Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spdirty View Post
    No, I don’t like mom smack.
    So would "but your mom likes a good smack" be a bannable offense here?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

• there is no decency line.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

I nominate BlueFlame.

She's already demonstrated her ability to hang with the rough boys in this forum without ever losing her cool or forgetting her role as a mod.
        so thats how she became a mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpioidChetoliniCaulkSuckr View Post

So another fake Shane account.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post

So another fake Shane account.
            Right as he's about to cry about how the forum rules are applied unfairly to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpioidChetoliniCaulkSuckr View Post

Fact is....the moderator team was chosen by TJ, Shane. It's TJ's forum.... TJ's rules ... TJ's moderator team.

"Adhere to the advice and recommendations of the moderators and administrators of this forum – Our moderators have been carefully selected for their characteristics, attitudes and values that have been set for this forum. They have been instructed to enforce board rules, guidelines and policies exercising as much restraint as possible, and in such a way to encourage free expression of opinion. They have been entrusted and empowered with the ability and authority to enforce our standards."
              https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ann...rum-guidelines

Comment

• Originally posted by Taco John View Post
                Look. I'm not going to burden anyone else with the job of being a mod here. That's not a desireable option at all. And Beerslug, calling me a hypocrite for doing my part and leading by example is amusing, but hardly valid. You're right that I said I feel dirty coming into this place sometimes. You're also right that I decided to do something other than complain about it and start a worthwhile thread that I though would spark some actual discussion. That's not hypocrisy. That's leading by example.

I'm asking adults to self police themselves and try to keep from vulgarity. I'm not pointing fingers at any one individual, though I could point many. I'm giving you all two options here: (1) Police yourselves, or (2) I come in here with riot gear and piss a bunch of people off. Which is fine with me. Sometimes you've got to burn the forest down to keep it healthy.

The way I figure it, the problem isn't that there aren't mods here. The problem is that there aren't enough people taking pride in the forum to speak up when someone is getting out of line
                ^^^ This.

And why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp?
                Originally posted by TJ
                " 07-10-2006, 10:01 AM

This forum doesn't need a moderator. Hell, it doesn't need "hard and fast" rules for a moderator to enforce. It just needs a group of people who respect eachother enough that when someone gets out of line and starts getting vulgar, they step up and put that person in check.

I am calling the community out here. You are all being put in check here. If you want this forum to survive, then I suggest you take a little pride in this place, and speak up when someone starts getting vulgar, regardless of politics. If you guys can't find it in you to show that you care on that basic level, then what is the point of having the forum here in the first place?"
                For instance, WHY does it need to be explained that referring to female posters as (c-word) is unacceptable? That **** has never been acceptable in polite society. Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post

Or accuse someone of being involved with the KKK or Hitler?

Works both ways.
                  Well if the shoe fits wear it. Calling out someone’s indecency is not vulgar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

^^^ This.

And why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp?

For instance, WHY does it need to be explained that referring to female posters as (c-word) is unacceptable? That **** has never been acceptable in polite society. Ever.
                    How do you know someone calls a female a ****?

It's edited

Now mind you I would never do that. I have the utmost respect for the stronger sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

How do you know someone calls a female a ****?

It's edited

Now mind you I would never do that. I have the utmost respect for the stronger sex.
                      When a "creative spelling" is used in order to circumvent language filters, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out what was intended. For example, referring to a female poster as a "count" is quite obvious as to which word is meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueflame View Post

When a "creative spelling" is used in order to circumvent language filters, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out what was intended. For example, referring to a female poster as a "count" is quite obvious as to which word is meant.
                        Ahh Alternative spellings... Aren't those against forum rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

Ahh Alternative spellings... Aren't those against forum rules?
                          Yep...

Comment

• Sh!t

Comment

• What's the rule on sockpuppets?

Comment

• Yeah, apparently decency used to be a thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X