Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leukemia patient loses his insurance coverage because of Obamacare regulations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leukemia patient loses his insurance coverage because of Obamacare regulations

    http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/630...rance-coverage

    <iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/123194" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    “I’ve worked hard because I’ve had to, and I’ve had to, because cancer runs in my family,” says Cerpok, who picked his current health insurance based on that family history. His monthly premium is just about half of his monthly take-home pay.

    Back in 2006, he found out he had an incurable form of leukemia that requires ongoing treatment until he dies.

    In 2012, his treatment bill was more than $350,000. But because of his insurance, his out-of-pocket was only $4,500.

    That’s about to change because Michael just got a letter from his insurance carrier saying as of January 1, he would be dropped from coverage because of new regulations under Obamacare. His doctor at the Mayo Clinic may be gone as well.

    "Now it doesn’t mean I can’t go see my current doctor, but my $4,500 out-of-pocket, is going to turn into a minimum of $26,000 out-of-pocket to see the doctor that I’ve been seeing the last seven years," he said.

  • #2
    OK I saw the video.

    His insurance company claims he is being dropped due to PPACA regs. What regulations are they referring to? Could they just be using Obamacare as an excuse?

    And has this guy tried to get new coverage through his state's insurance exchange? The report doesn't say.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
      OK I saw the video.

      His insurance company claims he is being dropped due to PPACA regs. What regulations are they referring to? Could they just be using Obamacare as an excuse?

      And has this guy tried to get new coverage through his state's insurance exchange? The report doesn't say.
      You mean to tell me that a lot of the context of the story is missing and that the claims of the insurance company are suspect? Perish the thought!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
        OK I saw the video.

        His insurance company claims he is being dropped due to PPACA regs. What regulations are they referring to? Could they just be using Obamacare as an excuse?

        And has this guy tried to get new coverage through his state's insurance exchange? The report doesn't say.
        I have been saying this about the claims of employers cutting jobs and hours due to the ACA for months. Of course companies (including insurance) would say this. It shifts responsibility off them! Unless we see their P&L, we'll never know, and those already looking for reasons to blame the ACA will lap it up like good little drones.

        Comment


        • #5
          Rates will and are going up, but the Obama supporters will find every excuse. Why do they think insurance companies like Obamacare? So they can charge less money? I mean, idiots.

          Comment


          • #6
            <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6HABaAPKROk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              I have been saying this about the claims of employers cutting jobs and hours due to the ACA for months. Of course companies (including insurance) would say this. It shifts responsibility off them! Unless we see their P&L, we'll never know, and those already looking for reasons to blame the ACA will lap it up like good little drones.
              Let's see. Employers claim to be cutting hours and BLS is seeing an unprecedented spike in part time vs full time hiring, and you're still just sure they're full of **** because hope n' change.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BBII View Post
                Let's see. Employers claim to be cutting hours and BLS is seeing an unprecedented spike in part time vs full time hiring, and you're still just sure they're full of **** because hope n' change.
                See my previous statement.

                I've worked in management a loooong time.

                Before I traded it all in, this would have been a manager's wet dream.

                "Why were my hours cut?"

                "Because of Obamacare."

                End of story. Doesn't matter whether it is true or not.



                So are you a chow chow? Or a ****zu?
                Last edited by houghtam; 10-06-2013, 11:36 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                  See my previous statement.

                  I've worked in management a loooong time.

                  Before I traded it all in, this would have been a manager's wet dream.

                  "Why were my hours cut?"

                  "Because of Obamacare."

                  End of story. Doesn't matter whether it is true or not.



                  So are you a chow chow? Or a ****zu?
                  But it can't just be an excuse. Because the data lines up with a massive migration towards part-time labor. So it might be an excuse in some cases. But it's a definite reality in many others.

                  Not sure why you think the prospect of paying federally mandated insurance vs paying absolutely nothing wouldn't leave many employers looking at cutting a few requisite hours.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bobo is a lemming

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                      <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6HABaAPKROk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      Even if they enrolled today the coverage doesn't kick in until January 1st, right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                        You mean to tell me that a lot of the context of the story is missing and that the claims of the insurance company are suspect? Perish the thought!
                        Yes it has to be a capitalist pig plot because Obamacare is perfect and ****.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                          Yes it has to be a capitalist pig plot because Obamacare is perfect and ****.
                          What's your dogma's plan for sick people who are poor? They should just die. Preferably in a Hefty® bag so cleaning up their corpses is quick and tidy.

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X