Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Get Rump’s Tax Returns, N.Y. Democrats Try a New Strategy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To Get Rump’s Tax Returns, N.Y. Democrats Try a New Strategy

    Albany lawmakers are seeking state tax returns, not the federal ones at the heart of the current standoff in Washington. But a tax return from New York — the president’s home state, and the headquarters of his business empire — could likely contain much of the same financial information as a federal return.

    Under a bill that is scheduled to be introduced this week, the commissioner of the New York Department of Taxation and Finance would be permitted to release any state tax return requested by leaders of three congressional committees for any “specific and legitimate legislative purpose."

    ………..

    Mr. Trump's personal lawyer (blah blah blah)…

    But with New York having a Democratic-controlled Legislature, and a Democratic governor, Andrew M. Cuomo, some officials see a route to bypassing such arguments. And Mr. Hoylman said he anticipates broad support for the congressional-request bill among lawmakers in New York, one of the nation’s bluest states.




    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/n...-ny-state.html

  • #2
    What would be the legitimate legislative purpose other than a political hit fishing expedition?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
      What would be the legitimate legislative purpose other than a political hit fishing expedition?
      Who F'n cares. You're fine with Trump lying to everybody saying he would release his taxes like every other candidate for the last 60 years and then asks you to bend over so he can shove his mushroom up your ass even further. Releasing taxes is just something the public has come to EXPECT to show transparency. Every POTUS since Nixon has done so, oh that is except for your golden boy. So who really gives a flying F about your stupid fishing expedition. It's something he should have done on his own but he didn't.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's stuff like this that is killing the dems chances in 2020 and the dem leadership doesn't seem to care or is stupid it's completely passed the point of being ridiculous and th3y just keep throwing shyt on the wall.

        Its actually been amazing to watch some just go with the flow of this insanity I say just keep it up!

        Comment


        • #5
          When did we become the party of Investigations?

          Focus on the issues and give up the Trump stuff.

          Its illegal to publish someone else’s tax returns.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bronx33 View Post
            It's stuff like this that is killing the dems chances in 2020 and the dem leadership doesn't seem to care or is stupid it's completely passed the point of being ridiculous and th3y just keep throwing shyt on the wall.

            Its actually been amazing to watch some just go with the flow of this insanity I say just keep it up!
            All our these party/media leaders have focused so much on Trump that they have lost sight of literally everything else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bronx33 View Post
              It's stuff like this that is killing the dems chances in 2020 and the dem leadership doesn't seem to care or is stupid it's completely passed the point of being ridiculous and th3y just keep throwing shyt on the wall.

              Its actually been amazing to watch some just go with the flow of this insanity I say just keep it up!
              When the Dems get ahold of those returns (and they will), we're going to find out that Rumpy has been a very bad monkey. That's going to be a huge boost to Dems in 2020.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fear the Hawk View Post

                When the Dems get ahold of those returns (and they will), we're going to find out that Rumpy has been a very bad monkey. That's going to be a huge boost to Dems in 2020.
                It'll make no difference unless it leads to him being kicked out of office. His cultists will support him no matter what. Everyone else has already jumped ship.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why don’t we sick Avenatti on it. Apparently he knows a thing or two about corruption, money laundering and tax evasion. 😂

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bronx33 View Post
                    It's stuff like this that is killing the dems chances in 2020 and the dem leadership doesn't seem to care or is stupid it's completely passed the point of being ridiculous and th3y just keep throwing shyt on the wall.

                    Its actually been amazing to watch some just go with the flow of this insanity I say just keep it up!
                    No kidding. Reminds me of the Republican's twenty year witch hunt on the Clintons that wasted, who knows how many millions. Of course, now it looks like they're going to go in for another bite of that apple. HA!

                    Well, except in this one, their were actually convictions and sentences.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If the valuations of properties are manipulated before for either tax purposes or for loan purposes, taxes prepared last year might be perpetuating those same erroneous valuations. Thus, the Orange ****stain is continuing to commit crimes. Probably would owe taxes. Money laundered could be spotted, violating tax laws of both Feds and State. Also committing fraud against the USA. Lots of reasons to have the committee look at those returns.

                      The Feds will get them from the State. And I hope the Orange ****stain gets hammered. Bigly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                        If the valuations of properties are manipulated before for either tax purposes or for loan purposes, taxes prepared last year might be perpetuating those same erroneous valuations. Thus, the Orange ****stain is continuing to commit crimes. Probably would owe taxes. Money laundered could be spotted, violating tax laws of both Feds and State. Also committing fraud against the USA. Lots of reasons to have the committee look at those returns.

                        The Feds will get them from the State. And I hope the Orange ****stain gets hammered. Bigly.
                        The Trump cultists think it's all a big joke, but Trump's big sister doesn't. She's running for the hills. She obviously knows what the Trump family has been up to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IQ33
                          It's stuff like this that is killing the dems chances in 2020...yap...yap...yap...
                          Riiiiiight...the 2018 midterms totally bear that theory out, Jethro.

                          You must be getting all your news from the same source that assured TJ the Dems had a “zero percent chance.” L0L!

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Where in the constitution does it state that elected officials must release tax returns? Can anyone show me?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X