Jimmy Graham for two late #1's anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunns View Post
    2 #1's for a TE? Uh no. It's time (it's been time for almost 14 years) for the Broncos to make the defense the spotlight of the team. Stop putting all the money and talent into the offense. It's truly been the downfall of the Broncos for those years. Broncos had the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and we know what happened (well, despite an inept coach). Defense does win Championships. Ask the 18-0 Patriots.
    HAD the best offense is the key word there. Deck and Know are gone and I seriously doubt Wes makes it thru the year. No one else noticed the beating he was taking towards the end of last season?.. Id actually be fine with cutting him and saving 6M

Comment

So you give him $10m a year (cos that's what he wants money wise) and give up 2 1st rd draft picks.

Pass

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        You're so vein

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
          So you give him $10m a year (cos that's what he wants money wise) and give up 2 1st rd draft picks.

Pass
          The cap will be 143M in 2015.. we're about 50M away from that and draft picks(especially late draft picks cost next to nothing). So tell me where we should invest the rest of that money?? Champ??

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/03/nfl-n-...quarterback/2/
          Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-04-2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
            HAD the best offense is the key word there. Deck and Know are gone and I seriously doubt Wes makes it thru the year. No one else noticed the beating he was taking towards the end of last season?.. Id actually be fine with cutting him and saving 6M
            No, nothing about the offense is the key word, defense is, and that HAD was during the SB and it didn't do us a damn bit of good. WR's are a dime a dozen, you can pick up a decent one on any corner and a WR DOES NOT have to be taken in the first round or paid a ton of free agent money to be good and a contributor. Yes we need a RB. And I'm sure they will. It's because of the Broncos worrying about exactly the things you have posted, that we sit here 15 years from winning a SB.

Comment

I would be fine with this. We have a better chance of making the best offense ever better and getting a decent defense than we do of building a nasty defense.

Comment

How is it silly to think we should try to replace Decker's production? How is it silly to think we cant fill those holes youre talking about thru Free Agency like we did last year... DRC, Lennon, Phillips, Wes. Whats silly is people who dont realize that the NFL is changing.

Thats cool. I guess youre ok with some 4th rounder out of Rutgers taking over Deck's old position. I guess you dont realize Graham lined up in the slot over 67% of the time
                He's a great player I just don't think we can afford 2 first round picks, along with all the money to him.

I'd rather trade up for Sammy Watkins then sign Graham.

Comment

We can get a great young WR in the draft this yr. DT is a stud and so is Julious Thomas. Sign a vet WR like Emmanual Sanders or Hakeen Nicks if he is healthy.

Use the draft picks to grab young wr, pass rushers, dbacks, interior oline.

Comment

We had a problem giving manning room to step up, time to feel comfy throwing the ball. If anything the Broncos should go after a player like Alex Mack in FA (did he get tagged?) or whoever the best guard is.

Our oline could still use more physical play.

Comment

Someone needs to take ATL-Eric's thread starting privileges away.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                        No, nothing about the offense is the key word, defense is, and that HAD was during the SB and it didn't do us a damn bit of good. WR's are a dime a dozen, you can pick up a decent one on any corner and a WR DOES NOT have to be taken in the first round or paid a ton of free agent money to be good and a contributor. Yes we need a RB. And I'm sure they will. It's because of the Broncos worrying about exactly the things you have posted, that we sit here 15 years from winning a SB.

I saw a depleted Defense with a bunch of backups play their ass off last year, thats what I saw. I saw a patch work of players on defense play well enough to take us to the Super Bowl behind our High Powered offense that is losing two of its best playmakers and about see 2 more playmakers hit Free Agency.

Who are we really going to get at #31? A DE or WR or CB... They could turn out to be great players but probably not until 2017 when were back to scoring 20 a game with a mediocre QB. Would you not trade Sly and #31 for Jimmy Graham??

Comment

Thats cool. I guess youre ok with some 4th rounder out of Rutgers taking over Deck's old position. I guess you dont realize Graham lined up in the slot over 67% of the time
                          How about a 3rd rounder from Minnesota.

Comment

Just look at how dominant the 2011 Patriots were...And could you imagine Graham knocking around Sherman
                            The Patriots set records for being one of the best offenses ever that year and lost the Super Bowl. Denver broke those records last year and lost the Super Bowl.

Sherman and Seattle knocked Graham around when they played this year.

As for the thread title, no thanks.

Comment

The cap will be 143M in 2015.. we're about 50M away from that and draft picks(especially late draft picks cost next to nothing). So tell me where we should invest the rest of that money?? Champ??

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/03/nfl-n-...quarterback/2/
                              You continue to draft cheaper players and maintain them on your roster 18 picks in the last 3 drafts still here under Elway. You then invest in your own talent like DT, JT, Knighton, Harris etc etc.

You could then invest what you have left in players who may actually hit the market like Byrd, Ward, Michael Johnson, Bennett, Verner just to name a few without having to give up draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                                He's a great player I just don't think we can afford 2 first round picks, along with all the money to him.

I'd rather trade up for Sammy Watkins then sign Graham.
                                Again. Money really isnt an issue here IMO. We actually have zero bad contracts on the books right now and the 2015 cap is 144 Million. Elway has done pretty damn well considering we've been to the playoffs 3 straight years. If Pat is willing to fork over some bonuses then cap space really isnt a problem. Take a look...http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/2015/

Comment

Working...
                                X