Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: No posts mocking gender, race, or sexual preference. (UPDATED)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I know that people would immediately begin to tell political lies about this common sense policy?

It's very simple: keep your racial hate slurs off the forum. Calling people here racists because you disagree with them politically is unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taco John View Post
      How did I know that people would immediately begin to tell political lies about this common sense policy?

It's very simple: keep your racial hate slurs off the forum. Calling people here racists because you disagree with them politically is unacceptable.
      Common sense policy?! To who? You!?

So disagreeing with nazi, nazi sympathizers, white nationalists, xenophobes, well that IS unacceptable on this board.

Got it.

Comment

• Comment

• Waaaaaaah.

Comment

• How far down that slippery slope are we now?

Comment

• Using racial animus to cast hate against people has always been forbidden. It's only recently that the term "racist" has become uber-weaponized to try and cut off political discussion. I would rather shut down this forum than to permit such social censorship to exist.

The rules here are the same as they've always been:
              Personal Attacks – Sometimes you think someone is an idiot and you want to tell them as much. But if you’re going to call someone an idiot, you’d better back up your words with something of substance because if an argument devolves into two (or more) people calling each other idiots, none of them are using their heads or showing any amount of respect to the community, and both of them are subject to receiving a ban. While some forums see this issue in black and white will ban over the smallest slight, this forum recognizes that there is a gray area – this is a football discussion forum. Football is a competitive sport. Smack is part of the culture, but there is a line and it will be judged by such criteria as substance, vulgarity, and consistency. If your attacks comes with no substance, are vulgar, or it seems that all you add to the forum is attacks on people who disagree with you, you put yourself at risk for a ban period (or even permanent exile). Mods will have discretion on this. The best way to protect yourself is to moderate your vulgarity, and provide substance: facts and content.

If this sub-forum is going to make it past December, the level of conversation here needs to improve. I'm not here to host a forum where one side gets to call me, a half-mexican, a racist because I believe in a lawful border policy. I can only imagine how other decent people who would like to participate in the discussion must feel, but are afraid to because misguided people feel comfortable slurring them as racists.

Not on this forum. If you're going to break out the word "racist" against another poster, you'd better be able to draw a clear black line to it. I'd rather be here with 5 good people who can have honest, thoughtful discussions, than 20,000 screaming "RACIST" over policy disagreements.
              Last edited by Taco John; 11-16-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the update, precious.

I was wondering if you could tell us what ethnicity you are again, so we could understand that it’s impossible for you to be racist. Not sure you’ve brought it up enough.

Thanks!

Comment

• So is the use of the word “cotton” considered racist? If I call the user of that term racist am i in trouble? If not I have a post I want to show you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                    So is the use of the word “cotton” considered racist? If I call the user of that term racist am i in trouble? If not I have a post I want to show you.
                    Oh geez. Now we're going to play little games? Fun.

Try me. I think you'll find that I'm up for it.

Comment

Oh geez. Now we're going to play little games? Fun.

Try me. I think you'll find that I'm up for it.
                      Nope not little games just looking to clarify the new rule on saying someone is a racist. No need to answer I don’t think I’ve accused anyone of it anyway.

Comment

• This is the same guy who refused to ban a poster spamming Jimmy the Greek now telling us calling people racist is baah-aah-aahd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                          Nope not little games just looking to clarify the new rule on saying someone is a racist.

Hate speech has always been forbidden here. The case you are attempting to bring up is covered here:
                          Hate Speech: Hate speech is considered vulgarity. Hate slurs will be met with bans. Innuendos that are considered as hate speech will be met with bans. Mods are asked to consider intention when addressing hate speech, and to ban accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                            This is the same guy who refused to ban a poster spamming Jimmy the Greek now telling us calling people racist is baah-aah-aahd.

I'm not familiar with this case.

Comment

• I don’t know the Jimmy the Greek reference and I don’t care if he amends rules, it’s his board. I just want to be clear what they are.

Comment

Hate speech has always been forbidden here. The case you are attempting to bring up is covered here:
                                Hate Speech: Hate speech is considered vulgarity. Hate slurs will be met with bans. Innuendos that are considered as hate speech will be met with bans. Mods are asked to consider intention when addressing hate speech, and to ban accordingly.
                                Ok so the guy that called me cotton. Hate speech or no?

Comment

Working...
                                X