KC to break NFL scoring record for the season BET THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC to break NFL scoring record for the season BET THREAD

I'll take 3 separate 100 dollar bets on this. DenverDui is in on this. KC must break the 2013 Broncos single season record of 606. For Zero to win the bet KC must score 607 or higher.

I'd like in for $100 if I may. I dont post much, but will definitely pay up if I lost the bet.

Comment

I'm in! Venmo is the payment?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlung View Post
        I'd like in for $100 if I may. I dont post much, but will definitely pay up if I lost the bet.
        IN! That makes 2...room for one more.

I don't have Venmo...I have google wallet, apple wallet, and paypal...I can get a Venmo if needed.

Comment

PayPal is fine. Venmo is just a better version in my opinion but I have PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by c_lazy_r View Post

I’m in for A $100 on the the chiefs NOT breaking the scoring record.
            This makes 3.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

IN! That makes 2...room for one more.

I don't have Venmo...I have google wallet, apple wallet, and paypal...I can get a Venmo if needed.
              PayPal works for me!

Comment

....Also...if I suddenly quit posting here...it's because I died. In that case, look up my son Hayden Hamilton on facebook, reference this thread and he will see to it these are paid in that very unfortunate case.

Comment

Zero let's hear your breakdown of how they get to 607 or more points.

Comment

First, I think the biggest risk I am incurring here is the possibility Mahomes gets injured. If that happens I won’t win this bet....so just keep in mind the following makes the assumption that Mahomes is starting all 16 games.

ok, so as I pointed out in other threads, Andy has been on the wrong side of some big comeback wins and he’s been dealing with an unreliable D during most of his tenure here. Unlike last season, when KC was coming into 2018 with the NFLs leading rusher, this year they are coming in with a mixed backfield, a stronger and deeper WR corps and maybe slightly more TE depth. Couple that with a new, undersized center, and a line that is way more finesse than physical, and your personnel dictate that you ought to throw.

also consider that analytics agree with more passing for KC. This organization has been receptive to that.

Lastly, I do think Andy is considering his legacy. He’s going to want to push the scoring record up to something that can’t be reached again for a long time and he has a team to make it happen.

i would like to add that I would not have made this bet a week ago. I wanted to see Mecole Hardman on a football field. Preseason games don’t mean anything but they are useful for getting a look at some individual players etc. Hardmans speed in pads is for real. He simply ran by people, he can put his foot in the ground and turn on a dime, and it appears he will be a dangerous return man

The bet became possible to me when it became apparent Hardman is going to contribute right away, and gives an already elite special teams unit, just one more weapon on top of what Hill provides. The important point here being even if Hill or Hardman get hurt, we will still have a return threat. I’ll need some returns to win this bet.

Also after just one preseason game (yes I know, it’s just one) I am convinced the Chiefs got the steal of the draft with Darwin Thompson, RB. I don’t need to rehash a scouting report for you, just know that in my estimation, he’s got too end speed, good vision, runs routes well, can catch, and the part that sold me was that he is 5’8 and little guy, and literally blew up a free blitzing DE twice his size, so he is committed to and is a willing pass blocker, vital to this offense. The kid is going to be a star sooner than later.

if Mahomes wasn’t the QB and able to throw and read under pressure, I wouldn’t make this bet either. Mahomes makes our line look good. It’s actually not a good line. Schwartz at RT is very good. Fisher is just an adequate LT and the interior is replacement level. The depth sucks as well. An injury to either tackle would be a substantial problem.

TE depth is poor, if we lost Kellee, it would hurt.

i think the D will be better, but that is a low bar to clear.

All in all, i feel good about it. I trust my evaluation and I’m excited to see if they can pull it off....

Comment

In simpler terms how do you see 70 plus TDs scored.

If Andy is worried about his legacy he should win SB vs regular season records. If he is trying to win SB the scoring record wont be broke. He will end games ASAP in the second half of games.
                      Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 08-13-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        In simpler terms how do you see 70 plus TDs scored.

If Andy is worried about his legacy he should win SB vs regular season records. If he is trying to win SB the scoring record wont be broke. He will end games ASAP in the second half of games.
                        I think Andy isn’t going to ever much believe any game is ended in the second half. He’s been burnt too many times by losing games that should have been well in hand.

He also doesnt have a roster roster set up to grind out the clock. I also think to a lesser degree that Andy will try and run up points to show the rest of the league that to win VS KC, your offense will need to match scores.

To answer your your question a bit more specifically, two things will lead to high TD totals for KC. 1. A lot of smaller short throws and runs are going to be converted into big plays. The volume times number of guys on the field who can do this on a given play is high. 2. KC will convert a lot of third downs that ordinary teams don’t. Converted third downs equals longer drives, which result in more TDS and less field goals. 3. Not trying to brag more than I already have on Mahomes, but he’s going to be better than last year. I think he’d like to prove 50 and 5000 is not a fluke.

Comment

Fantasy draft tonight. Superflex league and I draft later first. Considering Kelce Hill combo first 2 picks........I'm pretty good at picking guys early who have bad years usually due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                            Fantasy draft tonight. Superflex league and I draft later first. Considering Kelce Hill combo first 2 picks........I'm pretty good at picking guys early who have bad years usually due to injury.
                            Mahomes also will have the burden of the Madden curse so clearly you’d be wasting your picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Mahomes also will have the burden of the Madden curse so clearly you’d be wasting your picks.
                              I didnt get any queef BTW. Wasn't taking Kelce round 1 at 8 and Hill never made it back to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X