• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial request

how do i make stuff like this?

Originally posted by Jens

how do i make stuff like this?
    I'll Put together Something for you, with screenshots and all, just give me a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Play2Win
      I'll Put together Something for you, with screenshots and all, just give me a day or two.
      Hey Play2Win, if you make the tutorial number it and I will sticky it.

My next full tutorial I am going to do is on reflections. I will be doing a mini tutorial as a supplement to the Extract Image tutorial showing how to extract images with the magic wand.

Comment

thank you, play2win.

and as i have you 2 here already, how do i resize images on the fly? i mean resizing with some sort of bounding box, like when you type something and press and ctrl or like you have in paint shop pro by default.

Comment

thank you, play2win.

and as i have you 2 here already, how do i resize images on the fly? i mean resizing with some sort of bounding box, like when you type something and press and ctrl or like you have in paint shop pro by default.
          Easiest way to resize an image is in MS Paint. CTRL+E (maybe W) and then change the horizontal and vertical percentages equally.

But in Photoshop, you just go Menu: Image-->Image Size...

If you keep the "Constrain Proportions" box checked, then you only have to change the width OR the height and the other is automatically resized in proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecRaenos
            Hey Play2Win, if you make the tutorial number it and I will sticky it.

My next full tutorial I am going to do is on reflections. I will be doing a mini tutorial as a supplement to the Extract Image tutorial showing how to extract images with the magic wand.
            Sounds good to me.

Comment

Easiest way to resize an image is in MS Paint. CTRL+E (maybe W) and then change the horizontal and vertical percentages equally.

But in Photoshop, you just go Menu: Image-->Image Size...

If you keep the "Constrain Proportions" box checked, then you only have to change the width OR the height and the other is automatically resized in proportion.
              i know that, but after further research paintshop pro doesnt have the feature im looking for, either ... or i havent found it yet

Comment

Sweet, a magic wand tutorial. That has been frustrating me, and I've gone to exclusively using the other deal... the lasso tool I believe it is. Perhaps I'm not using the wagic wand correctly.
                Last edited by RhymesayersDU; 11-30-2005, 10:04 AM.

Comment

i know that, but after further research paintshop pro doesnt have the feature im looking for, either ... or i havent found it yet
                  I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, But you can alway use Free Transform command (Command/T) to get a bounding Box. You can re-size and rotate just like you could do with any other Bounding Box. Then you could Just crop your Image afterwords (cropping out the unneccessary white background).

The trick would be to SHOW RULERS (Command/R), set the units (inches or PIXELS) and Set-up GUIDES. Then, after re-sizing your image, just CROP to the Guides.

(of course Image Size allows you alot more control over different size and Resolution properties...)

I hope this is what you were getting at.

Comment

CTRL-T (we dont use dirty macs Play2Win) is Free Transform and that is one of the most useful commands in PS.

Comment

CTRL-T (we dont use dirty macs Play2Win) is Free Transform and that is one of the most useful commands in PS.
                      I am still absolutely LOVING my new PowerBook, and the Dual Monitor set-up I got...

Comment

Did you know, now in CS2, you can WARP Selection from the contextual menu off of Free Transform?

Its pretty sweet. I have just started to play around with that...

Comment

In Paintshop Pro, resizing is simple... click the "Image" tab, then "Resize"... on the next screen, it's as easy as typing in the height or width you need. Because resizing can make an image look less sharp, I always go into "Effects" and sharpen it up after making any size changes.

Comment

the free transform thing is the thing i wanted. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Play2Win
                              Did you know, now in CS2, you can WARP Selection from the contextual menu off of Free Transform?

Its pretty sweet. I have just started to play around with that...
                              Yes, there are lots of things in CS2 that are sweet that I love over CS and 7.0.

Comment

Working...
                              X