Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT--Lebron returns to CLE due to ...wait for it, wait for it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DomCasual
    replied
    Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
    While I think what txtebow posted is pretty far from bannable and that though normally very reasonable and patient, Archer made a mistake, people need to take responsibility for their own personal "brand" that they've created and how it effects others peoples perceptions of what they have to say.

If you're known for thinking goats are sexy, you can't be upset for people calling you a "Goat ****er" after posting an article about goat in lipstick and a wig.
    The second paragraph is the start of a new autobiography.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by errand View Post
    Mock called a member's newborn child a "cross eyed retard" and his punishment was less severe and he's simply adored by numerous others on this very site....meanwhile, Txtebow points out examples of "reverse racism" and hypocrisy of race baiters and he needs to go?

Whether you agree with his opinions or not, you always have the "ignore" feature to go to....use it, unless you're just too stupid to know how to.
    BS. That's not what he was doing and you know it.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Mock called a member's newborn child a "cross eyed retard" and his punishment was less severe and he's simply adored by numerous others on this very site....meanwhile, Txtebow points out examples of "reverse racism" and hypocrisy of race baiters and he needs to go?

Whether you agree with his opinions or not, you always have the "ignore" feature to go to....use it, unless you're just too stupid to know how to.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    For a thread with less than one full page, this sure is a cluster.

A few thoughts, to add to the cluster.

1) It was a stupid thread. Its whole premise is the opinion stated on some obscure blog. I could start ten threads a day with bizarre opinions from obscure blogs.

2) I don't think it was worthy of a banning. That said, it probably would have escalated there - txtebow's threads usually do.

3) I personally hate most banning, in general. But txtebow is probably about ready for a permaban. But, if I was a mod, I would have probably given this specific thread about another page before I dumped him.

4) This whole thread should have been done in a Comic Sans font. (I hope you get that joke - I really do!)

Leave a comment:

• glennst
    replied
    Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
    Before criticizing the mod,you should get your facts straight.
    I said I am NOT defending his character. Also, I am not sure why you a taking such an aggressive stance when I give my objective feedback. I have nothing against Archer; in fact, i think he is an insightful poster and a fair mod.

Anyway, this is Taco's site. If he thinks that moving this thread is the right thing to do, then so be it. I just think that threads should be judged on their own merit, not on the past history of a poster.

Also, the laissez-faire approach to moderation that Taco has normally used is part of what I like about this site. It would be unfortunate if that were to change, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by glennst View Post
    Does my number of posts determine the validity of my opinion ? I am just an neutral observer that thinks this mod action was a tad too aggressive. I am certainly not defending the poster's character, just that this thread did not seem ban-worthy.
    Before criticizing the mod,you should get your facts straight.

Leave a comment:

• glennst
    replied
    Why are you so concerned with him being banned? You got less then 60 posts and you're concerned with the "orangemane way"?!
    You haven't read a single one of his post,but yet you say we're looking at things out of context.
    Does my number of posts determine the validity of my opinion ? I am just an neutral observer that thinks this mod action was a tad too aggressive. I am certainly not defending the poster's character, just that this thread did not seem ban-worthy.

Leave a comment:

• glennst
    replied
    Exactly. Here's where you lose credibility. You haven't read any of previous post.
    If this poster has made offensive posts in the past, he should have been banned for those posts, not for creating this thread.

Again, explain to my why THIS THREAD is deserving of deletion and why THIS THREAD would get the poster banned. Please give a specific explanation. Name calling and generalization hurts your credibility, not mine.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Please explain the "issue here". What SPECIFICALLY is the problem here? The poster seems to be mocking a clearly racists commentator, not supporting him.
    Why are you so concerned with him being banned? You got less then 60 posts and you're concerned with the "orangemane way"?!
    You haven't read a single one of his post,but yet you say we're looking at things out of context.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    This sounds like a weak justification. I have not read any of this posters previous posts, but this does not seem like a valid reason to move a perfectly legitimate thread.

I think that banning of posters and removal of threads should be reserved for clear violations of OrangeMane polices. Further, the mod doing the banning/moving should give a specific explanation why the thread is inappropriate.

I cannot speak for Taco, but I think the spirit of this forum has been to allow open discussion without heavy moderation. This sort of aggressive mod behavior is not consistent with the OrangeMane way. Archer is normally a fair moderator, but i think that his action in this particular case was incorrect.
    Exactly. Here's where you lose credibility. You haven't read any of previous post.

Leave a comment:

• glennst
    replied
    How dense are you? Discussion of racism is allowed,but that isn't the issue here.
    Please explain the "issue here". What SPECIFICALLY is the problem here? The poster seems to be mocking a clearly racists commentator, not supporting him.

Leave a comment:

• glennst
    replied
    Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    When it's started by a trolling racist, not it isn't. ANYONE else starts this thread it's fine, as it's meant as a point of discussion.

This inbred is just trolling.
    This sounds like a weak justification. I have not read any of this posters previous posts, but this does not seem like a valid reason to move a perfectly legitimate thread.

I think that banning of posters and removal of threads should be reserved for clear violations of OrangeMane polices. Further, the mod doing the banning/moving should give a specific explanation why the thread is inappropriate.

I cannot speak for Taco, but I think the spirit of this forum has been to allow open discussion without heavy moderation. This sort of aggressive mod behavior is not consistent with the OrangeMane way. Archer is normally a fair moderator, but i think that his action in this particular case was incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    I am still confused what is the problem with the thread? Is discussion of racism not allowed on the OrangeMane?
    How dense are you? Discussion of racism is allowed,but that isn't the issue here.

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    I am still confused what is the problem with the thread? Is discussion of racism not allowed on the OrangeMane?
    When it's started by a trolling racist, not it isn't. ANYONE else starts this thread it's fine, as it's meant as a point of discussion.

This inbred is just trolling.

Leave a comment:

• glennst
    replied
    Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    Thanks for dispensing of this trash, or at least throwing it outside for awhile until the stink goes away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X