How Low Can Hollywood Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Low Can Hollywood Go

Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage: ‘Demented and evil’

A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters and Tatiana Siegel wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

According to the Hollywood trade publication, characters in the film refer to the victims as “deplorables,” which is what Hillary Clinton famously dubbed Trump supporters during the 2016 election. The report noted that a character asks, "Did anyone see what our ratf--ker-in-chief just did?"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ie-deplorables

Sounds like an interesting movie. Might catch it on the fire stick lol.

If not for the butthurt they added, this movie would be like Hostel.

Comment

The TDS is so bad that they don't have the smarts enough to even see how over the edge they have gone it's ****ing sad that they don't understand the funny part is elite liberals don't have guns lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx33 View Post
        The TDS is so bad that they don't have the smarts enough to even see how over the edge they have gone it's ****ing sad that they don't understand the funny part is elite liberals don't have guns lolz.
        Or maybe the comedy is not lost on them at all considering the film is satire.

Comment

Reverse this with Hillary deplorables hunting elite Liberals and imagine the outrage, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Comment

And this is just a microcosm of present day America.
            Imagine getting butt hurt over a movie because some news article told you to be. You haven’t even seen the film yet lol.

snowflakes

Comment

Originally posted by swaiy View Post
              Imagine getting butt hurt over a movie because some news article told you to be. You haven’t even seen the film yet lol.

snowflakes
              I am not surprised you don't undertand if this were the other way around you and media would come unglued.

Comment

snowflakes
                Have you seen how some drape themselves over every word out of the Reality TV Star's mouth?

Comment

I am not surprised you don't undertand if this were the other way around you and media would come unglued.
                  I do not align so deeply with politics that it determines who I am and how I feel. People that do, leave themselves susceptible to being easily manipulated. Controlled if you will.

“If this were the other way around you and the media...”

Let me stop you right here. Your political views are so much of a part of who you are that you immediately assume people who don’t react and think like you are the opposition.

Are you really so presumptuous to believe I would care if this movie was “the other way around?” Come the **** on.

You wouldn’t give two ****s about this if not posted on Fox News telling you they are making fun of you.

Charmin soft, bro. Better toughen up.

Comment

I do not align so deeply with politics that it determines who I am and how I feel. People that do, leave themselves susceptible to being easily manipulated. Controlled if you will.

“If this were the other way around you and the media...”

Let me stop you right here. Your political views are so much of a part of who you are that you immediately assume people who don’t react and think like you are the opposition.

Are you really so presumptuous to believe I would care if this movie was “the other way around?” Come the **** on.

You wouldn’t give two ****s about this if not posted on Fox News telling you they are making fun of you.

Charmin soft, bro. Better toughen up.

So you attempt to make a point pointing out my assumption only to go on and make an assumption........lolz , look I understand what your saying strangely though but you have to admit there's biases on both sides and appears it's only ok for one side to point them out.

Comment

I read about this earlier.

I think it's in extremely poor taste and only hurts the liberal cause.

Comment

So you attempt to make a point pointing out my assumption only to go on and make an assumption........lolz , look I understand what your saying strangely though but you have to admit there's biases on both sides and appears it's only ok for one side to point them out.

You are correct. It is both sides.
                        Honestly, given the current climate of the the USA, the movie could be seen as poor in taste. Man, I don’t know how you fix stuff like this but, if we can agree on anything it’s that the current status quo isn’t good enough.

Comment

Sounds accurate, Deplorables are always victims.....

Comment

Charmin soft, bro. Better toughen up
                            So do I need to post other news outlets that are covering or this story or do you think it’s just Fox News?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/...unt-movie/amp/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hunt_2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hol...otings-1229829

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadlin...202665437/amp/

Comment

do they have their bodyguards hunt them down?

Comment

Working...
                              X