• Show
Clear All

• TonyR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ghwk
    replied
    Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
    I certainly wouldn’t kick Tuls out of bed for eating crackers.
    This!

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied
    I certainly wouldn’t kick Tuls out of bed for eating crackers.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    No argument... being marginally reasonable and open to ideas is not what Democrats (or Republicans) look like at this point.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
    ... Given Gabbard's popularity with Republicans (not so much with Democrats) this ploy could backfire...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Great. Now literally anyone who doesn't drink the kool aid is a Russian asset. Even a long-time Democratic former service member who was elected in Hawaii.

I guess McCarthy references before might've been a little hyperbolic. Now they're being 100% earned.

Leave a comment:

• Blueflame
    replied
    Tulsi Gabbard 2020 = Jill Stein 2016. No realistic chance of winning, but could possibly have an effect on the outcome of the election regardless, if running as a third-party candidate intended to split the vote. Given Gabbard's popularity with Republicans (not so much with Democrats) this ploy could backfire on Putin.

Leave a comment:

• mhgaffney
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

No offense, but this is the ultimate in chicken **** foreign policy. Any nation state willing to take on US forces directly anywhere need to be brought to heel.

If Turkey believed we had this resolve, our forces would be secure. It's only the mind-numbing cowardice or I guess ignorance in leadership that made this kind of Turkish bluff possible. Folding with the world's strongest hand will only ensure more of the same in the future.

Chamberlainism at its finest. Never thought I'd see the day from "Republican" (scare quotes intended) leadership.
    Obama sent our troops into Syria on a failed mission. It had zero chance to succeed -- and so was doomed from the start. Trump made the right call to get them out of there.

Comparing Trump to Chamberlain is hilarious. So, if Trump is Chamberlain, who is Hitler?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBrit
    replied
    Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
    I for one am proud to have an editor as fine as Hammond, lunatic or not.
    If he's going to edit your crap, being a lunatic is a necessary qualification.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	1 Size:	398.6 KB ID:	2512582

Leave a comment:

• mhgaffney
    replied
    I for one am proud to have an editor as fine as Hammond, lunatic or not.

Leave a comment:

• mhgaffney
    replied
    Originally posted by W*GS View Post
    "Foreign Policy Journal" is run by one lunatic dude.

Of course.
    We can say his name. The "lunatic" who edits Foreign Policy Journal is Jeremy Hammond, peace activist and author.

For the record, Noam Chomsky was effusive in his praise for Hammond's 2016 book about the failure of Mideast peace initiatives. (see the cover below) But of course W*gs could care less about the real systemic problems that peacemakers face in our world. Real problems such as Israel's vice grip on US Mideast policy. Don't take my word for it. Read Hammond's book

Here is one of the five star reviews posted at Amazon....

This articulate volume shows in well-documented detail how the US has colluded with Israel in blocking peace with the Palestinians. The unanswered question is why? Now we need a volume two that covers the 2014 Gaza war to the present. Hammond is a resourceful journalist who uncovers important facts previously undisclosed by a biased mainstream media.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

I understand your perspective. It's a matter of cost. What are you willing to pay? What is the US willing to pay? You also have to acknowledge that the US started the problem in the first place. We created and armed ISIS to begin with or otherwise we would not have been there.
    “You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour and you will have war.”

Mostly that simple.

Leave a comment:

• ghwk
    replied
    I would pay at least a border wall. Since it’s a matter of cost how much is your life worth Garcia?

Leave a comment:

• Garcia Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

No offense, but this is the ultimate in chicken **** foreign policy. Any nation state willing to take on US forces directly anywhere need to be brought to heel.

If Turkey believed we had this resolve, our forces would be secure. It's only the mind-numbing cowardice or I guess ignorance in leadership that made this kind of Turkish bluff possible. Folding with the world's strongest hand will only ensure more of the same in the future.

Chamberlainism at its finest. Never thought I'd see the day from "Republican" (scare quotes intended) leadership.
    I understand your perspective. It's a matter of cost. What are you willing to pay? What is the US willing to pay? You also have to acknowledge that the US started the problem in the first place. We created and armed ISIS to begin with or otherwise we would not have been there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X