Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health care USA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Health care USA

    For CABGx5. Look it up.

    $323,553.42 TOTAL
    $196,535.77 Discount
    $122,834.62 What Your Plan Paid


  • #2
    Leaves 4,184.03 that "we" paid. Is that for Bernie? I would submit there have been many more bypass surgeries than that. Please give us a bit more information and your analysis.

    I admit the "discount" is amazing. What industry gives a discount of about 60% and still makes a profit?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Paladin View Post
      Leaves 4,184.03 that "we" paid. Is that for Bernie? I would submit there have been many more bypass surgeries than that. Please give us a bit more information and your analysis.

      I admit the "discount" is amazing. What industry gives a discount of about 60% and still makes a profit?
      I paid the $4,158.47 balance.

      This is for one CABGx5 event, April 2019. Mine.
      Last edited by W*GS; 10-05-2019, 11:05 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Okay, now I get it. Your title implied a larger picture. My bad.

        But it is still amazing to see a discount that large. Now, did that include the surgeon, the anaesthtist, the surgeon assistant and the nurses? I assume that includes the f
        One nurses and meals. Medications extra? You may have other bills coming yet?

        Just trying to get a picture here for possible future reference.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Paladin View Post
          Okay, now I get it. Your title implied a larger picture. My bad.

          But it is still amazing to see a discount that large. Now, did that include the surgeon, the anaesthtist, the surgeon assistant and the nurses? I assume that includes the f
          One nurses and meals. Medications extra? You may have other bills coming yet?

          Just trying to get a picture here for possible future reference.
          That's the whole shebang.

          Comment


          • #6
            My post got screwed up by auto correct. Did not intend to insult you.

            Glad it worked out for you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by W*GS View Post

              I paid the $4,158.47 balance.

              This is for one CABGx5 event, April 2019. Mine.
              Ouch! How are you doing?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post

                Ouch! How are you doing?
                Experienced increasing and spreading pain in my left shoulder while at work on a Tuesday, came home, wife took me to the hospital, EKG came back normal, blood test revealed slightly elevated troponin, angiogram revealed 50%-90% blockages. Admitted, had the surgery on Thursday, one night in ICU, three more nights in the hospital then back home on Monday. Recuperated for all of May, essentially, then slowly increasing time at work through June. I have a 7 1/2" scar down the center of my chest, a 1 1/2" one on the inside of my left knee where the vein was harvested to provide the grafts.

                Physically, recovered, outside of occasional weird sensations due to nerve damage being repaired. Still assimilating the experience mentally and emotionally.

                Basically, your entire body gets the **** kicked out of it, mainly because your heart is stopped for 3 or 4 hours. The human body isn't designed for that.

                I don't recommend the experience.

                Thanks for asking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by W*GS View Post

                  Experienced increasing and spreading pain in my left shoulder while at work on a Tuesday, came home, wife took me to the hospital, EKG came back normal, blood test revealed slightly elevated troponin, angiogram revealed 50%-90% blockages. Admitted, had the surgery on Thursday, one night in ICU, three more nights in the hospital then back home on Monday. Recuperated for all of May, essentially, then slowly increasing time at work through June. I have a 7 1/2" scar down the center of my chest, a 1 1/2" one on the inside of my left knee where the vein was harvested to provide the grafts.

                  Physically, recovered, outside of occasional weird sensations due to nerve damage being repaired. Still assimilating the experience mentally and emotionally.

                  Basically, your entire body gets the **** kicked out of it, mainly because your heart is stopped for 3 or 4 hours. The human body isn't designed for that.

                  I don't recommend the experience.

                  Thanks for asking.
                  That's an ordeal for anyone. I know how it feels to have one's body breakdown and be subjected to trauma. It's no walk in the park.

                  Patience with the rehab process, something most of us have trouble with. That and the changes we have to get used to.

                  Get well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DenverBrit View Post

                    That's an ordeal for anyone. I know how it feels to have one's body breakdown and be subjected to trauma. It's no walk in the park.

                    Patience with the rehab process, something most of us have trouble with. That and the changes we have to get used to.

                    Get well.
                    Working on it.

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Godspeed W*GS!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That’s some scary ****, dude.

                        Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My point was to illustrate, concretely, how absurd health care costs are in this country.

                          $320k full cost. Who could afford that?

                          Oh, but wait, I got a nearly $200k "discount". So the $320k is bull****.

                          But who could afford the ~$125k "real" cost?

                          The whole mess is just ****ing crazy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The pricing is insane, and Medical Billing is cluster. My brother had get something drop on toe a while ago (no damage) but the Hospital charged him $800.00 for crutches.

                            Glad you are doing better, remember follow the DR directions and diet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                              My point was to illustrate, concretely, how absurd health care costs are in this country.

                              $320k full cost. Who could afford that?

                              Oh, but wait, I got a nearly $200k "discount". So the $320k is bull****.

                              But who could afford the ~$125k "real" cost?

                              The whole mess is just ****ing crazy.
                              It's better than being dead. You didn't mind paying for all the crap that put you in that condition. Just saying.

                              You didn't get a discount. Your insurance did.
                              Last edited by OmegaBronco13; 10-06-2019, 06:49 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X