Congress should initiate impeachment proceedings against Trump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

Or perhaps the reality that tRump would need more than his troglodyte white power base to win again is lost on Beaver?
    ok

Not if a new paper by a pair of sociologists at the University of Pennsylvania is anything to go by. Daniel J. Hopkins and Samantha Washington set out to measure the effect of Trump’s election on anti-black and anti-Hispanic prejudice, using a randomly-selected panel of 2,500 Americans whose changing opinions have been under study since 2008. The academics report that they had been expecting to measure a rise in racist opinions, writing: ‘The normalization of prejudice or opinion leadership both lead us to expect that expressed prejudice may have increased in this period, especially among Republicans or Trump supporters’. They had been led to expect this, they say, through an extensive reading of recent literature in social sciences which, they say, supports the notion that racist attitudes lie dormant inside many people, waiting to be triggered by certain events – of which the election of Donald Trump might be one. There could, after all, hardly be anything more calculated to awaken an incipient racist than the president calling Mexicans a bunch of rapists.

Yet the study found exactly the opposite. Americans, claim Hopkins and Washington, have actually become less inclined to express racist opinions since Donald Trump was elected. Anti-black prejudice, they found, declined by a statistically-insignificant degree between 2012 and 2016, when Trump was elected. But then after 2016 it took a sharp dive that was statistically significant. Moreover, contrary to their expectations, the fall was as evident among Republican voters as it was among Democrats. There was also a general fall in anti-Hispanic prejudice, too, although this was more evident among Democrat voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx33 View Post
      Samantha/the ****ing idiot has got the road map !!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alyssa_Mi...t-it-doesnt%2F

Reading Alyssa Milano's Twitter feed is like watching cave men discover fire for the first time. Lots of confusion, pain, howling, and grunting.
      The confusion, pain, howling and grunting describe you pulling one out while looking at pictures of Alyssa Milano.

Comment

• This is what I see.
        ​​​​​
        If taken to impeachment too early, the Senate would vote Trump to safety. But make a lot of established testimony from all characters before hand..., and there becomes more avenues for perjury. And the more Trump tries to take power from the legislature, the less and less likely it becomes that Senators would vote for Trump (because it would be a vote to give up their own power. A power that would last longer than a Presidential term anyway.)

What Pelosi is doing is very very intelligent.
        She is forcing so much to come out before the impeachment starts that by the time it does, Senators will have to decide it as a vote about their own power. Trump will have loyalty right up to the point when it is no longer feasible, then just like all political moves where someone is better off not being involved, he will be left to fight on his own.

The Senate has 6 year terms.
        The majority of Republicans in power in the Senate will still be there in 2021. They also have to worry about setting a precedent that would potentially give a new Democratic President power like a King.

And courts are already making statements that are becoming part of the legal evidence. It is harder to refute things as BS when there is already evidence in a court of law that can be referenced. And when you got the first guy saying one thing in court, that becomes the narrative. Once there are so many pieces of testimony and evidence, it becomes easier and easier to catch a liar.

Comment

• Trump won't be impeached, and any attempt to try will backfire. Declassification is going to spill the coup plot all over the floor, and then the party will really start.

Trump will get a second term easily.

Comment

• Let’s be honest “selective” declassification will be what’s at work, just like a 4 page summary mischaracterizing the Mueller report. The AG is not supposed to be a tool of the president. This one is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post
              The AG is not supposed to be a tool of the president. This one is.
              You said that at least 8 years too late. At least.

Comment

• "Leave Trump ALONE! Because Obama! Because Hillary!" - The Beav

Every. Single. Time.
                Every. Single. Post.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                  "Leave Trump ALONE! Because Obama! Because Hillary!" - The Beav

Every. Single. Time.
                  Every. Single. Post.
                  Yep.

Beaver: "Obama and Hillary VERY baaaad! So that's where I'll set the bar for The Generalissimo."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

You said that at least 8 years too late. At least.
                    YAAY, justification to continue with lousy government.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

Yep.

Beaver: "Obama and Hillary VERY baaaad! So that's where I'll set the bar for The Generalissimo."
                      I don't speak for that guy. Never have.

Doesn't mean I want to live in a police state where this kind of thing is condemned only when the corruption leveragers become the leveragees.

And yet you still have the nuts to talk things like "scandal free administration"

What a joke.

Comment

What a joke.
                        My response to every one of your "both sides" posts. That's a lot of jokes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                          Trump won't be impeached, and any attempt to try will backfire. Declassification is going to spill the coup plot all over the floor, and then the party will really start.

Trump will get a second term easily.
                          Put down the glass/pipe/mushroom/psychedelic of choice.

Comment

Doesn't mean I want to live in a police state where this kind of thing is condemned only when the corruption leveragers become the leveragees.

And yet you still have the nuts to talk things like "scandal free administration"

What a joke.
                            ^

And he retreats to the comfort and blissful ignorance of his make-believe "both sides" narrative...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paladin View Post

Put down the glass/pipe/mushroom/psychedelic of choice.
                              I'm pretty sure Taco huffs paint.

Comment

What a joke.
                                Irony, thy name is Beaver...

Betsy DeVos is the eighth Trump official to use personal email for official White House business

Comment

Working...
                                X