Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Some of them will go to the ER. In fact, they'll have a higher rate of going to the ER because so many of them don't have fully developed pre-frontal cortices yet and they tend to take bigger risks and make stupider decisions. Genius.

    Why do you think they pay higher rates for car insurance?
    Some of them will go to ER so lets force all of them to pay for old peoples insurance. Genius.

    Comment


    • #92
      Also he has dems now passing new legislation to force govt to let people keep insurance they have right now. If those 2 million people or whatever are allowed to do that it will mean less money for Obamacare. He will end up losing so much of his so called revenue that the numbers touted at the CBO will become a joke in a decade. It will literally be 2-3 times more expensive they Obama said in the long run.

      Comment


      • #93
        The Obama administration said there were 4.7 million unique visits to the website during its first 24 hours.

        But here's the not-so-funny part: Only six users were able to enroll, according to CBS News.

        http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ocuments-show/

        SNL gets the number six right.

        <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rtw1ERYapjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Some of them will go to the ER. In fact, they'll have a higher rate of going to the ER because so many of them don't have fully developed pre-frontal cortices yet and they tend to take bigger risks and make stupider decisions. Genius.

          Why do you think they pay higher rates for car insurance?
          Yeah, great argument. They should pay higher rates for car insurance because they're a greater risk.

          And they should pay higher rates for health insurance because other people are a greater risk.

          Comment


          • #95

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
              The Obama administration said there were 4.7 million unique visits to the website during its first 24 hours.

              But here's the not-so-funny part: Only six users were able to enroll, according to CBS News.

              http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ocuments-show/

              SNL gets the number six right.

              <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rtw1ERYapjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              Thats why they won't release official numbers. It's so pathetically low it's too humiliating to endure. They are hoping by mid nov they at least have a million or something lol. Legislation coming that extends the deadline for the penalty, you know what Obama could have given to avoid the whole shutdown. Siebulus got it right. The political climate of the dems to make repubs look bad made her unable to admit webpage wasn't ready and it needed a delay.

              Comment


              • #97
                I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice. With Obamacare the government limits our choices to only what Sebelius says we need. So in the wisdom of big government 65 year old Nuns have to purchase insurance for maternity care and meth rehab, and erectile dysfunction. This has nothing to do with controlling healthcare costs, just another big government power grab. Keep your laws off my body...

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
                  I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice.
                  Yes! Free to choose from only our choices.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
                    I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice. With Obamacare the government limits our choices to only what Sebelius says we need. So in the wisdom of big government 65 year old Nuns have to purchase insurance for maternity care and meth rehab, and erectile dysfunction. This has nothing to do with controlling healthcare costs, just another big government power grab. Keep your laws off my body...
                    You hit the nail. The reality is the issue really was about control.

                    Everyone could've easily gotten on board with a free-market national exchange of insurance plans. The sticking point was whether it should be mandatory, and just as importantly, whether it put the Federal Government solely in charge of what an 'acceptable' Health Insurance policy had to look like.

                    But the "Smarter Government" result we got is (like you say), if Sister Mary doesn't have drug rehab coverage, her policy is "substandard"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      Some of them will go to ER so lets force all of them to pay for old peoples insurance. Genius.
                      Don't try to get me into a spot where I'm defending Obamacare. Never did. Still don't. I'm talking about the general principles of insurance.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
                        I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice. With Obamacare the government limits our choices to only what Sebelius says we need. So in the wisdom of big government 65 year old Nuns have to purchase insurance for maternity care and meth rehab, and erectile dysfunction. This has nothing to do with controlling healthcare costs, just another big government power grab. Keep your laws off my body...
                        Imagine living in NY City and paying highway taxes when you've never owned a car and used the subway your whole life? Or paying for schools when you have no children? It's despicable.

                        ("Despicable" is one of those words that when I read it, I always picture Dan Dierdork saying it. "Dethpicable.")

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                          Imagine living in NY City and paying highway taxes when you've never owned a car and used the subway your whole life? Or paying for schools when you have no children? It's despicable.
                          Public service/property is a fundamentally different animal from socializing individual risk.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BBII View Post
                            Public service/property is a fundamentally different animal from socializing individual risk.
                            Keeping hospitals open is a public service interest. Health care costs dragging down the entire economy requires the response of the entire society, ergo "socialization."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                              Keeping hospitals open is a public service interest. Health care costs dragging down the entire economy requires the response of the entire society, ergo "socialization."
                              If that were the case, Medicare/aid would pay just as much as private insurance.

                              The government milks Hospitals for every nickel, now you want to tell me they only care about what's best.

                              Comment


                              • Bottom line is Obama and his admin. lied. Millions are not going to be able to keep the plans they want as promised. Somehow Obama thinks he knows what a "good" plan is or isn't when in reality people's own insurance is none of his business. Obama wants to play God, like a true liberal, and decide what is the best insurance plan. And his defenders look like babbling idiots(yeah, I know, nothing new there) defending this complete fiasco. "Oh, it's working." What total fools. But they need this to work since government looking lost and incompetent ruins their narrative of life, so Obama's media has their cheerleading outfits on and downplaying the stupidity of the website not working and pretending the cancellation letters are just imagination and some right wing conspiracy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X