Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "OK" hand signal behind black reporter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs fan is banned for life after flashing "OK" hand signal behind black reporter

When did the "OK" hand signal turn into a "white power" gang sign? This is getting ridiculous.

The Cubs have identified and banned a fan who flashed a "white power" hand gesture during the broadcast of Tuesday night's game against the Marlins. Team president Theo Epstein made the announcement on Wednesday.

At a news conference, Epstein said the team was able determine the fan's name and said he can never set foot inside Wrigley Field again.

"We've made clear how egregious and unacceptable," Epstein said. "That behavior has no place for it in our society, in baseball, certainly no place for it at Wrigley Field. The person responsible for that gesture will never be welcomed back at Wrigley Field. I think its important to have a strong response to send a message that this is a place of inclusion."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cubs-fan-gesture-team-bans-fan-white-power-symbol/

Bitmojis are raycess.
    Attached Files

Comment

Enough is enough with this constantly offended culture.. jesus ****ing christ

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
        Enough is enough with this constantly offended culture.. jesus ****ing christ
        Umm, whuut?? How about if he held a noose behind the guy, same message. All good with that? How about if I’m behind you with both middle fingers extended right behind your head? That cool? Just want to know what your personal offense limits are. Can I do it behind your kids head? Don’t be sensitive brah, wouldn’t want to be accused of being constantly offended.

And why DON’T you hold the fan accountable in any way?
        Last edited by ghwk; 05-09-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

First it's an upside down "ok" sign, but don't let that fact ruin OP retard narrative. Second, just convenient Addison Russell has been reactivated by the Cubs, just saying.

Comment

After watching the video, I think all we can conclude is that it certainly looks suspicious. We can't see what his right hand is doing but it certainly looks like he's trying to do something with it. If he's making the 'W' with his 3 fingers, then he's definitely displaying the 'White Power' hand sign because his left hand is making the 'P' via the upside down 'OK'. Then add in, nobody flashes an 'OK' sign upside down, that's stupid to even suggest it. If I had to guess, I would guess he's making the white power sign, but without the video showing the hand, we just can't say for sure. Why not just ask the guy. Get a statement from him and make it public. If he's for white power, I doubt he would want to go on record and say he wasn't doing that, making himself look weak to his pathetic 'mates'. If he says it's all good, I wasn't making any signs at all, then let it be.

Comment

****ing assholes.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post

Umm, whuut?? How about if he held a noose behind the guy, same message. All good with that? How about if I’m behind you with both middle fingers extended right behind your head? That cool? Just want to know what your personal offense limits are. Can I do it behind your kids head? Don’t be sensitive brah, wouldn’t want to be accused of being constantly offended.

If you think that sign is racist, **** you. Did that to my players, ****, one of my signs to a pitcher to pick off was that ****ing sign. I did it to the pitchers that were all ****ing scared, reminding them to smile and that they’re just playing a game and don’t freak out so much.

Spent the last 2 years playing that game with my Hispanic assistant coach, all of us coaches acted like kids flashing that sign to each other trying to get the other to look. Even during little league board meetings. Had fun.

And you ****ing cumstains turned it into some offensive white power bull****. You ****ing pissants, I can’t wait till hockey mask time.

Comment

The white power ****s can go **** themselves too. Ruined it for everyone. Now I’m ****ing nervous that the wrong person saw me flashing that sign to the kids and may think I’m mr white power, then my youth baseball coaching career is done. Didn’t even ****ing know. All of you ****s that think or want this to be a white power thing can go die somewhere. A very ****ing painful death too. This is bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post

Dude... I think it's fairly safe to say that if it were a double flip-off or a noose, that's completely different territory. Those are universally understood. This supposed racist gesture is completely unknown to most people, and the hand sign as generally known means something completely different and harmless. It would fall into that universal understanding category.

Comment

A white power ********** gets banned, boohoo!

Comment

That guy is the king. He got millions of people to look and nobody was able to put their finger in it to break it.

Bahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_Bronco View Post

Dude... I think it's fairly safe to say that if it were a double flip-off or a noose, that's completely different territory. Those are universally understood. This supposed racist gesture is completely unknown to most people, and the hand sign as generally known means something completely different and harmless. It would fall into that universal understanding category.
                          Your rationale for it being “ok” no pun intended is that fewer people know about it?? Really? Where’s the tipping point for that argument? 1 person more? 10 people more? I guarantee none of his intended audience missed it or misinterpreted it.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                            A white power ********** gets banned, boohoo!
                            First off, how do you know this guy meant to throw "white power" gang signs? Second, how about we start banning black people for "black power" fist pump?

Overly sensitive internet trolls are ruining our society and the double standard is obvious to anyone with a brain. All it takes is one guy to say, "hey, it looks like he's flashing a racist symbol"...then the hoards pile on and all the sudden.."that guy is racist"..."look what he's doing behind a black reporter".... Then the media latches on an it gets overblown. It's bull****.

This gives me flashbacks of the Covington Catholic kids. Same ****, different day with you overly sensitive liberals looking for something to be upset about. I hope this guy wins a pile of money in a defamation lawsuit against the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.10-307 View Post

First off, how do you know this guy meant to throw "white power" gang signs? Second, how about we start banning black people for "black power" fist pump?

Black power was never used to oppress anyone. Your comparison is trash.

Comment

Working...
                              X