Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: No posts mocking gender, race, or sexual preference. (UPDATED)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    You should also be able to volunteer as tribute.

****! We are halfway to reviving survivor
    This could be survivor lite. A lot less effort to manage.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
      Honest question for OP and the mods:

One thing that really sticks in my craw with this place is how many people use the insult “retard” or some variation of it. That’s a pretty ****ty one, so I’m wondering if there are any plans to block out “retard,” “retarded,” and any of the many variations of “tard “ used here daily.

If the state of Colorado can remove “retarded” from any and all of its state documents, which they did last year, surely a football message board can do so as well.
      Should we also ban imbecile, moron, idiot, etc? Because those words have similar origins and meanings. At some point you retards need to grasp that, whatever term is used to describe the genuinely mentally deficient, it is going to be adopted as an insult among the general populace. Get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        Should we also ban imbecile, moron, idiot, etc? Because those words have similar origins and meanings. At some point you retards need to grasp that, whatever term is used to describe the genuinely mentally deficient, it is going to be adopted as an insult among the general populace. Get over it.
        That's got to be maybe the most ironic post in TEKO history right there.

Guy's nothing but an endless namecaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
          That's got to be maybe the most ironic post in TEKO history right there.

Guy's nothing but an endless namecaller.
          He loves calling people stupid, but retard is off-limits. Why? Because the PC thought police say so.

Comment

He loves calling people stupid, but retard is off-limits. Why? Because the PC thought police say so.
            Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
            Supports the middle class, but supports Trump, who doesn't pay his middle class contractors.

You've gone full retard.
            Had to take him off iggy to do, but worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
              Had to take him off iggy to do, but worth it.
              Oops...

Comment

Oops...

Leave it to this inbred ****stick moron to defend killing black people like they had it coming. They shouldn't have been black!

You're a ****ing retard.
                The mane has gone full retard.
                Then you're a retard.
                Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 09-20-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• teko doesnt like the word libtard.

it has nothing to do with retard.

Comment

• I use Republitard all the time. Of course if this is wrong and can change it to Republintelectually deficient to the moderate degree.

Comment

• Yes, for families that have members with Down Syndrome or autism or other learning challenges, the term "retard" can be offensive. And many individuals online can be -- insensitive.

From the moderator team's perspective, however, the question becomes "How heavily-moderated does the community want this forum to be?" Because if we were to start sanctioning every instance of posters using some form of "retard", we'd be dealing with the issue all day, every day. We'd probably need more moderators in order to deal with the increased number of reported posts.

For the most part, context of the word usage hasn't been to genuinely suggest that the poster being addressed has a learning disability; it's been to mock a take that the name-caller finds ridiculous. On a sports message board, that type of insult does happen fairly often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                          Yes, for families that have members with Down Syndrome or autism or other learning challenges, the term "retard" can be offensive. And many individuals online can be -- insensitive.

From the moderator team's perspective, however, the question becomes "How heavily-moderated does the community want this forum to be?" Because if we were to start sanctioning every instance of posters using some form of "retard", we'd be dealing with the issue all day, every day. We'd probably need more moderators in order to deal with the increased number of reported posts.

For the most part, context of the word usage hasn't been to genuinely suggest that the poster being addressed has a learning disability; it's been to mock a take that the name-caller finds ridiculous. On a sports message board, that type of insult does happen fairly often.
                          if you need more moderators

I would be very good.....

Comment

• ok, that was a lie. I would be horrible, like BronxIdiot

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                              Yes, for families that have members with Down Syndrome or autism or other learning challenges, the term "retard" can be offensive. And many individuals online can be -- insensitive.

You have to wonder if anyone actually reads this warning before entering this forum:

Goooo "team that reflects my political ideology!" WARNING! This is a loosely moderated forum. Frankly, moderating political discussions is about as fun as sitting in on Raider court proceedings.

Comment

Because “retard” is an honest to god offensive term. Which is why the state of Colorado has removed it from all state documents.

As for my use of it, I’ve said a lot of things in the past I’m not proud of. Not sure the picture of me two years ago is the same as the picture of me now, but whatever. You got me, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X