No announcement yet.

Republicans and Corruption Acceptance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All part and parcel of trump's 5D chess.

He just looks and acts like a low-rent criminal grifter. It's all an act.

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Comment

• Comment

• I think people underestimate Mitch McConnell's arrogance.

America was once a country ruled by great men. Now, it is a country ruled by very small men.

Comment

• It's a crime family.

D.C. attorney general charges Trump inaugural committee enriched the family business

A lawsuit says the improper expenditures included $300,000 for a private party for the president.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...o9iDuH6GJ2Wjpg

Comment

• Getting back to the title of the thread, republicans aren't just 'accepting' of corruption, I am really starting to believe they enjoy it. I'm just gonna keep repeating this because it's going to play out one day. A new precedent like we've never seen before is happening, 1 step at a time. There's going to be a DEM POTUS again, sooner or later, and they will have absolutely every right to do whatever they feel like doing. If they want to circumvent congress, go right ahead, they want to remain a business owner and use the office to enrich themsevles, no problem, they want to fly friends and family around on tax payer dollars, by all means of course, they want to play golf literally almost half of the time in office, absolutely no complaints. Anything is fair game in the future. Let's do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post
              Getting back to the title of the thread, republicans aren't just 'accepting' of corruption, I am really starting to believe they enjoy it. I'm just gonna keep repeating this because it's going to play out one day. A new precedent like we've never seen before is happening, 1 step at a time. There's going to be a DEM POTUS again, sooner or later, and they will have absolutely every right to do whatever they feel like doing. If they want to circumvent congress, go right ahead, they want to remain a business owner and use the office to enrich themsevles, no problem, they want to fly friends and family around on tax payer dollars, by all means of course, they want to play golf literally almost half of the time in office, absolutely no complaints. Anything is fair game in the future. Let's do this.
              Republicans believe power means being above all accountability.

I'm pretty sure that's not what the founding fathers intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

Republicans believe power means being above all accountability.

I'm pretty sure that's not what the founding fathers intended.
                That party is pure garbage.

Comment

That party is pure garbage.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	82466666_485551295674542_7639638198330589184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=WFKVZYVvAW0AX-IhECx&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk12-2.fna&oh=85c71fb28df9c96497caa5d968e214c2&oe=5E91AB57.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2561004

Comment

• Comment

Getting back to the title of the thread, republicans aren't just 'accepting' of corruption, I am really starting to believe they enjoy it. I'm just gonna keep repeating this because it's going to play out one day. A new precedent like we've never seen before is happening, 1 step at a time. There's going to be a DEM POTUS again, sooner or later, and they will have absolutely every right to do whatever they feel like doing. If they want to circumvent congress, go right ahead, they want to remain a business owner and use the office to enrich themsevles, no problem, they want to fly friends and family around on tax payer dollars, by all means of course, they want to play golf literally almost half of the time in office, absolutely no complaints. Anything is fair game in the future. Let's do this.
                      Hey, if that DEM happens to be Bloomberg, he already owns his own tv network. So he can even run his own propaganda machine 24 -7 and after he appoints his own FCC guy they won't even be able to stop him from lying about everyone else. Then he can just buy all the other nets and its a zero sum.

THAT is the model the Rs are giving us for the future.

Comment

• Executives at Fox News shielded the channel's audience on Wednesday night from the impeachment trial proceedings playing out in the United States Senate, instead choosing to air its regular bloc of opinion programming which is strongly supportive of President Donald Trump.

The editorial choice was remarkable, given it is only the third time a sitting President has faced a trial in the Senate that could potentially end with his being removed from office, though it is almost certain that will not happen. While broadcast networks stuck to regular programming, both CNN and MSNBC, the other two major cable news channels, aired raw footage of the proceedings provided by the Senate.
                        But Fox News' prime time audience didn't get a chance to see the Democrats make their caseagainst Trump. Instead they saw pro-Trump hosts like Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham provide cover for the President.
                        Sean Hannity says Republicans shouldn't give impeachment trial 'one iota of legitimacy'
                        "If I were a terrible host," Sean Hannity told viewers Wednesday night, "I would force you to endure watching the regurgitation, the repetition ... the insanity that has gone on all day."Spokespeople for Fox News did not return a request for comment. The network's move to cut away from the Senate proceedings occurred during the 5 p.m. hour when the channel aired "The Five," one of Fox's top shows which features an ensemble of pundits, most of whom are supportive of Trump.

"So you are looking live at the Senate floor. Don't worry, we are not going through the whole thing," co-host Dana Perino reassured viewers, adding, "Our reaction is coming up in just a minute, we promise."

Some of that reaction included: Co-host Jesse Watters calling Rep. Adam Schiff, the House Intelligence Committee chair who is one of the Democratic impeachment managers, a "rotten dandelion." Co-host Greg Gutfeld accusing the "establishment media" of assisting the Democrats. And co-host Dagen McDowell claiming, with a reference to Joe Biden's son, "Hunter Biden is ready for his close-up because he got new teeth, did you notice that?"

Following the decision to cut away from Senate impeachment proceedings in favor of "The Five," Fox never looked back. It aired Bret Baier's "Special Report" and Martha MacCallum's "The Story" as usual, with the hosts occasionally dipping into the Senate chambers for a look at the proceedings. MacCallum, who hosts one of Fox's top news shows, found time in her program to air a story about Hunter Biden's ongoing paternity case.

Carlson started his 8 p.m. show telling viewers, "You may be forgiven if you didn't watch every single minute" of the impeachment trial. "Imagine a movie written and directed by children whose ending you already know, and by the way, it's 20 hours long and Hungarian with misspelled subtitles," Carlson said. "That's what it's like."
                        How the pro-Trump echo chamber has changed impeachment
                        Carlson went on to attack the Democratic House impeachment managers. "Schiff, who sources say he had not a single friend in high school, has been relishing his turn in the spotlight," Carlson said. He later attacked Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, another House Impeachment manager, calling him a "joke" and a "race baiter."

Hannity continued the verbal assault on Schiff by recycling his usual attacks. He called him "compromised" and "corrupt," a "congenital liar" and "lunatic" who is "totally unhinged."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/media...age/index.html

3rd impeachment in US history and "Fox News" isn't going to cover it.

Comment

• Faux is scared.

I wonder what excuses the cultists have for Faux's behavior.

Comment

• The RNC is going to hold its second meeting at Trump Doral, effectively putting money into the president's pockets. So, what does Trump do in advance of their arrival? That's right. He doubled the rates. Can't make this **** up. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6779e9c2b6521

Comment

• Originally posted by W*GS View Post
                              Faux is scared.

I wonder what excuses the cultists have for Faux's behavior.
                              I don't know why they would be scared. Trump's acquittal is in the bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

I don't know why they would be scared. Trump's acquittal is in the bag.
                                Faux doesn't want its watchers to hear anything other than trump adoration.

Comment

Working...
                                X