X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the Luddites!

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

It’s only a problem if you don’t think forward. If you’re such a piece of **** that all you can do is fast food or bag groceries. It starts a market for newer and better jobs to pop up, an example would be the machines need a mechanic to maintain them. But beyond that Jobs that nobody has ever heard of today. It causes business productivity to improve, and company profits to rise. It’s innovation that will improve everyone’s lives. Yet the ones that are most against this the most call themselves “progressives.” This stance kind of proves that title to be an oxymoron.

Its going to happen like it or not if we want an improved standard of living. So what is your side going to do when you take power? Shut down the economy, prevent businesses from automating and force them to hire people at a rate of pay that you deem fit?

Love automation. Love the fact that I can go to a grocery store now, get my ****, and pay for it without having to talk to anyone. It’s wonderful.

This could possibly be the answer when our low birth rate bites us in the ass in a generation or 2.
      LMAO, progressives are against hi tech. Because the Dems are the ones trying to keep the coal miners in the black pits of death, and not trying to train them for a new hi tech career. Ever heard of silicon valley? I could go on but what's the point. You do't see to get it. You're MISSING the entire point of the discussion and trying to steer it towards party bickering. Some of us had a good discussion going about automation and with a rising population, where will the jobs come from. It's not as simple as, a machine takes the job of a human and a new job is the human will fix machine. That's was like 50 years ago. Machines don't take the job of 1 human in most cases, they take many jobs. Many new jobs are needed, and with growing population, even more jobs will be needed. Low birthrate is not a thing. Look at any population forecasts and you will see it's a huge human problem, for this country, for the entire world. Here, I post one for you. Notice how all the lines go up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	400px-World_population_%28UN%29.svg.png
Views:	47
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	2507501

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
        Remember the Luddites!
        Do Luddite lives matter?

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

LMAO, progressives are against hi tech. Because the Dems are the ones trying to keep the coal miners in the black pits of death, and not trying to train them for a new hi tech career. Ever heard of silicon valley? I could go on but what's the point.
          Yeah, and look at what the Cali GOVERNMENT is doing to rideshare and the booming gig economy out there. The gig economy CAN WORK, if politicians would just get the **** out of the way. It's ridiculous, and more of these types of gigs could be created, if people change their mindset from employees to indy contractors. The work is better, so much more flexible, people that do this and aren't retards are doing well. Much better than employees. Replacing their old incomes and working less and not killing their bodies to do it. But, losers lose, then they bitch, then the government ****s up a good thing.

You do't see to get it. You're MISSING the entire point of the discussion and trying to steer it towards party bickering. Some of us had a good discussion going about automation and with a rising population, where will the jobs come from. It's not as simple as, a machine takes the job of a human and a new job is the human will fix machine. That's was like 50 years ago. Machines don't take the job of 1 human in most cases, they take many jobs. Many new jobs are needed, and with growing population, even more jobs will be needed.
          And jobs that you and I can't see, or even think of, are going to rise. And our standard of living will continue to improve. I know it's hard for someone to wrap their head around it, because you can't see or think of what these new jobs will be, but they'll come.

But just pretend for a second that they don't. And your worst case scenario of massive unemployment caused by automation happens. What would your solution be? Force companies to not automate? Or hire people and let them sit there with nothing to do? What is it?

Low birthrate is not a thing. Look at any population forecasts and you will see it's a huge human problem, for this country, for the entire world. Here, I post one for you. Notice how all the lines go up?

Click image for larger version  Name:	400px-World_population_%28UN%29.svg.png Views:	27 Size:	31.3 KB ID:	2507501
          How cute that you put up a graph of the world birth rate rather than the American birth rate. The world birth rate, the only reason that matters, is that's who you can predict will rule the world in the future. But let me give you a lesson. When a country's birth rate declines, you're not making enough future taxpayers to pay for the bloated and expanding welfare state. So eventually the welfare state is going to collapse. Chaos will happen. Who knows what else will happen when we actually run out of money. I know exactly how to change the declining birth rate, but you won't like it.

U.S. Birthrate Drops 4th Year in a Row, Possibly Echoing the Great Recession

By Liam Stack
          • May 17, 2019
          The United States’ birthrate fell for a fourth consecutive year in 2018, bringing the number of people born in the country to its lowest level in 32 years, according to provisional figures published on Wednesday by the federal government. It said the fertility rate in the United States also fell to a record low.
          There were an estimated 3,788,235 people born in the United States last year, a 2 percent decrease from 2017 and the lowest number of births in any year since 1986, according to the report, published by the National Center for Health Statistics.

Demographers said a number of factors contributed to the downward trend, including fewer teenage pregnancies and the lingering effects of the Great Recession, which made it harder for people now in their 20s and 30s to reach the kind of milestones — like getting married, establishing a career or buying a home — that often precede starting a family.
          “Some of the decline is a very positive signal that we are doing a better job of addressing unwanted teen pregnancies,” according to Jennifer Johnson-Hanks, a sociology professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who was not involved in the study. But she said the data for women outside that age range was “more worrisome.”

continued.....https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/u...-decrease.html

Birth rates down for Hispanic Americans...
          https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/u...s-latinos.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/h...lity-rate.html

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...s-births-women
          Last edited by spdirty; 10-17-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

LMAO, progressives are against hi tech. Because the Dems are the ones trying to keep the coal miners in the black pits of death, and not trying to train them for a new hi tech career.
            I'd say most modern coal mining operations are more high tech than your average low-wage service industry job.

And we still need a lot of energy. Especially if automation is going where you say it is. Why are progressives so sold on preordaining winners and losers when they (and really everyone) have been so historically bad at it.

Comment

Gabbard: When It Comes To Debating Regime Change Wars It's A Joke To Think CNN, NYT Are Neutral or Objective

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...objective.html

Comment

Working...
              X