Republicans and Corruption Acceptance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• The President of the United States was just court ordered to pay $2 million in damages to eight charities for illegally misusing his charity funds to:

— Buy paintings of himself
      — Pay off his businesses’ legal bills
      — Fund his presidential campaign

The Trump Foundation is now permanently shuttered, and Trump will be subject to special oversight if he ever hopes to start a charity in New York again. It never ceases to amaze me that
      such a blatant fraudster, liar, and morally bankrupt grifter occupies the highest office in the land. What a disgrace.

Trump pays $2 million in damages ordered by judge over misuse of charity funds, according to NY attorney general

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d9e_story.html

Comment

• Republicans are no longer a political party. They're the junior members in a personality cult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
          Republicans are no longer a political party. They're the junior members in a criminal personality cult.
          FYP.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

“Someone should remind McConnell that the Constitution requires that the Senate act as an independent jury on impeachment. Imagine the foreman of a jury announcing before the trial that there will be no difference between the jury’s position and the defendant’s, that the jury will be working in lockstep with the defendant, and that the jury has already decided the defendant’s innocence! Folks, I cannot understate how unprecedented and dangerous for our democracy this is. Senate Republicans have abdicated their duty to uphold the Constitution. I know I shouldn’t be surprised anymore, but the complete and utter self-destruction of today’s Republican Party never ceases to amaze me.”

- Robert Reich, stating what should be obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

“Someone should remind McConnell that the Constitution requires that the Senate act as an independent jury on impeachment. Imagine the foreman of a jury announcing before the trial that there will be no difference between the jury’s position and the defendant’s, that the jury will be working in lockstep with the defendant, and that the jury has already decided the defendant’s innocence! Folks, I cannot understate how unprecedented and dangerous for our democracy this is. Senate Republicans have abdicated their duty to uphold the Constitution. I know I shouldn’t be surprised anymore, but the complete and utter self-destruction of today’s Republican Party never ceases to amaze me.”

Astonishing **** happening every day. Mind boggling. Well, Reagan announced in the 80s that our "government is the problem." Looks like the Republicans are committed to finishing it off, once and for all. Of course, compared to the guys who wrote the Constitution, the GOP stars (like McConnell, Gaetz, Jordan, Cruz, etc.) are like the fleas riding the back of a chariot who look behind them and cry out, "My! What a dust I do raise!"

Comment

• Comment

• Jim Crow ain't dead. He merely changed suits.

Comment

Astonishing **** happening every day. Mind boggling. Well, Reagan announced in the 80s that our "government is the problem." Looks like the Republicans are committed to finishing it off, once and for all. Of course, compared to the guys who wrote the Constitution, the GOP stars (like McConnell, Gaetz, Jordan, Cruz, etc.) are like the fleas riding the back of a chariot who look behind them and cry out, "My! What a dust I do raise!"
                      Today’s tRumpublican Party is really just the continuation of the old confederacy.

These people have always hated the idea of a centralized federal government.

tRump is their way of throwing a grenade into it.

Comment

Today’s tRumpublican Party is really just the continuation of the old confederacy.

These people have always hated the idea of a centralized federal government.

tRump is their way of throwing a grenade into it.
                        I wonder what modern equivalent of Fort Sumter the traitors will find this time? Sherman was right. Should have burned the place down to the ground and salted the earth. And hanged every one of the traitors. Why is it no surprise that Lindsay Graham represents South Carolina?

Like one historian on Ken Burn's Civil War pointed out, "It never really ended..." It just proceeded by other means.

Comment

I wonder what modern equivalent of Fort Sumter the traitors will find this time? Sherman was right. Should have burned the place down to the ground and salted the earth. And hanged every one of the traitors. Why is it no surprise that Lindsay Graham represents South Carolina?

Like one historian on Ken Burn's Civil War pointed out, "It never really ended..." It just proceeded by other means.
                          I say we kick the South out.

They're a drag on the nation.

Comment

We all know Mitch is a scumbag and traitor, it's about high time we point the finger at those losers who keep electing pieces of **** like him.

Comment

• Today's GOPNF...

US governor issues 428 pardons during final days in office

Former Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin issued 428 pardons in his final days in office, a list that includes multiple violent offenders.

The Republican pardoned a convicted child rapist as well as a convicted murderer whose brother raised money for Mr Bevin's election campaign.

Mr Bevin was defeated by Democrat Andy Beshear in November after a contentious election.

The flurry of pardons sent shockwaves through the state's legal system.

State prosecutors told local media they had not been consulted on Mr Bevin's decision, and families of the victims were not notified in advance.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X