Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republican Bill Weld announces primary campaign against Donald Trump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Republican Bill Weld announces primary campaign against Donald Trump

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill-Weld.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2450196

    On Monday, Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (R) announced that he is running for president in 2020.

    “Ours is a nation built on courage, resilience, and independence. In these times of great political strife, when both major parties are entrenched in their ‘win at all cost’ battles, the voices of the American people are being ignored and our nation is suffering,” Weld said in a statement on Monday.

    This story is still developing.

  • #2
    Good luck swaying cultists away from their cult.

    Comment


    • #3
      Waiting on immature Trump to label this guy with some nickname. I suspect it won't be long and we'll see it on twitter.

      Comment


      • #4
        I will probably be down with this. I voted Gary Johnson last time out but felt that Weld was the better candidate and much better speaker than Johnson. If he runs on a platform i can get on board with im all in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          Waiting on immature Trump to label this guy with some nickname. I suspect it won't be long and we'll see it on twitter.
          Boring Billie Weld, that’s my guess

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Northman View Post
            I will probably be down with this. I voted Gary Johnson last time out but felt that Weld was the better candidate and much better speaker than Johnson. If he runs on a platform i can get on board with im all in.
            Competition is good

            Comment


            • #7
              I love Weld... he’s got no chance but I still love him none the less. Weld was far better candidate than Gary Johnson.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                I love Weld... he’s got no chance but I still love him none the less. Weld was far better candidate than Gary Johnson.
                I'll definitely give him a vote if he's the only alternative.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                  I'll definitely give him a vote if he's the only alternative.
                  Better to vote for the most sane democratic alternative rather than Weld who has no shot against Trump

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kappys View Post

                    Better to vote for the most sane democratic alternative rather than Weld who has no shot against Trump
                    It's not usually that simple. Have to see what things look like at the time I guess.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good luck with that Bill.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by B-Large View Post

                        Boring Billie Weld, that’s my guess
                        That's a good guess. Trump won't go too harsh with the nickname since he's an 'R' but something just enough that to knock him down some and his base will think is clever. His base, they go crazy for the high school nicknames don't they.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ZONA View Post

                          That's a good guess. Trump won't go too harsh with the nickname since he's an 'R' but something just enough that to knock him down some and his base will think is clever. His base, they go crazy for the high school nicknames don't they.
                          It's all been downhill for them since then so it makes some sense

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Every first term president who has faced a legitimate primary challenge from within his own party in the last 80 years has survived the challenge, but then lost in the general.

                            Johnson knew this. It's why he dropped out shortly after RFK announced.

                            The question remains to be answered: Is Bill Weld "Legitimate", or just a ~ 1 % Libertine stooge ala Lyndon Larouche?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncsRule View Post
                              Every first term president who has faced a legitimate primary challenge from within his own party in the last 80 years has survived the challenge, but then lost in the general.

                              Johnson knew this. It's why he dropped out shortly after RFK announced.

                              The question remains to be answered: Is Bill Weld "Legitimate", or just a ~ 1 % Libertine stooge ala Lyndon Larouche?
                              Bill Weld is no RFK, Ronald Reagan, or Pat Buchanan. It’s Bill Weld.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X