No announcement yet.

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well everyone at my work just got their notices in the mail that 2014 will be the last year that my company offers BCBS. Not sure what it will be replaced with, but so far the word isn't all that great. We use BCBS of Michigan which is way better than BCBS of Alabama. I pay $290 a month for 90%+ coverage. I went to the healthcare website to see what the cost of matching inssurance was, and for the Platnium, it would cost me $1100 a month. Even the lowest one would cost me over $600 a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
      Well everyone at my work just got their notices in the mail that 2014 will be the last year that my company offers BCBS. Not sure what it will be replaced with, but so far the word isn't all that great. We use BCBS of Michigan which is way better than BCBS of Alabama. I pay $290 a month for 90%+ coverage. I went to the healthcare website to see what the cost of matching inssurance was, and for the Platnium, it would cost me $1100 a month. Even the lowest one would cost me over $600 a month.
      Did the prices quoted include subsidies?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
          Did the prices quoted include subsidies?
          Yes. What the government would pay me when I file my taxes would be around 3k. Which still doesn't drop the monthly rate that I would have to pay at 1100 dollars. Of course I would have to actually sign up and apply to get the accurate price, however I'm sure this isn't off by much.

Thank God that as of right now, I don't have to get that.

Comment

• Yikes, GB16. I hope you and yours will be able to find something affordable.

Comment

• Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
              An old study making projections, not using the actual numbers.

Comment

• Scrap ObamaCare -- lets get single payer universal.

Comment

• In many cases substandard only means it has no maternity provisions or mammogram screenings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    Scrap ObamaCare -- lets get single payer universal.
                    Of course conservatives realize that is the plan and Obamacare just a stepping stone to get people depending on the gubbamit!

Comment

• Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      Of course conservatives realize that is the plan and Obamacare just a stepping stone to get people depending on the gubbamit!
                      Sup Cut? Come up with any tunes lately?

What instruments you play again?

Record me some horn samples or key samples and send 'em my way. I am making an OM Rap Album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Yoda
                        You can't have a system that rewards corporations offloading their healthcare costs onto the taxpayer while themselves being protected by the tax system
                        You do realize that the fact that you view healthcare costs as an employer responsibility in the first place is an American peculiarity. One that needs to be remedied.

Step 1, stop giving corporations special tax treatment for buying employee health care... Give it to individuals instead.

There are ways out of this mess that don't involve turning all of your care over to the Geniuses behind Healthcare.gov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          Yikes, GB16. I hope you and yours will be able to find something affordable.
                          Well we will find out this time next year on what our insurance will change to. So far what I'm hearing is for family it will cost me 46 dollars a pay period which is 92 a month. It will have a yearly copay of 2500 dollars that will have to be paid first before the insurance kicks in and covers at 100%. The company will kick in 1500 towards that 2500 dollars.

Not sure how accurate this is, but like I said, we will find out this time next year when we have our open enrollment.

Comment

• The reality is the dullard Obama supporters even when they get their cancellation letters and/or premium increase will just find a way to blame it on republicans or capitalism. They have too much invested in Obama to ever admit he lied about people keeping their insurance as they wanted and firmly believe, as Ed Asner even admitted, criticizing Obama means you must be racist, (he's a democrat, so off limits, but black and latino republicans are fair game of course)so be afraid to say anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by barryr View Post
                              The reality is the dullard Obama supporters even when they get their cancellation letters and/or premium increase will just find a way to blame it on republicans or capitalism. They have too much invested in Obama to ever admit he lied about people keeping their insurance as they wanted and firmly believe, as Ed Asner even admitted, criticizing Obama means you must be racist, (he's a democrat, so off limits, but black and latino republicans are fair game of course)so be afraid to say anything.
                              ed asner? you're resorting to quoting b rated actors?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Yoda
                                Yes & no. Cruz was doing himself a favor and giving a big F.U. to everyone else including the Republican party..
                                Cruz ACCURATELY described the train wreck that was coming. Better to sound the alarm bell BEFORE an accident than after. More and more democrats are even urging Obama to delay the mandate. Are they concerned for the common man? No. They admittedly are concerned about being attached to the train wreck known as Obamacare and being elected.

I suspect even some of our staunchest defenders of obamacare around here will get their letters of cancellation soon if they already haven't.

"Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it". Remember that.

Comment

Working...
                                X