Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any sort of good juju you can send my way, I'll take it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any sort of good juju you can send my way, I'll take it.

My dog is in the ER right now after getting hit by a car. We're in the process of moving and he slipped out and into the road trying to play.

I'm so lost right now.

Edit- If the bills keep piling up, every little bit will help, reaching out to every possible avenue of help! I set this up to cover his surgery if it gets that far. http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Thanks,
    Our Family

Last edited by Doggcow; 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM.

all good juju, prayers to you. I am really sorry to hear this. I hope your beautiful dog makes a full recovery. What is his/her name? Beautiful dog and my heart is out there for your both.

Comment

His name is Rebel.

Comment

He's gorgeous and I will absolutely send prayers. I am genuinely sorry to hear of your troubles. Whatever happens do let us know what happens or if you prefer PM me and we can chat if you just want to deal with some stress privately. Despite my verbosity, I actually am capable of listening/reading.

Comment

He's doing well the vet said. It's a fractured pelvis. We're under the impression that it might heal on it's own, he'll just have a pretty bad limp, and need lots of therapy. He may still need his hip replaced, but the ends would remain the same, so we're opting for natural recovery hopefully.

Everything tertiary like collapsed lung and pulmonary contusions should be alright.

He was able to stand on his back right leg, but his left would give him startling pain.

Comment

Well if its any consolation, my sister's dog Frankie was diagnosed 4 years ago with supposedly terminal bone cancer in his leg that an amputation would not help. They gave him 6 months and he is still around, 14 years old and still a scrapper. Dogs are amazing animals. I hope your beautiful boy rebounds with a full recovery and is wearing his Bronco jersey with you this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
              Well if its any consolation, my sister's dog Frankie was diagnosed 4 years ago with supposedly terminal bone cancer in his leg that an amputation would not help. They gave him 6 months and he is still around, 14 years old and still a scrapper. Dogs are amazing animals. I hope your beautiful boy rebounds with a full recovery and is wearing his Bronco jersey with you this season.
              Yeah that's what my dad says. He keeps telling me dogs are tough. I know Rebel is a fighter, I just hope he rebounds with minimal discomfort if any. They say the nerves are intact and not pinched, so it could just be range of motion loss.

Comment

Update! I set up a surgery fund for our little co-pilot

Comment

Good luck to your buddy. I couldn't imagine go through that with my dog. Sending good vibes your way.

Comment

Originally posted by sutoazul View Post
                    Good luck to your buddy. I couldn't imagine go through that with my dog. Sending good vibes your way.
                    Thanks, the prognosis is life, and that's what matters. Swinging $10,000 at this point for us might be pretty difficult though so we're really praying he doesn't need the surgery, in which case we'll put everything towards bonus rehab time at the vet

Comment

I already started my own plan to get him back to Recovery

Comment

Bump because life can be Ruff.

Comment

Morning Update: Rebel is able to get up and walk around (On 3 legs). Lots of discomfort (of course, dude has a broken pelvis). Doctors worried about him not going to the bathroom, and I told them he's always been like that, maybe one trip out a day. He's off his IV pain meds and onto just oral pain meds. Everything as far as the road to recovery looks like we're doing well. Should be picking him up ~5 today.

Comment

Wife didn't have the heart to keep him kenneled up. He pretty much hopped up on the bed on his own then laid down. Been cuddling ever since. Breathing is steady and hasn't been screaming

Comment

Good deal. (he looks a cozy as he probably can be considering what he's been through)

I lost one of my dogs -Rex (#5 of 8) a few decades ago to someone who hit him with their vehicle and left him for dead in a ditch. Luckily someone found him and contacted me. I was able to say my goodbye(s) and put him to rest .

Comment

Working...
                              X