Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

takeaway from Dem debate: Buttigieg = demagogue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • takeaway from Dem debate: Buttigieg = demagogue

    This performance by candidate Buttigieg should disqualify him from higher office. He played the patriot card for his own political gain.

    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...cratic-debate/

  • #2
    Takeaway...

    Comment


    • #3
      as LABF confirms once again, patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels

      Comment


      • #4
        Buttigieg honorably served his country. You, on the other hand, spend your time as a Putin troll. So STFU.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
          as LABF confirms once again, patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels
          No one would ever accuse Gaffo of being a patriot.

          So you’re safe, comrade.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post
            Buttigieg honorably served his country. You, on the other hand, spend your time as a Putin troll. So STFU.
            His service was honorable. But Buttigieg's shpiel at the debate was anything but. He was pandering -- and that is an insult to Americans.

            Tulsi was correct about the Syrian War. It was a US backed war for regime change. Buttigieg is a mainstream Democrat - and evidently embraces the war policy. And US exceptionalism. In other words, our motives are noble even if we make mistakes. But this is a bald faced lie. Our objectives were NEVER honorable in Syria. The US plan from the get go was to destroy Syria -- partition it into several parts -- all hostile to one another.

            The US plan has been defeated. This is the good news.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post

              His service was honorable. But Buttigieg's shpiel at the debate was anything but. He was pandering -- and that is an insult to Americans.

              Tulsi was correct about the Syrian War. It was a US backed war for regime change. Buttigieg is a mainstream Democrat - and evidently embraces the war policy. And US exceptionalism. In other words, our motives are noble even if we make mistakes. But this is a bald faced lie. Our objectives were NEVER honorable in Syria. The US plan from the get go was to destroy Syria -- partition it into several parts -- all hostile to one another.

              The US plan has been defeated. This is the good news.
              I am a vet, of a previous example of Americas good intentions being misused ( 69-72) and misguided , but I find that espousing patriotism by anyone that has actually served this nation outweighs the opinion of most of those that have not ( ahem) . Ms. Gabbard has served ,as has Mr. Buttigieg both honorably. But Ms Gabbards opinion ( as well as yours ) that regime change in Syria was misguided is wrong.

              Regime change in Syria is consistent with the values that this nation has supposedly stood for, for most of the last 240 years, and that is that a government is supposed to serve its citizens , and not that the people are there to serve the masters. The regime of Assad is one that abuses its own citizenry and the civil war there was not started by the US, but by its own people. That we made a token effort to assist one side is not to our detriment , but is an affirmation of what this nation is supposed to represent. That we then installed some troops to assist the Kurds in overcoming the Isil Caliphate and stopping horrendous mass murder and other atrocities is both a badge of honor and until this week was of great strategic and military value. Ms Gabbard and cadet bone spurs have both espoused position after position that would be of benefit to V Putin and Russia, and to the strategic, military and economic detriment of the USA and its Allies. Your position on this is known here which is why most here consider you as "comrade Gaffo". That Ms Gabbard also has presented these same views at times is why some in the media have questioned where her allegiance really lies, and why I consider her as the Dem version of a Trump. Someone that will help the continued destruction of American values and honor.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ScottXray View Post

                I am a vet, of a previous example of Americas good intentions being misused ( 69-72) and misguided , but I find that espousing patriotism by anyone that has actually served this nation outweighs the opinion of most of those that have not ( ahem) . Ms. Gabbard has served ,as has Mr. Buttigieg both honorably. But Ms Gabbards opinion ( as well as yours ) that regime change in Syria was misguided is wrong.

                Regime change in Syria is consistent with the values that this nation has supposedly stood for, for most of the last 240 years, and that is that a government is supposed to serve its citizens , and not that the people are there to serve the masters. The regime of Assad is one that abuses its own citizenry and the civil war there was not started by the US, but by its own people. That we made a token effort to assist one side is not to our detriment , but is an affirmation of what this nation is supposed to represent. That we then installed some troops to assist the Kurds in overcoming the Isil Caliphate and stopping horrendous mass murder and other atrocities is both a badge of honor and until this week was of great strategic and military value. Ms Gabbard and cadet bone spurs have both espoused position after position that would be of benefit to V Putin and Russia, and to the strategic, military and economic detriment of the USA and its Allies. Your position on this is known here which is why most here consider you as "comrade Gaffo". That Ms Gabbard also has presented these same views at times is why some in the media have questioned where her allegiance really lies, and why I consider her as the Dem version of a Trump. Someone that will help the continued destruction of American values and honor.
                Come on now. We'd have to occupy the entire middle east if you really want to take things this far.

                Obama ran an entire campaign and early foreign policy on pretty much exactly this kind of non-interventionism. Now it makes you a Putin stooge? The world is chock full of despotic, monstrous regimes. We can't occupy them all. Or really even very many.

                "Regime change in Syria is consistent with the values that this nation has supposedly stood for, for most of the last 240 years"
                Saddam was a bad dude too. Yet removing him was a mistake. A lesson we all learned. One Obama highlighted again and again. He also preached against a presence in Syria again and again, before he changed his mind. Was he a Putin stooge?

                Trump's off his ****ing meds with what he's doing here, but trying to boat anchor people like Gabbard with it is bull****. If we looked at what virtually all Democrats were saying 5 years ago, you'd have to reach the same conclusion with virtually all of them. She didn't leave the party on this. The party left her.

                We can't rescue the world from their cultural black holes. Best we can mostly do is be a virtuous example. But virtue is in shorter supply than ever. Here, there, everywhere.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ScottXray View Post

                  I am a vet, of a previous example of Americas good intentions being misused ( 69-72) and misguided , but I find that espousing patriotism by anyone that has actually served this nation outweighs the opinion of most of those that have not ( ahem) . Ms. Gabbard has served ,as has Mr. Buttigieg both honorably. But Ms Gabbards opinion ( as well as yours ) that regime change in Syria was misguided is wrong.

                  Regime change in Syria is consistent with the values that this nation has supposedly stood for, for most of the last 240 years, and that is that a government is supposed to serve its citizens , and not that the people are there to serve the masters. The regime of Assad is one that abuses its own citizenry and the civil war there was not started by the US, but by its own people. That we made a token effort to assist one side is not to our detriment , but is an affirmation of what this nation is supposed to represent. That we then installed some troops to assist the Kurds in overcoming the Isil Caliphate and stopping horrendous mass murder and other atrocities is both a badge of honor and until this week was of great strategic and military value. Ms Gabbard and cadet bone spurs have both espoused position after position that would be of benefit to V Putin and Russia, and to the strategic, military and economic detriment of the USA and its Allies. Your position on this is known here which is why most here consider you as "comrade Gaffo". That Ms Gabbard also has presented these same views at times is why some in the media have questioned where her allegiance really lies, and why I consider her as the Dem version of a Trump. Someone that will help the continued destruction of American values and honor.
                  Ms Gabbard was inspired to serve in the US military by the events of September 11, 2001 - when we were supposedly attacked by Al Qaeda. Gabbard enlisted in the fight against Al Qaeda - only to discover that the US government is actually arming, training and financing various Al Qaeda groups in Syria in an attempt to overthrow the Syrian government. And elsewhere. The US has been doing the same thing in central Asia - for the purpose of destabilizing former Russian provinces.

                  It is true that ending US support for terrorist groups benefits Russia -- but it also benefits ALL countries -- including us! The US and Russia thusly share similar interests -- and ending the threat of terrorisms is one of them.

                  US forces are presently in 100+ countries. Why are we there? Largely to destabilize and overthrow - in order to maintain privileged corporate access to natural resources -- without the consent of the native people. This is a failed foreign policy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not sure why , but when I log in ( after sometimes just looking at the site) it seems to not show the last post ( BBs) so I can't quote it. I will wait to post an appropriate reply where I don't have to cut and paste. Suffice it to say that I agree with much of his post, but not all. As for Ms Gabbard her positions re race and regime change wars as well as other things have changed substantially over the last few years and ( like Lyndsey Graham) I don't trust people who do not maintain a position due to which way the wind is blowing, or what party is in power. I do not trust her motives.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                      Not sure why , but when I log in ( after sometimes just looking at the site) it seems to not show the last post ( BBs) so I can't quote it. I will wait to post an appropriate reply where I don't have to cut and paste. Suffice it to say that I agree with much of his post, but not all. As for Ms Gabbard her positions re race and regime change wars as well as other things have changed substantially over the last few years and ( like Lyndsey Graham) I don't trust people who do not maintain a position due to which way the wind is blowing, or what party is in power. I do not trust her motives.
                      You must not trust the entire formerly non-interventionist Democratic party then. The only guys that never actually changed their posture were guys like McCain.

                      If you'd told 99% of Democrats in 2011 we should put boots in Syria, they'd tell you you were out of your GD mind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mp-re-election

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This merely confirms what I've been saying on this board for many years. Speak the truth in our country and -- be assured -- you will come under attack. The US presstitute media imposes and enforces political correctness. Got to keep everyone in line - supporting US empire. Deviate from that and expect to be slimed as a Russian agent, traitor, etc.

                          We saw the media seriously go after Tulsi only AFTER she stood out in the debates. Before that, she was merely a "goofy surfer from Hawaii" (CNN)

                          But Tulsi became a real threat to the status quo AFTER she exposed Kamela Harris and the war policy. That's when she became a "Russian asset."

                          This is the despicable reality of US politics in 2019.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X