California government tells kids to sleep in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California government tells kids to sleep in

Good grief. Now they are telling kids to sleep in. How the hell are parents supposed to get to work at a decent time? So do California parents now start work at 10 am?

You ask any CEO, professional athlete, quite frankly ANYONE on the planet who is successful and they get their asses out of bed early, they still get their 8 hours of sleep. It's called going to bed California!

https://abc7.com/education/ca-first-...0pCLzIzRxG2YEo
    Last edited by Meck77; 10-14-2019, 11:20 AM.

The CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, among others, have all concluded that later school start times for teens would be beneficial to both their health and learning. The article linked below has a lot of the details on this.

https://time.com/4741147/school-start-time/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4253121_orig.png
Views:	124
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	2506806

Comment

Aww, isn’t that sweet?

A tRump fluffer who’s worried about the kids.
        Last edited by Archer81; 10-15-2019, 12:14 PM. Reason: Picture deleted. Contained NSFW language.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          The CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, among others, have all concluded that later school start times for teens would be beneficial to both their health and learning. The article linked below has a lot of the details on this.

https://time.com/4741147/school-start-time/
          It’s science.

No wonder troglodytes like the OP are upset about it.

Comment

I think there are more practical implications though. Not much daylight for after school activities if you start much later in the day, especially from fall to spring.

Comment

8:30 is plenty enough early to start school. If schools were started before 8:30 that's a problem imo. I agree with California on this one. on the flip side let's hope they choose a career that allows them to sleep in.

just because a study(s) says it's good for students in general doesn't mean that it's good for a particular student.

Comment

Dude it’s different now. They are just acknowledging the 13-18 year old sleep cycle. No one is saying get a job you can sleep in on. Stupid comment but I’m not surprised.

if you are in high school and taking AP classes you get way more homework than I did as a high schooler and I had AP classes. Pretty common to be up till 11 doing homework these days and that’s after getting up at 6:30 to get ready for school then head out with a 15 lb backpack (that’s common in jr high too). It will take some juggling with sports tho. If you are playing football or any other sport you are in the weight room by 7:00.
                Last edited by ghwk; 10-14-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Drive my kids to school every morning at 6:50. I agree with this as I’d like to sleep in another hour.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                    Aww, isn’t that sweet?

A tRump fluffer who’s worried about the kids.

Why is it that you consistently bring absolutely no value to the subject matter of a thread? Trump has nothing to do with this but you can’t help yourself. Will you ever be able to get Trump out of your noggen for just 1 ****ing thread? Just 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                      Dude it’s different now. They are just acknowledging the 13-18 year old sleep cycle. No one is saying get a job you can sleep in on. Stupid comment but I’m not surprised.

if you are in high school and taking AP classes you get way more homework than I did as a high schooler and I had AP classes. Pretty common to be up till 11 doing homework these days and that’s after getting up at 6:30 to get ready for school then head out with a 15 lb backpack (that’s common in jr high too). It will take some juggling with sports tho. If you are playing football or any other sport you are in the weight room by 7:00.
                      Yeah what’s tough is mine, when they get home they sleep. Some days my oldest goes to school at 7:30, then does DECA after school then goes to work till 10:30. I like it, as it builds a work ethic, but when all they have is school I can’t even get them up for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post

if you are in high school and taking AP classes you get way more homework than I did as a high schooler and I had AP classes. Pretty common to be up till 11 doing homework these days and that’s after getting up at 6:30 to get ready for school then head out with a 15 lb backpack (that’s common in jr high too). It will take some juggling with sports tho. If you are playing football or any other sport you are in the Wright room by 7:00.
                        I have a job where I can sleep in on any given day. Now what? It's possible.
                        You people are hostile these days. My advice is to choose happiness

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

I have a job where I can sleep in on any given day. Now what? It's possible.
                          You people are hostile these days. My advice is to choose happiness
                          Actually you need to understand what I wrote and what it was I response to because you don’t get it. You people are just pretty ignorant these days. Choose intelligence and comprehend better.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

Yeah what’s tough is mine, when they get home they sleep. Some days my oldest goes to school at 7:30, then does DECA after school then goes to work till 10:30. I like it, as it builds a work ethic, but when all they have is school I can’t even get them up for dinner.
                            Dude when do they get time for homework​​​​​​?

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

Why is it that you consistently bring absolutely no value to the subject matter of a thread? Trump has nothing to do with this but you can’t help yourself. Will you ever be able to get Trump out of your noggen for just 1 ****ing thread? Just 1.
                              Triggered?

Thanks for confirming the observation re: the OP’s hypocrisy was on target.

Comment

Working...
                              X