Low IQ people are the biggest threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low IQ people are the biggest threat

I have studied alot about genetics and inteligence. It's a hard topic to broach often times because of the gender and racial conclusions people draw from the data. The part of this that most interests me is studies on IQ and life outcomes. One thing about this particular area is that it can be discussed simply using data groups consisting of high IQ PEOPLE, average IQ people, and low IQ PEOPLE. All races have PEOPLE that fit into these groups. That said....I propose that low IQ people are problematic to society and that policy and programs should be focused on helping and improving that group....not a group of a certain race or gender...but rather, to assist people who just aren't that smart.

Let me put forward some simple data. (note, the stuff I read or reference is not biased think tank studies etc..the University of Minnesota and Harvard have done VAST work in this field and I base my thoughts and conclusions based on their studies)

There are A TON of solid studies out there that show IQ and life outcomes are directly related. One particulary intersting study is a Minnesota U study of twins adopted at birth, by different families. They are able to see that the twins virtually always have the same IQ, and while growing up in different socio-economic conditions, end up having practically the same life outcomes base on IQ.

There are a lot of other studies that aim to show that high IQ people have extremely low incidences of crime, children out of wedlock, smoking, have higher incomes, contribute this or that to society, charity, etc, make efficient use of money and time etc (not shocking) And as IQ goes down, the instances of these things also corespondingly change. very low IQ people almost always engage in crime, smoke, kids out of wedlock etc etc...(again, not a shock)

These outcomes are true accross all races and genders. a low IQ asian, will likely smoke, commit crimes and so on. A high IQ eskimo will likely have a high income, and so on and so on.

If we could get beyond race and gender, and simply admit that we need to focus on low IQ people to find effective ways to help them find success and social acceptance, job skills etc...we could mitigate alot of crime, health issues, impoverished children etc.

We could better focus our resources in the field of education more efficiently....so often money is thrown and thrown at schools etc and no measurable difference is made (because if you take 100 high IQ kids from india who went to school in an un airconditioned block house with no free lunch and no busses, they'd still perform accademically, while 100 low IQ white kids with computers, AC, gyms, busses, good food etc etc will still perform poorly academically) If you began to identify different aptitudes and skill sets earlier on and set kids in motion toward learning things more in tune with their capabilities, we could send the smart kids to higher math and science focused classes and paths....kids who were not good at match etc, but might be good at using tools etc, could be put into classes focused on those skills. Right now we keep throwing millions of dollars at dumb kids who aren't going to be good at math or science...they will NEVER be good at it no matter how much you spend on them...and then we push them out into a world they aren't equipped to succeed in.

We can do better smarter approaches to people and aptitudes, abilities and inteligence.

I do not favor a bail out for Kansas City.

Be best.

Comment

Ok...that’s funny.

Comment

There's an old saying.... You can't fix stupid. I agree that many of the methods that we are using for education are outdated and ineffective. Throwing money at the situation is also ineffective. It's the law of diminishing returns. I also agree about matching up skill sets and education for future growth of students. I believe Germany does this. the problem I have with it is that it eliminates choice. Maybe today my skill-set doesn't match up to being a doctor, but maybe one day it will. Often we get anxious because it takes us longer than others to complete something or we don't feel like we're where we should be in our lives based on some plan that doesn't matter. A struggling student can be a doctor.. it's just going to take longer. And while IQ is a driver of that, you can accomplish more than most people just by trying. One might fail more than they succeed, but through that process they will become an expert.

People have to put in the work. And if you want to be great... Whatever that means to you... You can't give 80%. You can't give 90%. It's got to be a hundred percent. I define 100% as more than you think you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
          There's an old saying.... You can't fix stupid...

Comment

Low IQ people who vote are the biggest threat
            Fixed.

Comment

Problem is that such people believe everything they hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Exfel View Post
                Problem is that such people believe everything they hear.
                True that is.

Comment

I’m a registered libertarian so I don’t have a side in the R vs D dynamic. Supporters of both parties are not lacking for stupid people.

My point here isn’t a political one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                    I’m a registered libertarian so I don’t have a side in the R vs D dynamic. Supporters of both parties are not lacking for stupid people.

There is no middle ground for LABF and his meme diarrhea. He brings Trump into every thread.

Comment

You must obviously see the libertarian implications of some of the things you're proposing though, correct?

Comment

I am registered Libertarian but I would hardly be mistaken as a hardcore adherent of the whole platform. A “good” Libertarian would want no government involvement in education at all. My membership in that party has mostly to do with economic and social policy that are very hands off.

Comment

A "Libertarian" is a republican with the brains knocked out.

Comment

I am registered Libertarian but I would hardly be mistaken as a hardcore adherent of the whole platform. A “good” Libertarian would want no government involvement in education at all. My membership in that party has mostly to do with economic and social policy that are very hands off.
                            I'd also say most Libertarians have strong issues with the presence of political expert classes or official 'choosers' divvying up life paths.

Generally to whatever extent an honest regime might possibly make it work, it's vastly overridden by the eventual promise of corruption, politicization, and various other abuses.

Comment

I get what the OP is trying to present, but I think being stupid (slow or challenged academically) is far different from plain old ignorance.

But if you ask me, stupid isn't really the big problem. I think we as a society can work around the stupid thing. What's ripping us apart is greed and ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                              X