No announcement yet.

The Decency Line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS THREAD! It's kinda hidden away, like the shed in 'A Beautiful Mind' with the million scraps on the wall. Just read last 10 pages, now if I can pick my jaw up from the floor, I'ma concentrate on the funny parts:
    - Sorry, but LA PREDATORS FAN was pretty funny. Improper, but funny, at least the first time
    - So was "If he gets banned for that, this place is gayer than I thought." - (note that the sexuality jab was on the site, not a member, thus sidestepping the ban requirement)
    - OldCoyote's occasional interjections ... underappreciated, but funny
    - Dom's "Just like San Francisco, but with less urine smell." Note the phrase applies equally to this thread (wait, I like SF....... )
    - "Phuket" is listed as a destination, and there's no shared laughter? Light heartedness?
    - Somebody ups the ante to "Royal Phuket" and STILL NOTHING?!
    - Is ShaneSpicoli the same guy as ShaneFalco? Not the best undercover second account.
    - BLUE LIVES MATTER seems kinda funny, but I'm guessing there's something decidedly unfunny about it that I'm not getting

Taco's rules will govern of course, but the big ones are stuff guys shouldda learned in kindergarten:

* NEVER call anybody a Nazi, unless they explicitly self-refer
    * NEVER accuse somebody of a serious crime , ESPECIALLY THAT CRIME! (and if LA PREDATOR FAN was part of that, it's not funny after all)

NOW: I'ma put this entire thread on Ignore, then go take a long shower ..... 🚿

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.10-307 View Post
      Shane,
      Just block him and call it good. He and a few others here are flaming piles of human excrement that want to silence anyone with a conservative bone in their body. They’re not worth two more seconds of your time and effort.
      i get it. I heard they fixed the ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
        THIS THREAD! It's kinda hidden away, like the shed in 'A Beautiful Mind' with the million scraps on the wall. Just read last 10 pages, now if I can pick my jaw up from the floor, I'ma concentrate on the funny parts:
        - Sorry, but LA PREDATORS FAN was pretty funny. Improper, but funny, at least the first time
        - So was "If he gets banned for that, this place is gayer than I thought." - (note that the sexuality jab was on the site, not a member, thus sidestepping the ban requirement)
        - OldCoyote's occasional interjections ... underappreciated, but funny
        - Dom's "Just like San Francisco, but with less urine smell." Note the phrase applies equally to this thread (wait, I like SF....... )
        - "Phuket" is listed as a destination, and there's no shared laughter? Light heartedness?
        - Somebody ups the ante to "Royal Phuket" and STILL NOTHING?!
        - Is ShaneSpicoli the same guy as ShaneFalco? Not the best undercover second account.
        - BLUE LIVES MATTER seems kinda funny, but I'm guessing there's something decidedly unfunny about it that I'm not getting

Taco's rules will govern of course, but the big ones are stuff guys shouldda learned in kindergarten:

* NEVER call anybody a Nazi, unless they explicitly self-refer
        * NEVER accuse somebody of a serious crime , ESPECIALLY THAT CRIME! (and if LA PREDATOR FAN was part of that, it's not funny after all)

NOW: I'ma put this entire thread on Ignore, then go take a long shower ..... 🚿
        lol i thought it was pretty funny too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Well, not if it was a reference to the accusation. That'd be way wrong, not funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
            Sorry, but LA PREDATORS FAN was pretty funny.
            So referencing his 'Internet message board username' as LAPredatorsFan is now a bannable offense? Seriously? That's how far we have come on this message board? This is too funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

So referencing his 'Internet message board username' as LAPredatorsFan is now a bannable offense? Seriously? That's how far we have come on this message board? This is too funny.

That’s not what sent him to time-out, and everyone knows it.

Stop lying.

Comment

No.

I'll be specific with this, since there might seem to be some ambiguity. Saying someone goes on "sex vacations" is probably okay (albeit stupid, IMO). Saying someone is a predator is also probably okay (heck, some sports teams have been named predators - in some contexts, it would be considered a compliment). Neither of those things are illegal. Implying that either of those things pertains to children is baseless (as it pertains to anyone here), gross, and not acceptable here.

There was warning after warning given regarding this, by both TJ and moderators. When it didn't stop, bans were finally given.

A forum's rules are always going to have gray areas. Most of the time, posters will stray into those gray areas, and nothing will come of it. On occasion, a trip to the gray areas results in shining light on something that is actually black and white. A well-moderated board, IMO, provides plenty of leash in those situations. But "plenty of leash" is different than "unlimited leash." Once something has been defined (as it was, in this case), it is no longer gray.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

No.

I'll be specific with this, since there might seem to be some ambiguity. Saying someone goes on "sex vacations" is probably okay (albeit stupid, IMO). Saying someone is a predator is also probably okay (heck, some sports teams have been named predators - in some contexts, it would be considered a compliment). Neither of those things are illegal. Implying that either of those things pertains to children is baseless (as it pertains to anyone here), gross, and not acceptable here.

There was warning after warning given regarding this, by both TJ and moderators. When it didn't stop, bans were finally given.

A forum's rules are always going to have gray areas. Most of the time, posters will stray into those gray areas, and nothing will come of it. On occasion, a trip to the gray areas results in shining light on something that is actually black and white. A well-moderated board, IMO, provides plenty of leash in those situations. But "plenty of leash" is different than "unlimited leash." Once something has been defined (as it was, in this case), it is no longer gray.
                  Yeah I get all of that. It just seemed like using that for his username was subject to being banned too. No biggie to me. I got his ass ignored now so I don't have to see it. Well, unless they get quoted.

Comment

I got his ass ignored now so I don't have to see it....
                    ...and yet you're still here crying about the decision.

Doesn't sound like the ignore feature is working out so well for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

No.

So i can call him LA PREDATOR FAN?

LA PREDATOR FAN IS A LOSER

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Welcome Back Shane! They Banned me too! But Im Back! Just in time for OBAMAGATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAGAMAN View Post

Welcome Back Shane! They Banned me too! But Im Back! Just in time for OBAMAGATE!

Hahahaha thanks.

Its crazy what Obama has done to the presidency.

Comment

• Shane == MAGAtMAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                              Shane == MAGAtMAN.
                              Lmao! And im also that dolphins guy too right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaneSpicoli

Lmao! And im also that dolphins guy too right?
                                Giving props to yourself because no one else will.

Sad!

Comment

Working...
                                X