No announcement yet.

The Decency Line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont come around this forum as much as I used to because of the circular nature of the discussion. There are some great posters here who I enjoy to debate/agree with, and there are some that I dont see any contribution from at all outside of personal insults and/or thread hijacking. It seems as though every discussion ends up a "Bush sucks" group affirmation by a few posters. Most of us know that the government isnt doing everything that we hope that it would do. I would like to see the forum move on a bit from that into some real discussion about relevant topics.

Im certain that I havent been one to effectively mediate the warring factions of this board, but I have tried in the past. I also admit that I have been part of the problem at times by contributing to the volatile banter.

I have also seen great contributing posters drawn into the same garbage talk that I have been drawn into.

I'll do my part to cool it down. It's a politics/religion forum, and you cant expect everyone to agree with you, or to be convinced by your arguments. At the very least there should be a foundation of mutual respect for the forum (that we dont pay for), and for the right of all Omane members to have an opinion.

We can police ourselves by letting off the gas when it becomes obvious that we are pressing too hard. Give Taco and his mods a break.

Comment

• Originally posted by angryllama
      I dont come around this forum as much as I used to because of the circular nature of the discussion.
      You mean you haven't been moved by my secular humanism

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDave
        My bowels were moved a little, and I thank you for that.

Comment

Pretty vulger ..............

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDave
            I looked up "vulgar" in the dictionary and your avitar was next to it.

Comment

I'm not sure - because TJ is not specific - but I don't think this is the "bad stuff."

Comment

• Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27

Meet Your New Mods...

Half the fun of this place is watching people go postal in here. Banning personal attacks will make this just another vanilla internet forum. Moderating it won't do anything but cause people to leave.
                Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by Tredici
                  ahhhhhh poor wittle errand cant afford toys .......... boo hoo ......... remember that welfare shيt you was pushing ? you have always been a dumb ass , and will continue to be one ........... No cure for stupidity ..........you are screwed

In a million years I never thought I'D be calling YOU out Tredici ... but TJ has asked us to "do our part," so ... even though you're being funny, the words in RED, above, are wrong, Tred. CUT IT OUT PLEASE. I've never seen him use the "sh" word, anyway. But if you did, §pider, CUT IT OUT PLEASE.

Just keepin' it real ... doin' my part.

Comment

• Wow, pure hilarity in this thread. I rarely post here but I do read sometimes.

This thread was good reading. You have the suck ups, the rebels, the level heads simply wanting to discuss the problem, the pessimists who are ready to bail, and at the middle of it all the great and powerful Oz refusing to answer any questions directly and resorting to giving vague statements about people "doing their part."

Forget any mock threads, this thread is the funny stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp
                      The problem is they dont stay here. They runover to the main forum and everywhere else. And, no personal attack is ever called for.
                      All of mine stay here, unless some Chief fan comes in then all bets are off!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconer
                        Wow! I was only gone since Thursday. What did you all do to piss off TJ like that? I do not feel that we should get rid of this forum, as it is useless for me to post on the main board most of the time when there are people like Mediator, Khan, Atlas, Meck, TJ, ... all the way to Bob (testing to see if you pay attention to the main board), who have great takes. I will chime in from time to time when I do not think I am being repetitive.

I do enjoy discussing different ideas with others on this board, whether or not we come down on the same side of the fence. I try never to be vulgar or obscene in any conversation I have. Slug and I had a real disagreement just last week and even though he still follows his misguided ways ( ), neither of us had to resort to anything more than trying to get our point across in a civil manner.

I believe that it was most likely the diatribe that Spide and I got into that did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SactownOrangeSunday
                          I believe that it was most likely the diatribe that Spide and I got into that did it.
                          You mean this

Originally posted by SactownOrangeSunday
                          Only your whore daughters, but they arent exactly virgins are they, you have been busy fixing that.
                          and this

Originally posted by SactownOrangeSunday
                          , you sure they are yours, your woman is kinda loose, but that had nothing to do with you I am sure.
                          I'd say its dialog like this that is causing all the trouble around here guy...

Comment

• Meet Your New Mods...

From L to R: dBruleU, W*GS, Old Dude, Hogan11, Pezman

(sorry Pez ... he looks a liitle like you is all...)
                            Last edited by BroncoBuff; 07-11-2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pezman
                              You mean this

and this

I'd say its dialog like this that is causing all the trouble around here guy...
                              Yep like I said my diatribe with Spide did it, trouble is my middle name, wait no actually its not. Seriously though sorry to all those that were offended I never should have gone there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SactownOrangeSunday
                                Yep like I said my diatribe with Spide did it, trouble is my middle name, wait no actually its not. Seriously though sorry to all those that were offended I never should have gone there.
                                Yeah, he does bring out the worst in some of the members of this forum sometimes. But believe me, only his attacks with Patch were more out of control that this and thankfully, we havent seen anything that bad since. I trust you wont stoop to that level again

Comment

Working...
                                X