Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here believes the earth is flat?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who here believes the earth is flat?

    There has to be some real brilliant people here who have surely bought into this conspiracy theory.

  • #2
    https://www.orangemane.com/forum/jib...y-bombing-1995

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know about flat earth, but the History channel's Unidentified has some big names in the Navy/Defense coming forward that they've had UFOs encounters.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post
        I don't know about flat earth, but the History channel's Unidentified has some big names in the Navy/Defense coming forward that they've had UFOs encounters.
        We all knew you would show up to this thread. Unidentified Flying Objects are encountered all the time, that just means it isn't known what they are, not that they're extra terrestrial in origin. Anyone who has flown for a living has seen things up there they can't explain. Again, that doesn't mean it's a god or aliens.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by STBumpkin View Post

          We all knew you would show up to this thread. Unidentified Flying Objects are encountered all the time, that just means it isn't known what they are, not that they're extra terrestrial in origin. Anyone who has flown for a living has seen things up there they can't explain. Again, that doesn't mean it's a god or aliens.
          Take it up with the creators of the show. I just enjoyed watching it. As to believing we're not alone in the universe...and?

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't doubt there is pond scum around the universe just like we have in Washington and around here.

            Comment


            • #7
              I still think the flat earthers are all in on a private joke and laughing their asses off when people take them seriously.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                I still think the flat earthers are all in on a private joke and laughing their asses off when people take them seriously.
                Really no different than people who believe we're all alone in the universe. Both camps view us as the center of everything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post

                  Really no different than people who believe we're all alone in the universe. Both camps view us as the center of everything.
                  You keep conflating the two concepts below:

                  1) Belief that we're alone in the universe; aka disbelief in life not on planet Earth, and
                  2) Understanding that there is no evidence YET of life not on planet Earth. This category does not preclude the possibility of life elsewhere.

                  These are two entirely different concepts that you lump together into one pile. People who understand the state of human knowledge fall into category 2.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post

                    Really no different than people who believe we're all alone in the universe. Both camps view us as the center of everything.
                    If you really truly believe the earth is flat there is no point in trying to have a conversation even at a 3rd grade level with that person.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

                      If you really truly believe the earth is flat there is no point in trying to have a conversation even at a 3rd grade level with that person.
                      If you comprehended my 2 simple sentences into "really truly believe the earth is flat", there is definitely no point in us trying to have a conversation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by STBumpkin View Post

                        You keep conflating the two concepts below:

                        1) Belief that we're alone in the universe; aka disbelief in life not on planet Earth, and
                        2) Understanding that there is no evidence YET of life not on planet Earth. This category does not preclude the possibility of life elsewhere.

                        These are two entirely different concepts that you lump together into one pile. People who understand the state of human knowledge fall into category 2.
                        When you throw out the entire history of the planet. Discard every writing in every civilization. What do you expect?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                          I still think the flat earthers are all in on a private joke and laughing their asses off when people take them seriously.
                          It’s the Fox News “fair and balanced” paradigm in action, i.e., we’re expected to give equal weight or consideration to both sides of ANY debate - even when one side is demonstrably and empirically false.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post

                            Really no different than people who believe we're all alone in the universe. Both camps view us as the center of everything.
                            So why don’t you give us your Fermi Paradox solutions?

                            Show us what you’ve got.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

                              So why don’t you give us your Fermi Paradox solutions?

                              Show us what you’ve got.
                              My understanding...Flat earth directly believes we're the center of everything. People who need proof we're not alone in the universe indirectly believe we must be the center of everything(life) until proven otherwise.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X