Washington (State) to Offer First US Public Option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post

You're not making much sense...at least I can tell. Are you painting Medicare as some evil entity here? Because you don't have to take Medicare.
    Love it.

Does the IRS know I can opt out of Medicare? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Love it.

Does the IRS know I can opt out of Medicare? Asking for a friend.
      If your friend is a provider and/or covered entity... sure they can opt out of accepting Medicare. But most providers and/or covered entities like Medicare.

Last edited by OmegaBronco13; 05-17-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

If your friend is a provider and/or covered entity... sure they can opt out of accepting Medicare. But most providers and/or covered entities like Medicare.
        Oh, you mean providers. Not me.

Sorry.

Anyway, sure, some specialties and providers can turn Medicare away. Many do. The idea that community hospitals could is quaint though, given Medicare's market share of revenue. And the fact that it would mean having to have duplicate facilities everywhere for Medicare patients.

Comment

Anyway, sure, some specialties and providers can turn Medicare away. Many do. The idea that community hospitals could is quaint though, given Medicare's market share of revenue. And the fact that it would mean having to have duplicate facilities everywhere for Medicare patients.
          Not being able to bill Medicare is an actual punishment.

Last edited by OmegaBronco13; 05-17-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Not being able to bill Medicare is an actual punishment.
            What do you imagine would happen if ERs around the country simply stopped accepting Medicare patients?

Comment

What do you imagine would happen if ERs around the country simply stopped accepting Medicare patients?
              To silly of a scenario to contemplate. Medicare built those ERs.

It's the weekend Beav. Over and out

Comment

dup

Comment

There is one thing though that correlates eerily well with the increase in disability claims...

Okay, interesting chart ... I agree the ebb and flow patterns seem to be synced up.

But like Omega pointed out the difference between smoking's POPULARITY and its effect on the NUMBER of applications, I know that federal scrutiny of disability apps has gone through the roof since 1985. They basically treat apps like the enemy now; denials of 1st applications are automatic; and the playing field has become like a battlefield. Unless you're blind or worse, you basically need legal representation if you expect an approval during your lifetime.

I'd like to see a graph charting what % of apps are approved, year by year since 1985, and earlier.

Comment

That's because billing has nothing to do with costs. Billing is based on complexity.
                    Can you explain that a bit more?

I know that 20-30+ years ago, Medicare fraud was absolutely rampant - pain clinics and other questionable providers bill and bill and bill, often kicking back to "patients" who lend their names, but are never treated; all in an environment with very little oversight. Has it changed much?

And if you can, clarify for me: MediCARE is federal, medicAID is state-administered. Is one better or worse, costs more or less, etc...?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                      Can you explain that a bit more?
                      Sure. People would run up their expenses to get more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by OleNumber7 View Post

So close them. Hospitals don't need to be private businesses. Healthcare isn't something to be profited off of. These are peoples lives. The same people who care about abortion, should care about life in general.
                        Yeah, it's really not that simple. There's already an extreme shortage of hospitals in rural parts of this country. There are 13 counties in Colorado that have NO hospital and NO health clinic. The people who live in those areas don't get the care they want or need. It's leading to the death of rural areas.

And then they vote for Trump and his cronies who cut the medicaid reimbursement rate. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Okay, interesting chart ... I agree the ebb and flow patterns seem to be synced up.

But like Omega pointed out the difference between smoking's POPULARITY and its effect on the NUMBER of applications, I know that federal scrutiny of disability apps has gone through the roof since 1985. They basically treat apps like the enemy now; denials of 1st applications are automatic; and the playing field has become like a battlefield. Unless you're blind or worse, you basically need legal representation if you expect an approval during your lifetime.

I'd like to see a graph charting what % of apps are approved, year by year since 1985, and earlier.

Not really. It's pretty widely understood that the disability reforms of the early 80's made it much easier to claim disability, and helped bring about the increase ever since.

And there's no plausible way the increase relates to smoking, which has been collapsing for more than 50 years. Unless of course some change in policy (see above) made it easier to take disability on related health problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

Yeah, it's really not that simple. There's already an extreme shortage of hospitals in rural parts of this country. There are 13 counties in Colorado that have NO hospital and NO health clinic. The people who live in those areas don't get the care they want or need. It's leading to the death of rural areas.

And then they vote for Trump and his cronies who cut the medicaid reimbursement rate. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
                            Why build them if you can't staff them?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

Yeah, it's really not that simple. There's already an extreme shortage of hospitals in rural parts of this country. There are 13 counties in Colorado that have NO hospital and NO health clinic. The people who live in those areas don't get the care they want or need. It's leading to the death of rural areas
                              Those same rural areas also don’t have grocery, hardware or clothing stores but usually a convenience store that carries basic items to get you by. Most of the citizens choose this for the solitude and rugged lifestyle and accept that access to healthcare care is limited and a possible hardship.

But I see your point had they not voted for Tump the Democrats would have built them a fully staffed 24 hour healthcare clinic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post

Those same rural areas also don’t have grocery, hardware or clothing stores but usually a convenience store that carries basic items to get you by. Most of the citizens choose this for the solitude and rugged lifestyle and accept that access to healthcare care is limited and a possible hardship.

But I see your point had they not voted for Tump the Democrats would have built them a fully staffed 24 hour healthcare clinic.
                                Good try, but that wasn't my point. At all.

The continued cutting of the medicaid/medicare reimbursement rates -- by Republicans -- is why hospitals in these areas have closed.

You shouldn't try to be clever. You're not, and it's sort of sad to see you try.

Comment

Working...
                                X