Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Trump just lose the evangelical vote?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

    Beaver undoubtedly “literally applauded” Dumbya’s disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq.

    Likewise, it’s doubtful Beaver uttered a peep of protest when Dumbya negotiated the withdrawal.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Now we're learning that neither do three.

    Yet you're still here trying to sell us on every other. Pretzel of pretzels.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

      Two wrongs don't make a right. Now we're learning that neither do three.

      Yet you're still here trying to sell us on every other. Pretzel of pretzels.
      The colossal blunder was the invasion of Iraq, without which there would be no ISIS - not to mention a whole host of other unspeakable evils unleashed by Daddy’s Little War Criminal.

      Your efforts to blame the “cleanup crew” while ignoring the people who created the mess is what we’ve come to recognize as SOP for your team.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

        Two wrongs don't make a right. Now we're learning that neither do three.

        Yet you're still here trying to sell us on every other. Pretzel of pretzels.
        Exactly what you are doing here insofar as the decision to invade and occupy Iraq isn’t even factored by you.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

          The colossal blunder was the invasion of Iraq, without which there would be no ISIS
          Problem is that kind of blame-chaining isn't actionable. We could blame Bush Jr, or Obama, or Clinton, or Bush Sr, or Reagan, or Carter if we really wanted to stretch.

          We still had a decision to make a decade ago. Similar to the one Trump just made. American footprint and lives vs foreign lives.

          A decade ago, you demanded we retract the footprint costing countless foreign lives.

          Today, you demand we maintain the footprint, and chide anyone using your former rationale as immoral.

          Only difference being the party affiliation of the guys calling the shots. Which is really the only value you have. All the actual lives involved are just political hos for you to pimp.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

            Problem is that kind of blame-chaining isn't actionable. We could blame Bush Jr, or Obama, or Clinton, or Bush Sr, or Reagan, or Carter if we really wanted to stretch.

            We still had a decision to make a decade ago. Similar to the one Trump just made. American footprint and lives vs foreign lives.

            A decade ago, you demanded we retract the footprint costing countless foreign lives.

            Today, you demand we maintain the footprint, and chide anyone using your former rationale as immoral.

            Only difference being the party affiliation of the guys calling the shots. Which is really the only value you have. All the actual people involved are just political hos to pimp.
            Straw man.

            To argue that we shouldn’t “retract the footprint” in the manner in which IQ45 is proceeding isn’t to argue that we should maintain a footprint.

            In any case, it’s no surprise you should argue against “blame chaining” when it was a colossal blunder by your team which set the chain in motion.

            Neither is it surprising that you would leave this “first cause” completely out of your calculus.



            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

              Straw man.

              To argue that we shouldn’t “retract the footprint” in the manner in which IQ45 is proceeding isn’t to argue that we should maintain a footprint.
              So you're cool with a withdrawal that costs the Kurds. It's just the style points. What happened to all the talk about the sanctity of allies?

              In any case, it’s no surprise you should argue against “blame chaining” when it was a colossal blunder by your team which set the chain in motion.

              Neither is it surprising that you would leave this “first cause” completely out of your calculus.
              I'm not the one trying to absolve only certain people of their responsibilities. Trump's making the wrong decision. And doing so badly. I'm just not going to sit here and watch you wax poetic on principles you've happily wiped your ass with whenever your party has had the opportunity.

              And some day, when somebody has to come in and help clean up the mess this decision leaves, "If it wasn't for Trump" won't be an adequate excuse to make yet another wrong decision either.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                So you're cool with a withdrawal that costs the Kurds. It's just the style points. What happened to all the talk about the sanctity of allies?



                I'm not the one trying to absolve only certain people of their responsibilities. Trump's making the wrong decision. And doing so badly. I'm just not going to sit here and watch you wax poetic on principles you've happily wiped your ass with whenever your party has had the opportunity.

                And some day, when somebody has to come in and help clean up the mess this decision leaves, "If it wasn't for Trump" won't be an adequate excuse to make yet another wrong decision either.
                1. Straw man again. Opposing tRump’s action =/= support for an action that “costs the Kurds.”

                2. You’re most certainly trying to absolve Dubya by omission. This in addition to your tireless efforts to absolve tRump by deflecting.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                  1. Straw man again. Opposing tRump’s action =/= support for an action that “costs the Kurds.”
                  Got it. It really is just the (R). I mean we knew that. But glad to boil it down.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Hard to “both sides” this away...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                      Got it. It really is just the (R). I mean we knew that. But glad to boil it down.
                      ^

                      Reading comprehension fail.

                      Might want to take another crack at it.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        1. To take attention away from Trumps request to Ukraine president to dig up dirt on Trump's political opponent (impeachable offense), he:
                        - Removes US troops from Turkish border, thereby subjecting our Kurdish allies to slaughter, allowing ISIS to regroup and Putin to emerge biggest power in region.

                        2. To take attention from this outrage, he
                        - Awards next year’s G-7 summit of world leaders to his own private company, assuring himself a huge personal windfall (another impeachable offense).

                        Where does this end?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X