Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    Aren't we talking about only 5% of the population here getting notices? Is this incorrect?
    5% of a whole country is quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
      5% of a whole country is quite a bit.
      15% uninsured is a travesty of Capitalism requiring Trillion dollar Government interventions to hopefully maybe get it down to 10%.

5% losing their insurance immediately because of that intervention is an asterisk not worth talking about.

Comment

• Are there actually 5% of people legitimately losing their health insurance or are they being automatically enrolled in a similar plan that conforms to what is required by the ACA? Because I got a notice of the latter myself. I'm not losing my insurance, but I am not going to be covered under the same plan I was initially (because it didn't conform to the new standards).

Comment

• Originally posted by misturanderson View Post
          Are there actually 5% of people legitimately losing their health insurance or are they being automatically enrolled in a similar plan that conforms to what is required by the ACA? Because I got a notice of the latter myself. I'm not losing my insurance, but I am not going to be covered under the same plan I was initially (because it didn't conform to the new standards).
          I don't know about how they're able to roll you into a complaint plan. They might try, but two caveats to look out for (from what I've gathered over the last few weeks)

One, if you're anywhere near subsidy eligible, you shouldn't purchase insurance directly from the company. It has to go through the exchange (which doesn't work) or you can't receive the federal subsidy.

Two, the health networks are potentially much more restrictive than many people are used to. And there's not a lot of good information yet on which providers plans will cover. If you're the kind of person who has a near-intimate relationship with a provider, you'll probably want to do the leg work to make sure whatever they're moving you to (or that you pick on your own) covers the providers you want to see.

Comment

• http://chicksontheright.com/posts/it...facing-reality
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Meck77 View Post
              Saw some serious sparks flying today at the hospital. Was there for a routine sonogram with my wife as she's pregnant. Many mothers were notified that they'd their insurance contract was dropped. The staff told each couple "You can pay $700 if you want the sonogram". One after another walked out. One guy was cussing out the staff and hammering Obamacare.

It's here. "Be careful what you wished for".
              Why does a simple sonogram cost $700? That's insane. We can b**** about the ACA, insurance companies, etc, but a $700 sonagram drives home the crux of the problem with healthcare in the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick7 View Post
                Why does a simple sonogram cost $700? That's insane. We can b**** about the ACA, insurance companies, etc, but a $700 sonagram drives home the crux of the problem with healthcare in the USA.
                Insurance enables the $700 sonogram. But it doesn't create it.

$700 sonograms exist because a large majority of people who need sonograms don't much care whether it costs $200 or $1,000.

Comment

• My wife received a letter from Blue Cross that her plan would no longer be available. She has attempted to log on to the Healthcare.gov website everyday with no success. The annoying part is she fills out the same 4 pages of information including passwords, secret questions and email address before she is told the site is unavailable.

She has a catastrophic healthcare policy with a 10K deductable and it was perfect when combined with a HSA (tax-advantaged medical savings account). We used that account to pay all her routine healthcare expense.

I should feel lucky that I’m included in one of Obama’s special chosen groups that will not have to enroll in Obama care.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick7 View Post
                    Good question. The procedure itself takes about 10 minutes. Waiting room use to be full of 20+ mothers. The other day it was empty. The business manager of the office was almost in tears as she explained the situation. I don't think she was worried about the patients as much as she was realizing she will be out a job by the end of the week.

That sucks PonyBoy. Well at least you can take comfort that you didn't vote Obama in only to cut your own throat. It's my democrat buddies that were already on the fence about Obama that undoubtedly will be kicking themselves when they get their letters. Some already have.
                    Last edited by Meck77; 11-04-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-03-07-39-37

AP puts the cancellation count at "at least 3.5 million" but says that doesn't include numbers from half the States.

“That means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period.

No one will take it away, no matter what.”

Comment

• Here's a simple question? Why can't you go to the Heathcare.gov site for your state and download a simple PDF file with all the options and prices for the healthcare plans available.

Why do you have to fill the shopping cart to see these secret prices?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                              Here's a simple question? Why can't you go to the Heathcare.gov site for your state and download a simple PDF file with all the options and prices for the healthcare plans available.

Why do you have to fill the shopping cart to see these secret prices?
                              Easy. Its about getting to "single payer".

Comment

• here's one for you bobo.thanks Obama!

Fox News Finds A Victim -- Of Republicans' Obamacare Sabotage

Fox News obscured Republicans' role in creating a Medicaid coverage gap in the administration's health care expansion to hype one woman's coverage loss as an example of Obama's broken promises.

Fox host Elisabeth Hasselbeck welcomed guest Tammy Fiechtner onto the November 1 Fox & Friends to discuss a letter she received from her insurer explaining that she's being automatically moved to a new insurance plan. Hasselbeck hyped "what's being called the Obamacare coverage gap," saying, despite the letter, that she "hasn't gotten a new plan. In fact, she doesn't have coverage at all." Fiechtner's comments shed more light on her predicament; the new plan she was being moved to had a similar premium, but a higher deductible. Fiechtner then explained that after exploring her options, she found that she would have qualified for Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)'s expansion of the program, but her Republican-led home state of Nebraska chose not to accept the Medicaid expansion (emphasis added):

FIECHTNER: When we went on the website, we found out that we didn't qualify for Obamacare because of how our business structure works. So, we were told that we had to go on Medicaid, which I don't understand why I have to be on Medicaid, but that's where they directed us to. Nebraska did not expand Medicaid, so there will be no help for people like ourselves. So we now are forced to buy a new plan all on own and face these expenses by ourselves.

As The New York Times reported, the ACA was "written to require all Americans to have health coverage" and "about 30 million uninsured Americans were to have become eligible for financial help" through subsidies for lower-income earners and the Medicaid expansion. According to the Times, the Supreme Court's 2012 decision to allow states to opt out of the Medicaid expansion left millions of low-income consumers without financial help in acquiring insurance:

But the Supreme Court's ruling on the health care law last year, while upholding it, allowed states to choose whether to expand Medicaid. Those that opted not to leave about eight million uninsured people who live in poverty ($19,530 for a family of three) without any assistance at all.

Hasselbeck's attempt to lay the blame for Fiechtner's situation on President Obama papers over Republicans' role in sabotaging access to affordable health insurance. As Politico reported in a November 1 story headlined "The Obamacare sabotage campaign," there is "a strong factual basis" for the charge that "calculated sabotage by Republicans at every step" has undermined key points of the law -- including the Medicaid expansion -- and has seriously damaged the overall rollout (emphasis added):

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11...bamacar/196710

Comment

Working...
                                X