Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Trump just lose the evangelical vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Still haven't heard any apologies for 2011 either. FWIW.

I can assure you, the Kurds and their friends the Yazidis paid a heavy price for that betrayal as well.

Feel free to apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post

LMAO. A tin foil loon finds a misused video that's removed as soon as the error is discovered and is now strutting around. Get over yourself.

ABC apologized? So kudos to ABC.
      Nah...you said it wasn't true by questioning the source (a fair question for sure), but it ****ing actually happened and you questioned that too after the evidence was shown to you. Congratulations...you are everything you say Trump is.

Chose your enemies wisely for you will become them.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

Nah...you said it wasn't true by questioning the source (a fair question for sure), but it ****ing actually happened and you questioned that too after the evidence was shown to you. Congratulations...you are everything you say Trump is.

Chose your enemies wisely for you will become them.
        You posted a link from one of the worst conspiracy/fake news websites one could find.

I don't go dumpster diving into those wacko sites for anything anymore, especially factual news. You chose that source for a purpose, I ignored it.

The story itself is simple: ABC screwed up and apologized as soon as it was discovered.

From your Fox link: ABC responded to the error on Twitter Monday and issued a correction.

Is that how your fake news site reported it? ABC Attempts to Pass Off Gun Range Footage as Combat Footage From Syria to Blame Trump

Not even close.

Comment

I heard many of the troops we had over there felt really bad about this. They have a sense of honor and wanted to help protect those guys and felt like ass that they were being asked to bail. Trump doesn't understand that (honor) and the sense of serving something other than your own self interest. I'm 100% sure Trump will continue to make stupid awful blunders until he's removed from office.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
            I heard many of the troops we had over there felt really bad about this. They have a sense of honor and wanted to help protect those guys and felt like ass that they were being asked to bail. Trump doesn't understand that (honor) and the sense of serving something other than your own self interest. I'm 100% sure Trump will continue to make stupid awful blunders until he's removed from office.
            They did this in 2011 too.

Madcow just neglected to give your marching orders to care.

Comment

They did this in 2011 too.

Madcow just neglected to give your marching orders to care.
              ^

Beaver white knighting tRump with the false comparisons again.

Dubya negotiated the withdrawal from Iraq with the Iraqi government.

The withdrawal took place over a period of three years, as planned and per agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

^

Beaver white knighting tRump with the false comparisons again.
                Abandoning the kurds is abandoning the kurds, Labron. I've said it was wrong in both cases. Then and now. Your standards are curiously always so much more flexibile.

Dubya negotiated the withdrawal from Iraq with the Iraqi government.

The withdrawal took place over a period of three years, as planned and per agreement.
                What's our agreement with Syria? LoL They keep publicly demanding we get out. Same deal.

The truth was the Iraqi street needed tales of withdrawal timetables. That's what the agreement was about. Everyone behind the negotiations knew it. It was widely reported. Obama was still negotiating a presence until he sniffed the 2012 election coming and decided staying was bad politics.

Petreaus himself called it an 'abandonment.' Obama's chain of command was beside itself. Progs cared not about words and obligations to our friends the Kurds. They paid the price when Isis dealt with them in hellholes like Mosul.

Nobody here cried. Madcow slept soundly.

I will say, the one thing that wasn't as embarrassing is at least the withdrawal was better coordinated. I will give President Obama that much.

Comment

Abandoning the kurds is abandoning the kurds, Labron. I've said it was wrong in both cases. Then and now. Your standards are curiously always so much more flexibile.

What's our agreement with Syria? LoL They keep publicly demanding we get out. Same deal.

The truth was the Iraqi street needed tales of withdrawal timetables. That's what the agreement was about. Everyone behind the negotiations knew it. It was widely reported. Obama was still negotiating a presence until he sniffed the 2012 election coming and decided staying was bad politics.

Petreaus himself called it an 'abandonment.' Obama's chain of command was beside itself. Progs cared not about words and obligations to our friends the Kurds. They paid the price when Isis dealt with them in hellholes like Mosul.

Nobody here cried. Madcow slept soundly.

I will say, the one thing that wasn't as embarrassing is at least the withdrawal was better coordinated. I will give President Obama that much.
                  ^

And he huffed and he puffed and, at the end of the day, he still had nothing more than a false equivalence.

Unless you'd like to make the case that either Dubya or Obama suddenly, without deliberation, planning or warning, yanked our forces out of Iraq in what appeared to be a concession to a hostile foreign government and/or a quid pro quo in which the president stood to benefit financially?

Had there been even the slightest whiff of such an appearance of a conflict of interest (e.g., "Obama Tower?") you and your teammates would have lost your minds.

Comment

The Kurds did what they should have done all along. They reached an agreement with the Syrian government to rejoin Syria. Crisis over. Syrian troops are now returning to NE Syria -- which had been Kurdish controlled for several years. The region is part of Syria. That's the answer.
                    Last edited by mhgaffney; 10-17-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

The Turks will now have to stop their invasion -- or else end up fighting a battled hardened Syrian army -- and the Russians. The last thing Erdogan wants is to piss off Putin who has been the regional peacemaker and broker since 2015. The US is no longer a player.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                        The Turks will now have to stop their invasion -- or else end up fighting a battled hardened Syrian army -- and the Russians. The last thing Erdogan wants is to piss off Putin who has been the regional peacemaker and broker since 2015. The US is no longer a player.

Comment

^

And he huffed and he puffed and, at the end of the day, he still had nothing more than a false equivalence.

Unless you'd like to make the case that either Dubya or Obama suddenly, without deliberation, planning or warning, yanked our forces out of Iraq in what appeared to be a concession to a hostile foreign government and/or a quid pro quo in which the president stood to benefit financially?

Had there been even the slightest whiff of such an appearance of a conflict of interest (e.g., "Obama Tower?") you and your teammates would have lost your minds.
                          Like I said, I'll admit this is worse in its sheer ignorance and arrogance.

I'm just not going to stand by while you kids wax poetic on the virtue of standing immovably by your allies. That's pure fantasy. A stance you heckled McCain over while voting for the cut and run candidate. You kids have been more than happy to knife military allies in the back going all the way back to senselessly pulling aid from Vietnam. The Kurds have been victimized again and again, no less by Democrats than Republicans. You measured or cared little about the death tolls that followed. Curiously until now I guess.

Comment

Like I said, I'll admit this is worse in its sheer ignorance and arrogance.

I'm just not going to stand by while you kids wax poetic on the virtue of standing immovably by your allies. That's pure fantasy. A stance you heckled McCain over while voting for the cut and run candidate. You kids have been more than happy to knife military allies in the back going all the way back to senselessly pulling aid from Vietnam. The Kurds have been victimized again and again, no less by Democrats than Republicans. You measured or cared little about the death tolls that followed. Curiously until now I guess.
                            L0L.

More “both sides” silliness.

Do us “kids” a favor and read up on how Poppy Bush hung the Kurds out to dry in the aftermath of Desert Storm.

Then cite a betrayal by the “other side” which is even remotely comparable.

Comment

L0L.

More “both sides” silliness.

Do us “kids” a favor and read up on how Poppy Bush hung the Kurds out to dry in the aftermath of Desert Storm.

Then cite a betrayal by the “other side” which is even remotely comparable.
                              You literally applauded the withdrawal that built ISIS, Labron. Doesn't get any worse than that.

Words we never heard out of your mouth. "Stick with your allies"

Funny if not so sad.

Comment

You literally applauded the withdrawal that built ISIS, Labron. Doesn't get any worse than that.

Words we never heard out of your mouth. "Stick with your allies"

Funny if not so sad.
                                Beaver undoubtedly “literally applauded” Dumbya’s disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Likewise, it’s doubtful Beaver uttered a peep of protest when Dumbya negotiated the withdrawal.

Comment

Working...
                                X