Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump tax returns published in NY Times

Didn't see a thread on this .......?

The NY Times published ten of Donald Trump's federal income tax returns on Wednesday, covering the years 1985-1994. During that decade, Trump declared massive losses totaling approximately $1.17 billion. In two of the years, his declared losses were more than any other American; and in eight of the ten years he paid NO income tax whatsoever.

Elsewhere, the New York State legislature passed a bill to permit the state to forward to the U.S. Congress copies of all of Trump' state income tax returns.

Bad week for Trump-co. I guess none of this is really a surprise, but it does burst forever the bubble of lies he floated about being a good businessman.

over a Billion dollars lost.

Comment

And then the Russian mob saved him. But I'm sure they have no influence and I'm sure he never committed any crimes on their behalf...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
        Didn't see a thread on this .......?

The NY Times published ten of Donald Trump's federal income tax returns on Wednesday, covering the years 1985-1994. During that decade, Trump declared massive losses totaling approximately $1.17 billion. In two of the years, his declared losses were more than any other American; and in eight of the ten years he paid NO income tax whatsoever.

Elsewhere, the New York State legislature passed a bill to permit the state to forward to the U.S. Congress copies of all of Trump' state income tax returns.

Bad week for Trump-co. I guess none of this is really a surprise, but it does burst forever the bubble of lies he floated about being a good businessman.
        My thread was essentially about these tax returns. Shameful isn't it. What pathetic business man. The sane folks already knew this, I guess we can more easily spot a con then the others. Wasn't that hard though, honestly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=2460891&d=1557354796.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	2460979

Comment

Everyone knows a stable genius always reports hundreds of millions in losses. Every successful businessman wants these kind of numbers. This isn't a sign that the man is a complete and utter buffoon.

Comment

Rehashing shyt from 2017 to keep being woke? Man you guys are funny we gotta give this a cool name like delayed woke or time released woke, the media stirs your head contents at will anytime they wish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...x-returns/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
              And then the Russian mob saved him. But I'm sure they have no influence and I'm sure he never committed any crimes on their behalf...
              Prime example ^^^

Comment

We”d have to see returns over an entire period of time... Showing a Billion in losses over a decade by itself certainly doesn’t sound good by itself. But this might not be the full story. Many businesses will take losses over time to rack up deferred tax assets to offset the real gains that go unrealized for a greater period of time. When favorable administrations come into office and lower the top tax brackets they will recognize all their gains and offset with deferred tax assets to minimize their tax exposure.

Trump may just have really good tax accountants advising him.

Comment

There are so many outraged dip****s that don’t have the first clue how to run a business. And this thread as well as zonas thread shows that.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                    We”d have to see returns over an entire period of time... Showing a Billion in losses over a decade by itself certainly doesn’t sound good by itself. But this might not be the full story. Many businesses will take losses over time to rack up deferred tax assets to offset the real gains that go unrealized for a greater period of time. When favorable administrations come into office and lower the top tax brackets they will recognize all their gains and offset with deferred tax assets to minimize their tax exposure.

Trump may just have really good tax accountants advising him.
                    I suppose your theory here is possible. That said, this is an 11 year period we’re seeing here. That’s a long time, and these are staggering losses. You lose your creditworthiness with losses like this. Which has been reported to be what happened. None of the big banks wanted to do business with him anymore. And when that happens, you have to find other sources of credit...

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

My thread was essentially about these tax returns. Shameful isn't it. What pathetic business man. The sane folks already knew this, I guess we can more easily spot a con then the others. Wasn't that hard though, honestly.
                      Sorry ZONA!!

I saw your thread title, but it didn't ring a bell....... we should merge this one into yours.

Comment

Fun fact: The NYT ran an almost identical piece... 25 years ago. In 1995 they published a story about his prior losses and how he turned it around in a glowing puff-piece they called: "The Comeback King of New York"

Feel free to see for yourself: https://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/25/n...ack-king.html?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

I suppose your theory here is possible. That said, this is an 11 year period we’re seeing here. That’s a long time, and these are staggering losses. You lose your creditworthiness with losses like this. Which has been reported to be what happened. None of the big banks wanted to do business with him anymore. And when that happens, you have to find other sources of credit...
                          "Though there are still four years to go in the 90's, business and government leaders in New York honored Donald J. Trump yesterday for pulling off what they called "the comeback of the decade."

Mr. Trump, the developer who came to epitomize opulent wealth during the 80's before tumbling into deep financial trouble, has managed to erase much of his debt and is moving ahead with major projects at a time other developers are idling.

Judging from the attention showered on him yesterday at the Union League Club, some of New York's civic and business leaders are quite captivated by Mr. Trump, despite the financial uncertainties that still surround some of his properties."

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Revan View Post
                            Fun fact: The NYT ran an almost identical piece... 25 years ago. In 1995 they published a story about his prior losses and how he turned it around in a glowing puff-piece they called: "The Comeback King of New York"

Feel free to see for yourself: https://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/25/n...ack-king.html?

Are you suggesting that bit of mis-reporting somehow diminishes this story?

Comment

Highly inappropriate of both the NY legislature and the NY Times to report personal information like that of any American. As typical though...you don't understand what you are looking at and I don't have the time to explain it to you. Start here...are those his personal returns on the returns for his business of the time...then look at reported losses, shifting losses, and spending. Then you'll be able to start to assess what you want to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X