California will be out of water in 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California will be out of water in 1 year

According to a NASA scientist who has been using satellites to determine the amount of water in CA. Their drought has been bad but back up supplies are running low and ground water is also running low.

http://www.kusi.com/story/28535558/n...n-out-of-water

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    According to a NASA scientist who has been using satellites to determine the amount of water in CA. Their drought has been bad but back up supplies are running low and ground water is also running low.

http://www.kusi.com/story/28535558/n...n-out-of-water
    Wow that would devastate us. I mean to have to rehome all those people is one thing but the amount of food they grow in unreal . Holy **** I hope they got this one wrong.

Comment

Good thing I loaded up on strawberry seeds. I'll miss avacado though. Time to get some gardens kicking.

Comment

It is being refuted by others. It is a damn problem and wish we can take some of that snow from MASS and send it over here. I am waiting for our Governor to start demanding pools need to be drained, water down to 1 or 2 days and showers every other day.

Comment

I did over 35 tomato plants last year. I might need to start cranking it up.

Lettuces and greens are easier to handle all year. But this is going to jack food prices.

I should also get more mushroom beds going to help as a protein substitute.

Comment

They are already putting in small restrictions in LA. watering lawns, asking for water at restaurants, etc. agricultural uses the vast majority of it though

Comment

Yep, restrictions are being put into place.

The problem is the groundwater extraction law came way way way too late so there was too much being sucked out before. If we don't get the snowpack, construction of desalinization plants is really the only other way, which is not ideal and expensive but at some point we won't be left with other choices.

The water bond last year was a small, incremental thing and isn't going to create an immediate impact, but will help a little bit down the road.

Comment

It's ok. We can just fill buckets from a magical stream of endless water just blocks away from me.

http://m.montereycountyweekly.com/ne....html?mode=jqm

Comment

Our mountains in Oregon are a 6 percent snow fall for the year. This is becoming a real problem

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    It's ok. We can just fill buckets from a magical stream of endless water just blocks away from me.

http://m.montereycountyweekly.com/ne....html?mode=jqm
                    So that's why your ground water has been low, it's all been gushing out at that lady's house, LMAO. Yeah, they better tap that thing now and save what they can.

Comment

Well...........bye

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        So that's why your ground water has been low, it's all been gushing out at that lady's house, LMAO. Yeah, they better tap that thing now and save what they can.

We get blasted by 2 disasters. The drought and water politics. From the mess of the San Clemente dam removal to the bickering of desalination, it's not pretty.

Comment

Don't worry there are plans in place to build a long pipeline..... oh wait it's for oil.

... carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                            Don't worry there are plans in place to build a long pipeline..... oh wait it's for oil.

... carry on.
                            Cali have someone willing to sell them water? Didn't think so.

Comment

They'll invade Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X