's even made the local news much if at all.

I met the guys from Canada trying to buy it a few months ago. It's a 9 Billion dollar deal. If it goes through there is going to be LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of cash to be had on contracts. They not only will get the highway but key pieces of real estate the government Eminent Domained from people along the way. As a private company they will be able to develop their "extra land". The government taketh, the private companies buy it, the government officials who helped take it get paid off by the private entity. . Democrats love eminent domain as they sell it as "good for the community" and then cash in on dirty side deals. It's how it works.

Comment

Well, for my little company, this is kind of a blessing in disguise. Because I've been wanting to get away from CDOT for years. The work is harder, the margins are lower, and the stress is higher. Much higher. I instituted a don't bid any CDOT work policy after that cluster**** we dealt with last summer. And as of now, we've actually surpassed the total bids we've sent out from last year. I'll be investing in lunches and whiskey this winter. If we can totally break away from CDOT, and get back to these little projects with little contractors, where the margins for us are like 400%, and the work is as easy as it gets, I'll get my own boat soon just so I can **** with you on your boat lol.

Here's a cute little story. Remember that 110 million dollar job on 6th avenue and I-25 back in 2015? Where they completely screwed the whole thing up and the design congested the **** out of it? Well, I guess they're going to redesign that whole area again, and the CDOT kid engineer I talked to estimates it's going to be a 200 million dollar job. And I will bet you money that Kraemer, who did the original, and designed that cluster****, is going to get the contract to do it again. I mean, all big projects are between Kraemer and Kiewitt, and Kiewitt has their hands full with the 2 billion dollar I-70 monstrosity, so that kind of narrows it down. You just can't even make this **** up.
              What I can't understand is where's the claw-back on govt funded construction projects?

Comment

The issues have more to do with rapid population expansion creating irrational reactions to infrastructure planning.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                  The issues have more to do with rapid population expansion creating irrational reactions to infrastructure planning.
                  WRONG....the liberals have been pushing Fastracks in Denver since the 80s. Numerous tax increases, failure to even deliver the project. RTD has been cutting bus service for a decade now trying to force people on the light rail. They have also had to raise fares to a level where it's not even affordable to the poor. Not to mention it takes 1.5 hours just to get across town on a bus or even the rail. Factor in ubrer/lyft and fastracks is even under more pressure. This is just part of Denver's transportation issues. Add in all the morons who moved to Denver to smoke dope who don't want to work and want free **** Denver has become seatle and sliding quickly to San Fran liberal **** hole.

Comment

This whole thread is just:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3ad.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	2516208

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                      The rapid population growth presents a challenge no doubt. But the issue is the person hired to tackle this challenge. And why she was hired. Have you looked at her qualifications?

Comment

Originally posted by OleNumber7 View Post
                        This whole thread is just:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3ad.jpg Views:	12 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	2516208
                        Well of course because it doesn’t satisfy your TDS. It calls out a Democrat for blatant, almost Blago level corruption and your response is.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's amazing how bad they've gotten. The last CDOT project we did this summer was run, literally, by a 20 year old kid that can't drive. There are no more older competent engineers running these CDOT projects anymore. The incompetence is so bad, that my company has decided to stop bidding anymore CDOT work.
                          My first suspicion would be that due to purging Americans from jobs like road and bridge construction in favor of cheap foreign labor, there are no longer qualified engineers to oversee projects. Construction used to be a good-paying union trade. Then they were purged in favor of mostly migrants who work for much less. Just another reason to control the border and severely restrict migration.

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post

My first suspicion would be that due to purging Americans from jobs like road and bridge construction in favor of cheap foreign labor, there are no longer qualified engineers to oversee projects. Construction used to be a good-paying union trade. Then they were purged in favor of mostly migrants who work for much less. Just another reason to control the border and severely restrict migration.
                            Proof?

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post

Proof?
                              "My first suspicion..."

Do you comprehend English very well?

Comment

Working...
                              X