X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Change in the Coloradan Mind

Climate Change in the Coloradan Mind

Highlights:
    • Most Coloradans (70%) believe global warming is happening. Relatively few—only 19%— believe it is not.
    • Nearly half (48%) believe global warming is caused mostly by human activities.
    • Coloradans think global warming is important and are worried about it. Three in four (73%) say the issue of global warming is very or somewhat important to them personally. And six in ten (59%) are at least somewhat worried about it.
    • Among those who believe global warming is happening, 70% believe it is currently contributing to increased droughts and decreased snowpack, and 66% believe it is exacerbating wildfires.
    • About half of Coloradans (48%) say they have personally experienced global warming’s effects.
    • More than half of Coloradans say that more should be done about global warming at all levels of government—from President Obama and Congress, to Governor Hickenlooper and the state legislature, to local government officials. However, even larger numbers of Coloradans believe that corporations and industry (67%) and citizens themselves (66%) should be doing more to address climate change.
    • Half of Coloradans (52%) say that switching from fossil fuels to clean energy sources would increase economic growth and the number of jobs.

Originally posted by W*GS View Post
    Climate Change in the Coloradan Mind

Highlights:
    • 53% of Coloradans voted to for the Legalization of Marijuana
    • Most Coloradans (70%) believe global warming is happening. Relatively few—only 19%— believe it is not.
    • Nearly half (48%) believe global warming is caused mostly by human activities.
    • Coloradans think global warming is important and are worried about it. Three in four (73%) say the issue of global warming is very or somewhat important to them personally. And six in ten (59%) are at least somewhat worried about it.
    • Among those who believe global warming is happening, 70% believe it is currently contributing to increased droughts and decreased snowpack, and 66% believe it is exacerbating wildfires.
    • About half of Coloradans (48%) say they have personally experienced global warming’s effects.
    • More than half of Coloradans say that more should be done about global warming at all levels of government—from President Obama and Congress, to Governor Hickenlooper and the state legislature, to local government officials. However, even larger numbers of Coloradans believe that corporations and industry (67%) and citizens themselves (66%) should be doing more to address climate change.
    • Half of Coloradans (52%) say that switching from fossil fuels to clean energy sources would increase economic growth and the number of jobs.
    Oops you forgot one!

Comment

Anybody who says the climate hasn't changed in Colorado hasn't been around very long. Thirty years ago I could almost set my clock by the weather. I always got tee times for golf at dawn in the Spring because you knew it would wash out by one in the afternoon with the afternoon showers. August would be too hot to golf. Fall would be the best. Perfect temperature. No wind. Now, we're having Spring weather in August. Windstorms in October. And Spring is completely impossible to predict. Not to mention the cloud formations which I've never seen in my life.

Comment

New Little Ice Age ‘to Begin in 2014′

http://iceagenow.info/2010/05/new-li...begin-in-2014/

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Anybody who says the climate hasn't changed in Colorado hasn't been around very long. Thirty years ago I could almost set my clock by the weather. I always got tee times for golf at dawn in the Spring because you knew it would wash out by one in the afternoon with the afternoon showers. August would be too hot to golf. Fall would be the best. Perfect temperature. No wind. Now, we're having Spring weather in August. Windstorms in October. And Spring is completely impossible to predict. Not to mention the cloud formations which I've never seen in my life.
          The 2013 NFL season has just been delayed 15 minutes due to climate change!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
            The 2013 NFL season has just been delayed 15 minutes due to climate change!

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
              Oops you forgot one!
              We can always count on you to represent the small minority of idiots who are invariably on the wrong side of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                New Little Ice Age ‘to Begin in 2014′
                Bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                  We can always count on you to represent the small minority of idiots who are invariably on the wrong side of the issue.
                  What .... you couldn't find a cartoon to make your worthless point ...

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                    You got it, L.A. -- always.

Comment

, the Obama supporters can always go back to their usual subjects when things aren't going well for their messiah: gays marriage, abortion, religion, or global warming. Only now looks like it's shifting to being called "Global Cooling" again, so it changes depending on convenience of course

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year
                      • Almost a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than in 2012
                      • BBC reported in 2007 global warming would leave Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013
                      • Publication of UN climate change report suggesting global warming caused by humans pushed back to later this month

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...edictions.html

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                        , the Obama supporters can always go back to their usual subjects when things aren't going well for their messiah: gays marriage, abortion, religion, or global warming. Only now looks like it's shifting to being called "Global Cooling" again, so it changes depending on convenience of course
                        David Rose is more faeces than faeces are.

But of course you love him and the stench that accompanies him.

And:

Comment

Arctic sea ice delusions strike the Mail on Sunday and Telegraph

Read it and choke, barryr.

Comment

Except for climate science, then: "fixed ideas", "No peer review", "Select only favourable discoveries", "Sees criticism as 'Conspiracy'", "non-repeatable results", "claims of widespeard usefulness", "Ballpark measurements", are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                              Except for climate science, then: "fixed ideas", "No peer review", "Select only favourable discoveries", "Sees criticism as 'Conspiracy'", "non-repeatable results", "claims of widespeard usefulness", "Ballpark measurements", are ok.
                              Yeah, right.

Provide evidence that anthropogenic influence isn't necessary to explain the state of, and the trends in, the climate system.

Perhaps you can tell me how Lindzen's claim for very low ECS can be reconciled with the paleoclimate record.

Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X