Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, No African American Nurses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please, No African American Nurses

    "Please, No African American Nurses to care for [redacted] Baby per Dad's request. Thank you," read a note that was attached to the baby's clipboard.

    A Michigan hospital is under fire after a lawsuit claims it fulfilled a father's request to have no black nurses look after his baby in the neonatal intensive care unit last fall.

    A black nurse sued Hurley Medical Center for discrimination and violation of the state civil rights act after the nurse manager reassigned her because of the man's request for no black nurses, according to the complaint.

    A hospital lawyer eventually told the staff this was illegal, but the lawsuit alleges that black nurses were intentionally not assigned to the baby for the remainder of its stay in the hospital over the next month.

    So the question is, "What’s more important the rights of the Dad in the what he wants for his baby or the rights of the Nurse that was not assigned to care for the baby"?

    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ws-health.html

  • #2
    Sounds like Dad is a loser.

    Comment


    • #3
      That hospital is gonna lose its ass for being stupid.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        Sounds like Dad is a loser.
        Real big loser,regardless of what the dad wanted,the hospital violated the law accommodating him.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd had nothing but black nurses take care of that child, kiss, the baby, and bathe the baby and give the baby miniature dreadlocks and a hoodie.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
            "Please, No African American Nurses to care for [redacted] Baby per Dad's request. Thank you," read a note that was attached to the baby's clipboard.

            A Michigan hospital is under fire after a lawsuit claims it fulfilled a father's request to have no black nurses look after his baby in the neonatal intensive care unit last fall.

            A black nurse sued Hurley Medical Center for discrimination and violation of the state civil rights act after the nurse manager reassigned her because of the man's request for no black nurses, according to the complaint.

            A hospital lawyer eventually told the staff this was illegal, but the lawsuit alleges that black nurses were intentionally not assigned to the baby for the remainder of its stay in the hospital over the next month.

            So the question is, "What’s more important the rights of the Dad in the what he wants for his baby or the rights of the Nurse that was not assigned to care for the baby"?

            http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ws-health.html

            Is this a serious question

            " I don't want those darkies using my bathroom in my Diner" Mississippi restaurant owner.

            Who's rights do you think won out?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by baja View Post
              Is this a serious question

              " I don't want those darkies using my bathroom in my Diner" Mississippi restaurant owner.

              Who's rights do you think won out?
              Sure it's a serious question, I don't agree with the guy but should he have the right to make all decisions with regards to the care of his child?

              If you go to the hospital, you have the right to pick to pick what Doctor will treat your child and you don't have to give a reason why.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                That hospital is gonna lose its ass for being stupid.
                What is the stupid mistake worth in dollars? No pay was taken from the black nurse, she wasn't sent home and was only reassigned to other duties.

                Should this nurse walk away from the hospital with millions of dollars so she will never have to work again?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                  Sure it's a serious question, I don't agree with the guy but should he have the right to make all decisions with regards to the care of his child?

                  If you go to the hospital, you have the right to pick to pick what Doctor will treat your child and you don't have to give a reason why.
                  Shouldn't you be celebrating the fact that the guy got his way? He was allowed to be an ignorant, racist pig. Just how you clearly like it. So why aren't you happy?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                    What is the stupid mistake worth in dollars? No pay was taken from the black nurse, she wasn't sent home and was only reassigned to other duties.

                    Should this nurse walk away from the hospital with millions of dollars so she will never have to work again?
                    Dollars? 50,000+ just in lawyer fees to say the least.

                    BTW,what makes you think she'll get millions?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      Shouldn't you be celebrating the fact that the guy got his way? He was allowed to be an ignorant, racist pig. Just how you clearly like it. So why aren't you happy?
                      See how you can't have a simple exchange of ideas with out name calling ...... I see you are one of those "internet tough guys".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                        Dollars? 50,000+ just in lawyer fees to say the least.

                        BTW,what makes you think she'll get millions?
                        I didn't say she would get millions, I was referring to Spdirty’s comment that the hospital was going to loose their ass. What does lose their ass mean in a dollar amount? What's fair?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                          See how you can't have a simple exchange of ideas with out name calling ......
                          The shoe didn't fit? The guy wasn't an ignorant, racist pig? You disagree? Pleae explain. Exchange some ideas with us.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                            ...the hospital...
                            The hospital should have denied the request. They should have explained that they were an equal opportunity employer and would not remove a nurse from her/his assignment based on race. That was their policy. If the patient didn't like this policy they were free to choose a different hospital.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                              I didn't say she would get millions, I was referring to Spdirty’s comment that the hospital was going to loose their ass. What does lose their ass mean in a dollar amount? What's fair?
                              Whatever the amt is,it is going to be a lot more than the 0 amt they would've paid if they had simply told the guy no.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X