City of Denver Legalizes 'Magic Mushrooms'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Denver Legalizes 'Magic Mushrooms'

This happened three or four weeks ago, but I couldn't find a thread.

They're not actually "legal," but close enough .....

Denver Citizens Vote to Legalize "Magic Mushrooms"
    By Lindsay Fendt
    May 9, 2019

Denver residents voted Tuesday to decriminalize psilocybin, the active ingredient in hallucinogenic mushrooms. With 50.5 percent of votes cast in favor of Initiative 301, a narrow victory is once again putting Colorado’s capital at the center of a national debate on drug policy.

The ballot measure doesn’t legalize psilocybin—state and federal laws still say it’s illegal to possess, produce, or sell. Instead, the measure calls for the city to make enforcement of those laws its lowest priority. The vote marks the first time in United States history that the legal status of psilocybin has been challenged.

The local campaign to decriminalize psilocybin has followed the cannabis legalization playbook closely. In 2005, Denver residents voted to become the first major U.S. city to legalize possession of small amounts of marijuana. Two years later, they voted to decriminalize cannabis entirely. Initiative 301 is worded almost exactly like the 2007 marijuana law.

LINK

PLEASE ... I would like to hear what guys experience with these, and maybe how they differ from lysergic diethyalmide. Or more specifically, what a friend told you they were like and how they differed, because we're gonna try them. Who knows, afterwards I might become a Trump supporter.

Comment

I don’t think it should be legal but I certainly don’t think it should treated as a criminal offense. In a controlled environment this could be a very helpful tool to use for people with PTSD, depression, etc... With a bunch of amateur drugging looking to get high well what could go wrong with that.

Comment

Just curious: How many people in CO have ever used (or even heard of) psilocybin?

Can't imagine it would be a huge number.

Comment

Working...
        X