This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Decency Line...

I just want to make it clear to the community here that I expect this forum to police itself in terms of the decency line. This forum has gotten vulgar lately, and is becoming an eyesore.

If this sub-community doesn't take it upon itself to police itself by reigning folks in when they cross the line, I will take extreme measures in order to prompt this kind of self policing. One tool that I'm considering is turning this forum off for periods of time such as 24 hours, or 12pm - 5pm PST.

I'll ask you not to make me get creative in solving this issue, because I honestly don't want to... But I will if I have to.

I'd love to see it stay up but the vulgarity by 95% of the people who post here, including myself at times, is just pathetic. IMO it ruins the image of the board as a family forum (so does the majority of the avatar's but that's why I have them turned off).

Comment

Politics ARE vulgar. This place is a microcosm of the division expressing that vulgarity, thus a pretty accurate reflection of the mess we're now in.

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27
        Politics ARE vulgar. This place is a microcosm of the division expressing that vulgarity, thus a pretty accurate reflection of the mess we're now in.
        I've seen more profanity on the main board at times when Alec is posting. But maybe posting rules or guidlines on what's acceptable and what isn't would help.

Originally posted by Rascal
        (so does the majority of the avatar's but that's why I have them turned off).
        I was wondering why you didn't have an avatar.
        Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 07-09-2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

It's not that hard to debate politics without calling each other names. More people (on both sides) should try it...

Comment

You are all a bunch of Jerks, you're all wrong, and you all suck balls!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John
              I just want to make it clear to the community here that I expect this forum to police itself in terms of the decency line. This forum has gotten vulgar lately, and is becoming an eyesore.

I'll ask you not to make me get creative in solving this issue, because I honestly don't want to... But I will if I have to.
              What's your problem?

Why don't you do your job and MODERATE this room, instead of bitching and threatening?

TJ, it was just one week ago when you complained in the main room that WRP is a "cess pool" and whenever you go there "you feel dirty." And yet on that VERY SAME DAY - you started a thread in here!!!! (The "Reesurrect a President" thread - a great thread). I'm sorry, TJ, but that makes you a first-class hypocrite in my book, at least on this topic.

WRP is the only room on this board without a moderator ... and yet you are "shocked, shocked!" when name-calling goes on?! Gimme a break. Stop blaming the room. As somebody who spends time in here (that's absolutely certain he posts nothing improper), your threats tick me off. You say "police yourself"? I say "do your job." Why not get, maybe, RedRocket to moderate? He seems pretty level-headed and not too political, and he has time to spend 30-60 minutes twice a day to go through the threads. We'll help him by self-reporting with PMs, and he can dole out whatever warnings or suspensions are warranted. (You know - like you do in EVERY OTHER room?!?)

I know the OM has been growing exponentially, and I'm happy for you and everybody. BUt don't act like the problem is getting "out of control," From where I sit, you're the problem. You and that empty box at the bottom of the page that says "Moderator:"

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Beerslug
                I've seen more profanity on the main board at times when Alec is posting. But maybe posting rules or guidlines on what's acceptable and what isn't would help.

I was wondering why you didn't have an avatar.
                what are you talking about? He has an avy.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff
                  What's your problem?

Why don't you do your job and MODERATE this room, instead of b****ing and threatening?

TJ, it was just one week ago when you complained in the main room that WRP is a "cess pool" and whenever you go there "you feel dirty." And yet on that VERY SAME DAY - you started a thread in here!!!! (The "Reesurrect a President" thread - a great thread). I'm sorry, TJ, but that makes you a first-class hypocrite in my book, at least on this topic.

WRP is the only room on this board without a moderator ... and yet you are "shocked, shocked!" when name-calling goes on?! Gimme a break. Stop blaming the room. As somebody who spends time in here (that's absolutely certain he posts nothing improper), your threats tick me off. You say "police yourself"? I say "do your job." Why not get, maybe, RedRocket to moderate? He seems pretty level-headed and not too political, and he has time to spend 30-60 minutes twice a day to go through the threads. We'll help him by self-reporting with PMs, and he can dole out whatever warnings or suspensions are warranted. (You know - like you do in EVERY OTHER room?!?)

I know the OM has been growing exponentially, and I'm happy for you and everybody. BUt don't act like the problem is getting "out of control," From where I sit, you're the problem. You and that empty box at the bottom of the page that says "Moderator:"
                  Unfortunatly I have to agree to a degree. I have reported pics and posts in CD and nothing was done other than I got told by a mod I needed to lighten
                  up. So why worry about WPR?

Comment

Vote for me.

Elect me as WRP moderator, and I promise to get rid of all the vulgarity.

You do know what that means, don't you?

Comment

Honestly, if we could get a mod in here, I'd personally nominate Elsid13, Slug or Shack in a heartbeat. That's not to say that LABF , W*gs or anyone else isnt worthy by the way... just my personal choices.

As for the rest of this forum, as long as the attacks aren't personal, obscene and vicious threats, then its all fair game in here IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pezman
                        Honestly, if we could get a mod in here, I'd personally nominate Elsid13, Slug or Shack in a heartbeat. That's not to say that LABF , W*gs or anyone else isnt worthy by the way... just my personal choices.

As for the rest of this forum, as long as the attacks aren't personal, obscene and vicious threats, then its all fair game in here IMO.
                        I nominate BlueFlame.

She's already demonstrated her ability to hang with the rough boys in this forum without ever losing her cool or forgetting her role as a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
                          I nominate BlueFlame.

She's already demonstrated her ability to hang with the rough boys in this forum without ever losing her cool or forgetting her role as a mod.
                          She is a great candidate LABF, except, considering that her hands are full enough as it is, I dont know if she would want full-time duties here. Plus, we've had some dialog between the two of us discussing how she might be taken as too liberal and the conservative crowd would complain that they are being treated unfairly.

Honestly, I'm all in favor of TJ's old approach of hands-off with the forum, and hope that the well-read and respected members here could lead by example more often rather than be baited. JMHO anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Pezman

Thanks I think. I saw the thread in that caused some of the problem, and it did cross the line on PG13 site(and the guy that did it is one of my all time favorite posters on the board) . I know politics is emotional issue and folks get passionate about their position, but sometime you need to just take a step away, or you end up acting like Bobo, CrazyHorse or at worse PATCH. I had to do it half a dozen time in last couple of weeks. (Mainly because I need to find some female companionship, but that another story ) Beside on the Hill you would be surprise how many folks on the both side of the aisle actually hang out together.

I rather keep this section of the board up and running so I personnel ask folks to relax a little, remember at the end of the day all that matter is DENVER kicking the crap out of rest of the NFL. That and keep those damn French in thier place.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13
                              Thanks I think. I saw the thread in that caused some of the problem, and it did cross the line on PG13 site(and the guy that did it is one of my all time favorite posters on the board) . I know politics is emotional issue and folks get passionate about their position, but sometime you need to just take a step away, or you end up acting like Bobo, CrazyHorse or at worse PATCH. I had to do it half a dozen time in last couple of weeks. (Mainly because I need to find some female companionship, but that another story ) Beside on the Hill you would be surprise how many folks on the both side of the aisle actually hang out together.

I rather keep this section of the board up and running so I personnel ask folks to relax a little, remember at the end of the day all that matter is DENVER kicking the crap out of rest of the NFL. That and keep those damn French in thier place.
                              Yup, I agree totally. I guess when it comes down to it, some of us are internet tough guys, only to be completely different in person.

Comment

Working...
                              X